+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naija Pikin said:
Pa Awoderu, if the colour na white with maple leaf, then forget am, the phone don reach Toronto. But bros you dey ambitious o!, ''just now'', ''just now'', wey u go Ghana, na im you go buy white BB with maple leaf, wetin you go buy when you get the PR.
Abeg, on this Okada business we fit really start am o, and instead of power bike, we fit use power keke napep, una dey call am keke marwa for lag. We fit go build am for China, please think about this.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend, I will soon be off to a wedding.
buddy did you phone jason kenny, if yes answer in my thread on main forum, thanks :) :)

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
thejackson said:
Ladies and Gentlemen
Let us get down to the business that brought us here. I think the jokes and comedy should be suspended
I mailed my doc to Accra on Nov 22 and was received on Nov 24 . My NOC is 4131. I am yet to receive my 2nd AOR though my ecase
is showing --- INPROCESS

Anty TINU how are you.Have you received medicals. I chatted with ANTY IG Yesterday and we had a fruitful discussion.
I do hope my beloved brother SEGLAD is gathering doc, books, clothes to fly with KLM via Amsterdam to Toronto
Seglad, I wish you the very best

Back to business--My fixed bank certificate for proof of fund expire on Feb 13. I will renew it for another 3 months. Do I need to send the new certificate to Accra or wait till I am ask for another proof of fund?
My brother, That your in process could be part of the error on Ecas that happened about two weeks ago i dont think its correct but if it is then it would be a pleasant surprise. My documents were received on 14th September and its still showing RBVO and not yet In Process so medical would most likely be after it gets to in process.

As for your proof of fund, i would advise you stay action pending when you hear from Acrra. You can also give your bank authority to automatically renew the placement as suggested by Naija Pikin so you can update accra accordingly when they request for update.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
vikolo said:
Good member sof this forum!
When an application is reading ''in process'' what does this mean?
If you click on the in process it would tell you some story about your application. At this point i believe they would further look at all the documents you submitted and also conduct a background check. If they need to make any call to your referees i believe this is when the call will be made but i hear they only call if they have doubt. They can also invite for interview at this change and general security check on the applicant.

Visa offices differ if it were NDelhi you will be expecting medical within a month of in process with Accra maybe in April but lets hope for a faster process.

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Guys .... When your e-Cas shows 'in process' does it mean u have gotten the 67points or ur points will be calculated at this stage?

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kcsider said:
Guys .... When your e-Cas shows 'in process' does it mean u have gotten the 67points or ur points will be calculated at this stage? You have 67 or over once you go into in-process.

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
Hi guys,

It is specified on CIC website that a money order be enclosed to send to the CID Alagbon for police clearance:

i.) how much should this money order be and should it be in canadian or US funds if courier is sent from abroad.
ii.) if relative in lagos helps, does this money order still need to be made?
iii.) "a copy of their passport" - does this mean photocopy of the whole passport or just the data and renewal pages?
iv.) will alagbon work with old passport or only e-passport?

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
Fellow Naijas, and for those of us with young children(infants and toddlers), how are we going to cope in Canada?. Have you guys bothered to find out about this?, school run combined with your work/school. learn't these young children cannot be left at home except if someone 18 yrs and above is with them. Live in Caregivers/nannies, must be paid a minimum wage of $1,300(N201,000) per month, daycare centres $800+(N124,000+). What are our options, anyone with any info/ideas?

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naija Pikin said:
Fellow Naijas, and for those of us with young children(infants and toddlers), how are we going to cope in Canada?. Have you guys bothered to find out about this?, school run combined with your work/school. learn't these young children cannot be left at home except if someone 18 yrs and above is with them. Live in Caregivers/nannies, must be paid a minimum wage of $1,300(N201,000) per month, daycare centres $800+(N124,000+). What are our options, anyone with any info/ideas?
This is not new,there is always a way to every situation. Lets cross the bridge first. The situation will adjust itself.

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
seglad said:
This is not new,there is always a way to every situation. Lets cross the bridge first. The situation will adjust itself.
Sometimes it is good to know more about the bridge before you cross it, it won't do any harm, would it?.
You need to learn from other peoples' experience, that way you would be better prepared.

J. B. Matthews
Unless a man has trained himself for his chance, the chance will only make him look ridiculous.

Abraham Lincoln
If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend the first hour sharpening the ax.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naija Pikin said:
Sometimes it is good to know more about the bridge before you cross it, it won't do any harm, would it?.
You need to learn from other peoples' experience, that way you would be better prepared.

J. B. Matthews
Unless a man has trained himself for his chance, the chance will only make him look ridiculous.

Abraham Lincoln
If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend the first hour sharpening the ax.
Beautiful quotes Naija Pikin. I can't but agree with you. Plans must be wholistic whether application is just about to be submitted or visa has been issued. The clearer one sees the better the experience.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
One of the couple(Husband or Wife) would have to minimize the number of hours of work daily so has to meet up with the kids when they return from school.

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Naija pikin, Awoderu, Seglad etal

No need to worry. There is child benefit allowance. I am aware that some provinces paid child benefit or child tax free allowance. This will enable us take care of our children. I have three children .
I

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
thejackson said:
Naija pikin, Awoderu, Seglad etal

No need to worry. There is child benefit allowance. I am aware that some provinces paid child benefit or child tax free allowance. This will enable us take care of our children. I have three children .
I
Bros na $100 per child, per month.

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
Hi People,
I saw this on another forum and I think it explains the changes people have noticed in ecas
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inprocess-means-points-have-been-calculated-t63631.15.html

I had to copy the post concerned and paste here

Well actually "In Process" had a different meaning for all the various processing methods (MI's):

1. For Pre 28 Feb. 2008 applicants, under simplified application process, In-Process was immediately after submitting your application, although nothing was done on it except that an acknowledgment was sent to the applicant. The e-cas had minimalistic information on what was happening on your application.

2. For post 28 Feb 2008 to 26 June 2010 applicants, E-cas coming into 'In-Process" meant clearing minimum eligibility, however some Visa Office don't do this on the E-cas & keep it in the RBVO stage upto medicals request stage (This ambiguity is strange as Visa Offices world over have a different interpretation to this status). What Qorax is saying is also the same, the 1st BFD after submission is for assessing the minimum eligibility only. Thereafter the VO may issue a request for additional documents & then do the selection factors assessment on the 2nd BFD. Medicals are issued thereafter. So there should be a significant time period between the 1st & 2nd BFD & that is when the e-cas should show 'In-Process'.

3. For post 26 June applicants, after CIO does the minimum eligibility & even assess the application for all documents & allocate the points in CAIPS, they do not make a selection decision, but transfer it to the Visa Office for re-assessing the application for selection factors as the Visa Office would have a better understanding of the local aspects. This stage for these applicants is 'In-Process'.

vikolo

Star Member
May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2010
Doc's Request.
10/06/2010; Addtnl doc request 1st December 2011, submited and acknowledged by accra in January 2012
AOR Received.
10/06/2010- 1st AOR received
IELTS Request
Done and submitted with Docs to Accra- September 2010
File Transfer...
File transfer 15/06/10: 2nd AOR recd 26/10/2010- Ecas status: IN PROCESS since Dec 2010
Med's Request
2nd May, 2012
Med's Done....
7th May, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16th July, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23rd JULY, 2012
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 2012 by GOD'S GRACE
Hi People,
This was my post in another forum- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inprocess-means-points-have-been-calculated-t63631.0.html

Please read and let me know what you think. I know some seniors already know about this but it maybe beneficial for those that are new on the forum.

Hi Yukon,
Thanks for your posts and I think they are valid conclusions. What I gather from all these is that it appears that ecas status change is a function of which group you belong. Pre 2008 or post 2008 but before june 2010 and post June 2010.
The last instructions issued in June is aimed at ensuring that applications moves very fast (The documents that are required to be sent to Nova scotia proves this). They also want you to provide your test results which is not same at the early stage of pevious groups. So I believe everything is in other. Some of the job that is done at the visa office is now done at CIC prior to sending to Visa office. OP6 explains all these and I suggest all applicants should go read it very well.
I will also advise that you do your point clculations yourself and see where you fall. Look at the NOC you indicated on your form and ask yourself if the documents you provided proves beyond reasonable doubt the experience you claim. For language, if you take IELTS, it makes assessment easier for both you and the visa officer-Just check your scores against the table to see points you will get. Look at the checklist of documents each visa office requires and confirm if you did submit all the documents requested if yes then do a honest self assessment using this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/Education.asp

For me after reading OP 6 i went back to do a fair assessment of my application based on the documents I provided and I arrived at 67. Though I have more than 7 years of work experience and submitted docs to confirm these but I indicated 2 NOC's in my form and those started from 2006- I assumed that they will calculate my experience as at the day my application was submitted so I awarded myself marks for ''3 years but less than 4 years''. If my experience is looked at as at when visa office does their review then it will be more than 4 years but to be on the safe side I chose the one that has the lowest score and I got 67.-The fact here is that Visa office will only access you on the NOC you indicated on your form.

In all I now understand that this process is simple and everything is based on documents submitted. So as long as your docs are genuine all will be fine.

Thanks

Comments are welcomed and just to add that my status still shows ''in process''