+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Elrud said:
Assuming presently 47% had LMIA as you pointed out, will scores drop below 450 in December as majority will be in the 350 max score with LMIA now as many had 300 or below CRS human core score?

Hope there's no draw on Wednesday.
I believe they will almost certainly drop and so does CIC ("significant downward pressure"). The whole purpose of these reforms is to bring the cut-offs down.

How big of a drop it'll be remains to be seen.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sandra02 said:
The CLB 5 is fair for that people, it is pretty enough.That is the reality. And with CLB 5 you can get citizenship in Canada, only express entry needs clb7-9 to get PR. After PR CLB 5 is enough for citizenship exam and to pass that.
You can't now get citizenship in Canada without going through express entry which requires CLB 7 for the primary applicant.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
You can't now get citizenship in Canada without going through express entry which requires CLB 7 for the primary applicant.
That's weird though. For PR in Express Entry they require minimum level of CLB 7 but it is less for Citizenship (CLB 5 I think) and you can also get exempted for Citizenship if you prove that your education was in one of the official languages. Why are they so lenient for Citizenship and harsh for PR? That makes no sense.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
kryt0n said:
Actually, that's not true.

There's family reunification (parents, children and soon siblings??).

There's spousal sponsorship.

There's refugees.

I believe the first two are FAR bigger programs than Express Entry.

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnjkjk said:
LMIA could be for FSW or CEC. Cooks and food service supervisors, were not in the top 20 NOCs invited under FSW- the NOCs are genuinely highly skilled professionals. They did however make up around a quarter of CEC applications (Jan-June 2016).

Scrapping LMIA is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
a) What about all the other useful professions that benefitted from LMIA before this e.g. University professors and lecturers, scientists etc who may end up with fewer points than a freshly qualified Canadian diploma holder because of age. Nobel prize winning professor? Sorry we want a barely educated chap with questionable language skills, just because he invested in a miscelaneous short diploma course. LMIA serves an important purpose.

This could have been resolved by restricting LMIA to highly skilled NOCs.

It is well known that a majority of PR candidates are unemployed or under-employed. LMIA means taxes being paid and if LMIA was restricted to highly skilled professionals, it would upskill the country.

This is a bad move and the economy will suffer as a result.
There are probably other factors at play which would be the logic behind why they didn't extend LMIA to further occupations (such as all NOC A). I'd imagine that a lot of applicants work in a NOC A profession and could get an LMIA if they tried, which would disadvantage international students as they were given "only" an extra 15-30 points. If someone with a poor level of English and limited education who has experience in a NOC A job in their home country and CRS score of 300 could jump ahead of the typical 3/4 year university graduate then that'd defeat the point of giving international students the extra points.

Your hypothetical professor is a good example of someone who is disadvantaged in this new system, but don't forget that there are other means by which someone can gain PR aside from the LMIA which is a process which can be abused by employers. The hypothetical Nobel prize winning professor would undoubtedly be eligible for PNP in many provinces, for example, which would be a good way for him/her to get around the issue of needing an LMIA to make up for low CRS points.

On top of that, a professor in their 40's with LMIA would get a CRS in the low 400's - may well be enough to get them an ITA in a few months from now with the possibility of "significant downward pressure" on CRS scores. Time will tell. Totally eliminates their need for LMIA or PNP.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ashu1710 said:
Actually, that's not true.

There's family reunification (parents, children and soon siblings??).

There's spousal sponsorship.

There's refugees.
Ok, through skilled work, which is what we were discussing.

clmusic

Apr 28, 2015
ashu1710 said:
"What about all the other useful professions that benefitted from LMIA before this e.g. University professors and lecturers, scientists etc who may end up with fewer points than a freshly qualified Canadian diploma holder because of age."

Professors, scientists, engineers etc. should, based on their degrees, experience and high language scores, have 450+ points. The 50 points for LMIA would help them just enough to get an ITA. For instance, I recently got an LMIA for a research position in Canada and have 450 points. The 50 additional points should be enough for me to get an ITA as an FSW in the next 2-3 draws. A cook\restaurant manager with 250-350 points won't get much use out of an LMIA now and, as a consequence, won't jump ahead of thousands of more "beneficial" candidates. To me, deceasing LMIA points makes perfect sense and makes the system fairer.

47% of all ITAs issued iin 2015 were given to LMIA holders. Out of that 47%, 2/3rd were Restaurant Managers and Cooks.

"This could have been resolved by restricting LMIA to highly skilled NOCs."

This, I agree with. The 200 points should have been given to NOC level A occupations as well.
We need to wait and see what the next cut-off points are. 50 LMIA points may not compensate for point deduction due to age. I agree that 200 points should be given to other NOCs. How many NOC 00 applicants, I wonder? foreigners with NOC 00 jobs may be very few.

seLVA0904

Nov 13, 2016
Hello Everyone,

New update states that:

The points that are to be assigned for a Canadian educational credential are the following:

0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential;
15 points, if the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program;
30 points, if the foreign national has either:

+an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,

+an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or

+an eligible credential from a university-level program at the doctoral level.

I would like to know if 30 points will be issued if I have 2 years of Canadian diploma and Educational Credential Assessment done for my Bachelor's degree from back home.....

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seLVA0904 said:
Hello Everyone,

New update states that:

The points that are to be assigned for a Canadian educational credential are the following:

0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential;
15 points, if the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program;

+an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or

I would like to know if 30 points will be issued if I have 2 years of Canadian diploma and Educational Credential Assessment done for my Bachelor's degree from back home.....

No no, you will get 15 points in this case.

Cheers ;)

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
seLVA0904 said:
Hello Everyone,

New update states that:

You should get 15 points. Your foreign degree ECA is irrelevant to bonus point allocation.

May 25, 2016
Hi all,

In order to improve my score I recently did the French language test (TEF) and got an extra 12 points (got 471 in total know). I read before the changes were confirmed that people with a good knowledge of English AND French will be rewarded more (because of the French) than they do now.

Does someone know if this will now be the case and what will be the changes after November 19th?

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Belgiancouple1986 said:
Hi all,

In order to improve my score I recently did the French language test (TEF) and got an extra 12 points (got 471 in total know). I read before the changes were confirmed that people with a good knowledge of English AND French will be rewarded more (because of the French) than they do now.

Does someone know if this will now be the case and what will be the changes after November 19th?

Thanks!
Nothing is official just yet, we'll just have to wait and see.

Btw, i'm taking the TEF next week, do you remember by any chance what you were asked for the writing section?

Cheers ;)

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Belgiancouple1986 said:
Hi all,

Thanks!
471 is a good score. Anything above 450 is a good score, you should get an invitation soon

upmanit

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Sorry to post a question away from discussion going on here. I am working in Canada on ICT Permit which is valid from April 2015 till March 2017. Do i get 50 points post November 19th automatically in my profile or do I have to make any change to my profile?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
upmanit said:
Sorry to post a question away from discussion going on here. I am working in Canada on ICT Permit which is valid from April 2015 till March 2017. Do i get 50 points post November 19th automatically in my profile or do I have to make any change to my profile?
If you've already worked a year there in a noc 0, A or B job, yes.