+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir K said:
How easy is it to obtain Travelers cheque?, GT said they dont issue any longer! Go to Standard Chartered Bank or Citi Bank or Travelex (there rate is sometimes high). But bear in mind that you won't be given more than $4000 for PTA. Personally I think carrying your dough in raw form is better so long as you don't place a billboard on your forehead.

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
You should be able to carry USD20K with you but pls dont put in the check in luggage. Carry in your handluggage and just be vigilant.

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
mot said:
You should be able to carry USD20K with you but pls dont put in the check in luggage. Carry in your handluggage and just be vigilant.

MOT, Good info, Can my wife carry USD20k as well making 40K for the family of 6, I have a big one isnt it.

canloverdream

Jun 21, 2010
where to get letter from lagos for G2 ontario license

Pls could someone tell me where i could get supporting letter for my nigerian driving license. my husband had gone to road safety in lagos and was told that no such letter is isssued to anyone for canada. we wanted to apply for the G2 license upon arrival in canada. Where do people go to get these letters.

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
i am asking all these because my brother who just left in december with his family,3 children and wife got to the airport in Toronto and was asked how much he had on him and he replied that he had just$9k cash on him.he said they are not that strict as long as you don't carry more than 10k,he was told to move on,he said the money is landing fee,that you could choose to return ,that it's not relocation fees.i just need clarity on how i can carry the cash,cos i don't want any stress from our banks here and so that is why i am thinking my wife should carry like 3k and me like 9k

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Badmus,

I believe your wife and yrself should be able to carry that much but why do you want to do that. I'm just curious cos of anti money laundering issues i.e they may be asking you to give evidence of how you came about the money and may just unsettle you. I'm sure I wont want that. Otherwise, why not carry just the right amount and wire the rest after you've opened an account in canada. the other option is you might want to lie about how much you're carrying when asked at the airport, and honestly, that's not the way to go.
cheers.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: where to get letter from lagos for G2 ontario license

canloverdream said:
Pls could someone tell me where i could get supporting letter for my nigerian driving license. my husband had gone to road safety in lagos and was told that no such letter is isssued to anyone for canada. we wanted to apply for the G2 license upon arrival in canada. Where do people go to get these letters. You need to go to Abuja their headquarters for the letter or read the attached link. http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/images/DriversLicence/Master_GDL_updates_2010MAR31_Web_Document.pdf

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamteam said:
i am asking all these because my brother who just left in december with his family,3 children and wife got to the airport in Toronto and was asked how much he had on him and he replied that he had just$9k cash on him.he said they are not that strict as long as you don't carry more than 10k,he was told to move on,he said the money is landing fee,that you could choose to return ,that it's not relocation fees.i just need clarity on how i can carry the cash,cos i don't want any stress from our banks here and so that is why i am thinking my wife should carry like 3k and me like 9k You can carry any amount you like so long as you declare the amount once it is over $10,000. Don't stress yourself bro. It is well with you.

goldenapple

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-04-2010, Doc Submitted:09-08-2010
AOR Received.
RBVO:05-10-2010,In-Process: 06-12-2011,Started Processing: 31-01-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Full Docs (Overall Band: 8.5)
File Transfer...
21-04-2010
Med's Request
29-03-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
07-SEPT-2012
barsindoo said:
Go to Standard Chartered Bank or Citi Bank or Travelex (there rate is sometimes high). But bear in mind that you won't be given more than $4000 for PTA. Personally I think carrying your dough in raw form is better so long as you don't place a billboard on your forehead.
Barsindoo - You are a very funny person. I enjoy your invaluable posts and this one, you made me laugh heartily...

Thanks!

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldenapple said:
Barsindoo - You are a very funny person. I enjoy your invaluable posts and this one, you made me laugh heartily...

Thanks! Peace be unto you bro. 8)

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Barsindoo man,,

Where art thou?

Regard

Ig

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
My people,
please do we need to notorise all annotated pages, all stamped pages and all visa pages of the passport or we need to notorise only the information pages

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
canloverdream,i made same inquiries at a VIO office in Lagos and fortunately,the officer too had a sister in the us who did a similar,he said,it is only the police that can give such.
mot please would like to know if i tell them i would the rest from 9ja,they would not think i am lying,cos really it's not worth lying for!thanks