+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malican said:
In my case I have not graduated from Canadian post secondary qualification nor obtained an lmia. My both degrees (foreign) are however equivalent to Canadian degrees (evaluation done) and I am FSW Outland. These changes should not then affect me - correct?
Correct, they wouldn't affect you.

Cheers ;)

clmusic

Apr 28, 2015
kalpan said:
Is your work permit contains employer name? If so, u will get 50 points in new system.
I don't understand. You just need to have a WP containing employer name (mine does) to get 50 points? I think it is only for positive LMIA/NAFTA/ICT ... ?
Someone please clarify this for me. Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clmusic said:
I don't understand. You just need to have a WP containing employer name (mine does) to get 50 points? I think it is only for positive LMIA/NAFTA/ICT ... ?
The bold part is correct.

Cheers ;)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
clmusic said:
A work permit with the employer name and for NAFTA, ICT etc (not lmia) 1 year of experience for the 50 points.

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Currently working under IEC skill 0 work permit. Employer is named on it. Wuestion is if it falls under international agreements category and I will get 50pts?

sunghyun

Apr 20, 2016
Alexios07 said:
  • Brace yourself! the new system is here to stay:

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2016/2016-11-12/html/notice-avis-eng.php#na1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canadian educational credentials

The points that are to be assigned for a Canadian educational credential are the following:
    • 0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential;
    • 15 points, if the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program;
    • 30 points, if the foreign national has either:

+an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,

+an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or

+an eligible credential from a university-level program at the doctoral level.

New information we have gathered so far

• 30 more days for ITA submission -> We know have 90 days or 3 months to submit our application
  • We can see our rankings in the pool
  • LMIA: No more 600 points. You only get 200 points if the NOC of your job starts with 00 (LIST here). 50 pts for the rest.
    • PNP is now the only way to get full 600 points

Question: How do you know 200 points is the maximum for LMIA? the source doesn't say anything about the removal of 600 points

Answers: Because by successfully getting an LMIA approved, your job is recognized a valid job offer, and with valid job offer, you get 600 points in the old system

Now the new system clearly states that, qualifying offer or valid job offer aka LMIA can only get either 200 points or 50 points only

Skills Transferability changes

1. Level of foreign education & Language

a. 13 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
    b. 25 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.
    c. 25 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
    d. 50 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.

2. Level of foreign education & Canadian work experience

a. 13 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & 1 year of CWE.
    b. 25 points for post secondary credential (1 year or more) & 2 or more years of CWE.
    c. 25 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & 1 year of CWE.
    d. 50 points for 2 or more degrees/Masters/PhD & 2 or more years of CWE.

3. Level of language & Foreign work experience

a. 13 points for 1/2 years of FWE & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
    b. 25 points for 1/2 years of FWE & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.
    c. 25 points for at least 3 years of FWE & CLB 7 or higher in all areas with one or more areas below CLB 9.
    d. 50 points for at least 3 years of FWE & CLB 9 or higher in all areas.

Maximum possible points on Skills Transferability remains 100 (max of 50 in each section).

As of now, the CRS calculator hasn't been updated yet:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Check the Date Modified at the end of the page

Hi,

I heard that new immigration (Express Entry) rule is coming soon.
Do you know when about this new rule will be applied?
Because my freind got her LMIA last month (only valid until December) and only need IELTS exam to go on pool.
She still hope LMIA points 600 points until end of December. (Not new rule, 50 points)

Please give me your opinion.

clmusic

Apr 28, 2015
sunghyun said:
Hi,

Because my freind got her LMIA last month (only valid until December) and only need IELTS exam to go on pool.
She still hope LMIA points 600 points until end of December. (Not new rule, 50 points)

It is on the title of this thread: November 19.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunghyun said:
Hi,

Nov 19th.

IMO she will get 50 points.

Cheers ;)

sunghyun

Apr 20, 2016
clmusic said:
It is on the title of this thread: November 19.

But some of immigration office where helping her immigration said that the new rule is ANNOUNCED on November 19th, not apply new rule on November 19th.
Do you think definitely will be applied the new rule on November 19th?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunghyun said:
But some of immigration office where helping her immigration said that the new rule is ANNOUNCED on November 19th, not apply new rule on November 19th.
Do you think definitely will be applied the new rule on November 19th?

15 These Instructions come into force on November 19, 2016.

Hope this helps.

sunghyun

Apr 20, 2016
DelPiero07 said:

15 These Instructions come into force on November 19, 2016.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much.
Then, I have one more question.
Since the new rule is applied on November 19th and LMIA points decreased very much, does the cut off points that have PR invitation also getting lower?
If it does, how much do you expecting the cut off line?

Because she had 817 points when the old rule applied, but after the LMIA points decreased, it will be 267.
I guess this point is hard to get the PR invitation?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunghyun said:
Thank you very much.
Then, I have one more question.
Since the new rule is applied on November 19th and LMIA points decreased very much, does the cut off points that have PR invitation also getting lower?
If it does, how much do you expecting the cut off line?

Because she had 817 points when the old rule applied, but after the LMIA points decreased, it will be 267.
I guess this point is hard to get the PR invitation?
We don't know what will happen with the cutoff, international students received more points so we'll have to wait and see.

Your friend has to do her IELTS and get her educational credentials assessed (if she hasn't done so). If she's below 400 it is unlikely she will ever receive an invitation.

Cheers ;)

clmusic

Apr 28, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
We don't know what will happen with the cutoff, international students received more points so we'll have to wait and see.

Your friend has to do her IELTS and get her educational credentials assessed (if she hasn't done so). If she's below 400 it is unlikely she will ever receive an invitation.

Cheers ;)
When you create your EE profile, do you need ECA or you only need to submit it after receiving an ITA. Please forgive me if this question was asked before. Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clmusic said:
When you create your EE profile, do you need ECA or you only need to submit it after receiving an ITA. Please forgive me if this question was asked before. Thanks.
You need the ECA before the ITA, otherwise her profile will be deemed ineligible.

IETLS and ECA are the first two steps in creating an EE profile.

Cheers ;)