+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Along with Full Documents
Med's Request
12-08-2011, then 16-09-2011 (after adding our new baby)
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
By God's Grace on Sunday 29th April 2012
No I have not landed, just trying to get ahead of time so as to start work immediately i land. U know it takes a couple of months to get registered.

I applied first to Alberta (cos it was easier than BC, BC been my place to land). Then after getting the license for Alberta I gave BC the info that I was already registered in another province and that sealed it.

Every province has its board of Nursing both for LPN and RN.

Alberta LPN: College of license practical Nurse of Alberta(CLBNA). If you r in Nig u click the international educated nurses link and go from there. If u r in USA, u click on registered in another province or USA.
Alberta RN: College and association of registered nurses of Alberta.
BC LPN: College of license practical Nurse Bc.
BC RN: College of registered Nurses of BC.

Then for jobs in BC check out the Health Match BC for a lot of valuable info and all the important info u might need. I only have that of BC since I intend to Land there.

For all other province u just need to type in college of license practical Nurse and put the province name behind it for LPN and college of Registered Nurse and put the province name for RN.
I hope this helps.
Ahoy, thanks for the info. Please, few more questions

1.) How long did it take to register with Alberta?
2.) What documents did they ask for?
3.) How much was the fee?
4.) Did they require IELTS?

Regards,

ahoy

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th of may 2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th of june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
18th july 2011 , Aug 18 2011 additional docs request, oct 8th status update and dec 20 2011 additinal doc request
mandiebraxton said:
Thanks Ahoy for giving him such info. I think one can better understand when searches the internet for more info and concentrate on specific profession/province of interest. BTW, any news from Accra? Looks like we are stuck at RBVO!
Mandie
Hi Mandie, no news from Accra yet. I wish they speed things up more. Hoping for the best.

ahoy

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th of may 2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th of june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
18th july 2011 , Aug 18 2011 additional docs request, oct 8th status update and dec 20 2011 additinal doc request
OOW4CHRIST said:
Ahoy, thanks for the info. Please, few more questions

1.) How long did it take to register with Alberta?
2.) What documents did they ask for?
3.) How much was the fee?
4.) Did they require IELTS?

Regards,
1. 1 month.
2. I filled the application and sent it to d nursing board in Alberta, then sent d form to my licensing body which was signed and sent back to d nursing board in alberta.
3. I think it was $350
4.no
you must have at least 500 working hrs. check out their website for the current info and it all depends on where u were educated. better still call them ( 780.484.8886). email: info @ clpna.com
For international educated nurses not in the USA or Canada u can contact
Colleen Turkington
Administrative Assistant, Registration
(Internationally Educated Nurses)
Email: cturkington (at) clpna.com

For USA or Canada Ursula Rios
(Out of Province)
Email: urios (at) clpna.com

ALL THESE FOR ALBERTA LPN

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Biolah,you would have to PM your email addr to me.@Tayotom,congratulation all may the lord give you divine direction.Amen. Ig

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
1. 1 month.
2. I filled the application and sent it to d nursing board in Alberta, then sent d form to my licensing body which was signed and sent back to d nursing board in alberta.
3. I think it was $350
4.no
you must have at least 500 working hrs. check out their website for the current info and it all depends on where u were educated. better still call them ( 780.484.8886). email: info @ clpna.com
For international educated nurses not in the USA or Canada u can contact
Colleen Turkington
(Internationally Educated Nurses)
Email: cturkington (at) clpna.com

For USA or Canada Ursula Rios
(Out of Province)
Email: urios (at) clpna.com

ALL THESE FOR ALBERTA LPN
Ahoy, thank you for your quick response. I have sent mail to cturkington@clpna.com for necessay info. Where on their site can I find the Application Form? Thank you.

ahoy

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th of may 2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th of june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
OOW4CHRIST said:
Ahoy, thank you for your quick response. I have sent mail to cturkington @ clpna.com for necessay info. Where on their site can I find the Application Form? Thank you.
R u a registered nurse in nig? If so, u have to make them understand that u r a RN with xyr(s) of experience. If u dont let them know, u might be subjected to the long process of doing a refresher course expecially they knowing u r not US or Canada educated. Try to emphasize on your EXPERIENCE YRS and RN. Try as much as possible to sell urself( ie education wise), to avoid doing the LPN exam.
See this link http://www.clpna.com/Applicants/InternationallyEducatedNurses/tabid/75/Default.aspx.
If after everything u r not given the license then it would be better to apply to the RN nursing board. Remember d purpose of the LPN is just to have Canadian exp and income while waiting to do the RN exam ( which everyone must do). Good luck.

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
igbehinadara said:
Biolah,you would have to PM your email addr to me. @ Tayotom,congratulation all may the lord give you divine direction.Amen. Ig
@Ig

Thank for your prompt reply.I ve PM my addr. to your box.Thanks

Biolah

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
@OOW4CHRIST,thanks for this wonderful and important info you are sharing with our Nursing brothers and Sisters.It is the spirit of oneness and together also covering each other backside.Thanks and God bless.Ig

ahoy

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th of may 2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th of june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
OOW4CHRIST said:
Ahoy, thank you for your quick response. I have sent mail to cturkington @ clpna.com for necessay info. Where on their site can I find the Application Form? Thank you.
Suggestion since youve gotten ur PR. y dont u contact the RN board first and see what they want you to do like maybe permit and then exam consent OR to go for a course or something. Once again the LPN route is just to buy time while preparing for the RN exam.

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
R u a registered nurse in nig? If so, u have to make them understand that u r a RN with xyr(s) of experience. If u dont let them know, u might be subjected to the long process of doing a refresher course expecially they knowing u r not US or Canada educated. Try to emphasize on your EXPERIENCE YRS and RN. Try as much as possible to sell urself( ie education wise), to avoid doing the LPN exam.
See this link http://www.clpna.com/Applicants/InternationallyEducatedNurses/tabid/75/Default.aspx.
If after everything u r not given the license then it would be better to apply to the RN nursing board. Remember d purpose of the LPN is just to have Canadian exp and income while waiting to do the RN exam ( which everyone must do). Good luck.
Yes, I am RN in Nig. I will do that after receiving the e-mail earlier sent today. Regards.

Toluwanile

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
23 Feb 2010
File Transfer...
20 March 2010
Med's Request
21 Mar 2012
Med's Done....
26 April 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 July 2012
LANDED..........
sept 2012
Re: Olumuyiwa Olusegun Okunuga

@Ahoy it's so interesting to know u got registered as an LPN while still in naija. Did u write any exam? What are d basic requirement? Do u have a U.S licence? It think this is a very good integration plan.
Tolu

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
Tayotom said:
Secondly my wife won the US visa lottery and we already have the 6 months initial visa due in June 2012, although i still prefer migration to canada, going to the US will definitely affect my savings should canada request for my bank statement again. Meanwhile, a friend told me there is a treaty between Canada and the US that allows citizens of both countries to work across borders. Anyone privy to such experience. Your inputs will be highly appreciated
Congrats Tayotom on the US visa lottery won.

From my own little knowledge of the relationship between US and Canada, a US citizen does not need Visa to visit Canada. Same applies to Canadian citizens but with exceptions for residents......

For details have a look at this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp and also read this: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1192/~/entering-the-u.s.---canadian-citizens%2Fresidents%2Flanded-immigrants

Pray God guides you in making the "right and best choice" with respect to your immigration plans.

Cheers!

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My people,

It's been quite a while since i have been off the forum to attend to some issues. I congratulate those that have gotten their maple leaves and those in the process of getting theirs.

Things are looking up IJN and we hope to have more people on this side (The more we are, the merrier)

Wishing you all merry Xmas and fulfillment of God's purpose in our lives the remaining days of this year and years ahead.

Babe Ig thanks for the good work we are feeling you here.

Oloye

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
All thanks to almighty God.Good to have you back,you have been greatly missed.Ig

E

ezinne

pls no body seems to understand my post on prove off funds can i have ur number bright emo .ig pa right pls so i can call u on this cos time is running out i couldnt come to the meeting cos of condition beyound my control pls help