+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

NKON

May 23, 2012
Gmorning,

I just joined this forum and its really informative.However, I have an URGENT question.

I have received my Passport request to be submitted within 30days for Marple leaf.But the challenge is that my Passport is with the Homeoffice for issuance of Visa.

Suppose i am not able to submit before the 30days elapse, Can i ask LVO for extra time to submit my Passport?

Has anyone experience this? SENIORS please help me!!!.I don't want to miss my Permanent Resident Visa to canada.

SENIORS your advice is highly needed. Please! Please!! Please!!!

Thank you

NKON

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
NKON said:
Gmorning,

I just joined this forum and its really informative.However, I have an URGENT question.

I have received my Passport request to be submitted within 30days for Marple leaf.But the challenge is that my Passport is with the Homeoffice for issuance of Visa.

Suppose i am not able to submit before the 30days elapse, Can i ask LVO for extra time to submit my Passport?

Has anyone experience this? SENIORS please help me!!!.I don't want to miss my Permanent Resident Visa to canada.

SENIORS your advice is highly needed. Please! Please!! Please!!!

Thank you

NKON
This should have been on the London thread, but I suppose blood is thicker than water... :p. This is what you can do:
1. Write to LVO explaining the situation and that if they can extend the time for PP submission.
2. Write to the Home Office and tell them, you urgently need your passport, that you need to travel or something (you are not obliged to divulge your PR info).

That said, If I was in your shoes, I will ask the Home Office to return my passport as I urgently need to travel. They will normally respond within 2 weeks or so (I believe you have an acknowledgment letter from them with reference number, which you can quote). The dilemma is HO can tell you if they have to return your passport before a decision is made, then your application will be considered as withdrawn. If that becomes the case, it is weighing which visa is the most important :(

I will treat the PR as a priority......
You are so close to victory and all the best!

*Mandie*

NKON

May 23, 2012
mandiebraxton said:
This should have been on the London thread, but I suppose blood is thicker than water... :p. This is what you can do:
1. Write to LVO explaining the situation and that if they can extend the time for PP submission.
2. Write to the Home Office and tell them, you urgently need your passport, that you need to travel or something (you are not obliged to divulge your PR info).

That said, If I was in your shoes, I will ask the Home Office to return my passport as I urgently need to travel. They will normally respond within 2 weeks or so (I believe you have an acknowledgment letter from them with reference number, which you can quote). The dilemma is HO can tell you if they have to return your passport before a decision is made, then your application will be considered as withdrawn. If that becomes the case, it is weighing which visa is the most important :(

I will treat the PR as a priority......
You are so close to victory and all the best!

Thank you Mandie, But I'm suppose to be getting my indefinte leave visa as i and my family has being here for 10yrs by October,2012

*Mandie*

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Nkon,
The best thing is to write to both LVO and HO, like I indicated in my earlier post....

I guess you cant 'throw away ILR just like that.....just push the HO to return your passport, they might expedite interview for you (if your case requires one) and make a decision quickly.

Just tell LVO you are awaiting your passport from the HO and that you will send it to them as soon as you receive it...

*Mandie*

NKON

May 23, 2012
Thank you Mandie for your wise advice.

Just wondering if you have heard of anyone that has ask for extra time to submit Passport or mine is just Perculiar?

Thank you

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
NKON said:

Just wondering if you have heard of anyone that has ask for extra time to submit Passport or mine is just Perculiar?

Thank you
Do you want to maintain two Permanent Residency? Am just thinking aloud o.........You don't want to loose UK indefinate yet you want Canadian PR....

Mandie has advised you the way forward just as you presented the case only to be talking of 10yrs in UK.....I think you should have factored that into you plans when completing your application for Canadian PR GBAM :eek: ;D :eek: ;D

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
FROM A BLOG.....................PLS ENJOY IT.

Hi friends!
Thanks for your love .
In the first place, I want to make myself clear I didn’t wrote my previous post to scare or frighten anyone. My dear friends you are taking me the wrong way………….. I am not saying that don’t do survival jobs . In the beginning all have to do it but don’t continue that for years. After you got settle down here try to go back to your professions. I have seen people continuing their survival jobs for 4-5 years . Even if you are in regulated profession try to get your license and continue with it. It takes so much of time and hard work to be successful in any profession . Why to waste all that ?
This post is for my friends who have gone back to their countries or are so dishearten that planning to do so. I always share my experience and never compel anyone to do what I say……..
I can never forget how many hurdles we had to clear to get PR stamps on our passports. The moment I stepped out the airport, the cold wind rushed past me . Truly speaking at that time I loved it and accept this country as my second home . I promised to myself no matter how much struggle is written in my destiny , I will never go back as a loser. I strongly believe in the quote “Quitters are never winners” . This country has lot for everyone but it needs perseverance and patience.
Some of the immigrants got so dishearten that they had gone back to their home countries . “Don’t Go back “. Everything will be fine when you have job, car and all luxuries of life. Sooner or later you will love this country. Average time for tough time is 2-3 years. There are so many things I love about Canada :
1. Traffic sense – I went to Toronto downtown the very second day I landed here. There was a special crosswalk to cross the road for pedestrians and suddenly all cars stopped. I thanks them and moved forward . That experience was so cool.

2. Learn to say “Hello “ - If you are walking down the street and someone is approaching from the other direction, do you make eye contact and say hello? If no, then learn it . I learn it here. In my home country , people don’t like it .

3. Great variety in seasons – One of your friend or relative will definitely tell you about the famous saying in Canada that is “Don’t trust 3W’s women, weather and work.” Regarding weather its really true . We had seen sunshine, rainfall, snow-fall, storm, -2 degrees in a single day. Don’t forget to check weather forecast of the day before you leave the house. In 365 days you will see variety of seasons summers, autumn, winters, spring, and will enjoy it .

4. Value of Life – 911

5. World’s cleanest air – According to WHO Canada’s air among the world’s cleanest. And its so peaceful here.

6. Very good health care system - If the person is stuck in a situation when he needs medical assistance and he has no money even to pay for groceries don’t worry govt. will take care of him.

7. World class perinatal care and maternity benefits.

8. Multicultural country - There is incredible mix of peoples and cultures we have here and, specifically, the people of all ethnic and racial backgrounds mingle freely, peacefully and happily throughout the country. At the core of all this is the continual arrival of new immigrants from all parts of the world and the cultural diversity and fine cuisine, among other things, that they bring with them.

9. Beautiful landscapes - Canada is such a vast country from east to west and north to south. Rocky mountains , beaches, forests, islands, permafrost , lakes, prairies and national parks.

10. Last but not the least Niagara falls.

There are so many things to know about Canada that makes it a beautiful place to live in . Whenever you come here, first explore the nearby places.

In short, face the struggle with smiling faces and never lose heart…………………Move forward where wonderful life is waiting for us .

GOOD LUCK

spokes

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Already landed!
Right said:
FROM A BLOG.....................PLS ENJOY IT.

Hi friends!
Thanks for your love .
In the first place, I want to make myself clear I didn't wrote my previous post to scare or frighten anyone. My dear friends you are taking me the wrong way.............. I am not saying that don't do survival jobs . In the beginning all have to do it but don't continue that for years. After you got settle down here try to go back to your professions. I have seen people continuing their survival jobs for 4-5 years . Even if you are in regulated profession try to get your license and continue with it. It takes so much of time and hard work to be successful in any profession . Why to waste all that ?
Pa(Prof)(etc)Right, this your advert is bringing the intended effect :p :p :p

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
NKON said:

Thank you
You need to set your priority right at this point. UK or Canada? in the event of 'if push comes to shove' and one is going to obstruct the other.

Please write the LVO asking for extension of the period given in the letter, citing a strong reason why your passports are not available at the moment.

Get the response on time to be able to know what your options are. If there is no response in 5 working days, then you need to make up your mind.

If ask me for what my choice will be between UK and Canada. You all know the answer, It will be Canada 10 times before UK once.

All the best

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
EMO said:
If ask me for what my choice will be between UK and Canada. You all know the answer, It will be Canada 10 times before UK once.
All the best
EMO, so many factors need be considered. What if you are fully settled with good paying job/business? You won't jump into such conclussion....Anyway, if that should be the case, I don't think you'll attempt the Canada immigration ab initio.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Right said:
EMO, so many factors need be considered. What if you are fully settled with good paying job/business? You won't jump into such conclussion....Anyway, if that should be the case, I don't think you'll attempt the Canada immigration ab initio.
I couldnt agree with you more....I would love the best of both worlds.... :p
I would to travel to and from UK without having to worry about the visa hurdles and if worse comes to worst (hope not!) move back to UK. There is no harm in plan B, abi?
*Mandie*

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Right said:
Hey in this particular case if UK is sweet enough why the Canadian PR trouble? But if your guess is what is obtainable in this matter Our man should just leave his passport till the 30days pass and God forbid the HO disappoint. GBAM

NKON

May 23, 2012
EMO said:
You need to set your priority right at this point. UK or Canada? in the event of 'if push comes to shove' and one is going to obstruct the other.

Please write the LVO asking for extension of the period given in the letter, citing a strong reason why your passports are not available at the moment.

Get the response on time to be able to know what your options are. If there is no response in 5 working days, then you need to make up your mind.

All the best

Thank you Emo for advice. I'm grateful.

momohj25

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
Med's Request
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-08-2012
Passport Req..
25-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
LANDED..........
EMO said:

All the best
@Emo. Please can you further give us reasons you chose Canada ten times before Uk once. These might be useful to those of us struggling in making decision in this area.

Thank you.

NKON

May 23, 2012
mandiebraxton said:
I couldnt agree with you more....I would love the best of both worlds.... :p
I would to travel to and from UK without having to worry about the visa hurdles and if worse comes to worst (hope not!) move back to UK. There is no harm in plan B, abi?
*Mandie*

Mandie Thank you. That's where the big decision lies...

Two of my Children born in UK. The first one is going to be 7yrs by August and that entitles them everyone of us ILR.

This is indeed a big decision for me. I Pray for divine direction.