+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
The 200 points for NOC 00 can help easily to people to move from the USA. CEO-s, vice presidents who wants to move here, and who has friend, money, relationship....
Probably this new system is for them.
The immigration minister made this new rules after the USA election, after the website was crashed. And it is still not announced.
Otherwise it does not make sense it all.
;D :D

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
sandra02 said:
The 200 points for NOC 00 can help easily to people to move from the USA. CEO-s, vice presidents who wants to move here, and who has friend, money, relationship....
Probably this new system is for them.
The immigration minister made this new rules after the USA election, after the website was crashed. And it is still not announced.
Otherwise it does not make sense it all.
;D :D

+1

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
kalpan said:
If you're a C level executive in the US, why would you want to move to Canada? The US is far more pro-business.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Many countries has so much different type of education system, (eastern European for sure) 3 years trade school- for carpenter, bricklayer what does not fit to ECA. And they do not have high language skills. They need only CLB 5. Only CEC worked for them, it does not need ECA. They could get red seal exam to get trade certificate here, it could give lot of points, but that is very difficult for low language skilled persons.

I have 3 years college degree from my country, it is equal 4 years Canadian university here. :))) Just an example how WES/ECA work. :)

kryt0n said:
Skilled workers who are qualified/certified in their home countries get the equvialent certification from Canada. That gives them the same points as a academic degree. So, if the person has 3 years of experience and a certificate, then they will get 430odd points. With the lmia at 50, that's 480. More than enough for an lmia.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sandra02 said:
Many countries has so much different type of education system, (eastern European for sure) 3 years trade school- for carpenter, bricklayer what does not fit to ECA. And they do not have high language skills. They need only CLB 5. Only CEC worked for them, it does not need ECA. They could get red seal exam to get trade certificate here, it could give lot of points, but that is very difficult for low language skilled persons.

I have 3 years college degree from my country, it is equal 4 years Canadian university here. :))) Just an example how WES/ECA work. :)
Low language skill is the point here. Once they can speak English or French to CLB 7, then they are capable of reading Canadian certification tests.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Yes that is the point. But in many European countries we learn german in the school. Trade school requires only one foreign language, it is usually german.
And many skilled worker does not need high language skill for work, because they use draws, blue prints.
My employer is looking for a skilled welder, CNC workers for 3 years now, they can not find a really qualified and reliable.
kryt0n said:
Low language skill is the point here. Once they can speak English or French to CLB 7, then they are capable of reading Canadian certification tests.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sandra02 said:
Yes that is the point. But in many European countries we learn german in the school. Trade school requires only one foreign language, it is usually german.
And many skilled worker does not need high language skill for work, because they use draws, blue prints.
My employer is looking for a skilled welder, CNC workers for 3 years now, they can not find a really qualified and reliable.
But they need to speak English or French to move to Canada as they are the countries languages. If they are committed to moving, they learn one of those languages. If I wanted to move to Germany and the requirement was to learn German, I'd have to learn German.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
kryt0n said:
But they need to speak English or French to move to Canada as they are the countries languages. If they are committed to moving, they learn one of those languages. If I wanted to move to Germany and the requirement was to learn German, I'd have to learn German.
I've seen people with IELTS 4 getting LMIA... well.. it was few years ago... but i saw, not sure if policy has changed now on that... but no english is barely "how are you, me is good" was enough.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashu1710 said:
From CIC's Refocusing EE presentation:

"As of May 2016, immigrants with valid job offers (44%) or nominations (15%) have accounted for the
majority of invitations, meaning only (41%) were invited mainly on the basis of their human capital"

That means 44% (I guess 47% was a gaffe, but still pretty close lol ;D) of ITAs had LMIAs, so my figure stands. You're right about cooks being 8% (my mistake), though. However...

"About two‐thirds (66%) of candidates with offers of arranged employment claimed core scores of 300 or less, meaning a majority of job offer
candidates had core human capital scores that would place them in the bottom 7% of the distribution."

This proves the point I was trying to make (even if the stats about cooks were wrong).
Assuming presently 47% had LMIA as you pointed out, will scores drop below 450 in December as majority will be in the 350 max score with LMIA now as many had 300 or below CRS human core score?

Hope there's no draw on Wednesday.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Of course they need to speak english, but I think CLB 5 is enough for their job. And between CLB 5 and CLB 7 there is a huge gap. So it is not easy to increase their language skills from 5 to 7 to be more qualified.
The main point decreasing 600 points to 50 point will effect a lot on trade skilled workers. So I am not sure this new system will work for a long time.

kryt0n said:

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandra02 said:
Of course they need to speak english, but I think CLB 5 is enough for their job. And between CLB 5 and CLB 7 there is a huge gap. So it is not easy to increase their language skills from 5 to 7 to be more qualified.
The main point decreasing 600 points to 50 point will effect a lot on trade skilled workers. So I am not sure this new system will work for a long time.
I don't think so as IRCC has taken almost a year to analyze the situation with experts' opinion on it definitely.

These persons can still come to work in Canada but IRCC may be now want these persons to come to Canada with temporary visa (work permits) to be renewable with fast-track processing meaning high processing fee, paper works. This will be a good source of revenue for the country.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sandra02 said:
But Canada expects them to speak CLB 7 to interact with their customers/Canadians. How are they going to work or find work if they can't speak the native languages?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
LMIA does not need any language skills. My husband got a job without any english. He went to the company without hi, how are you, they hired him immediately, because he is a very qualified welder.In 3 years he got more than 20 job offer in Toronto through friend, relatives, not sending resumes anywhere. Since than he is going to ESL school almost every day from 7-9 pm, and he is paying a lot for that, because it is not free for us. He is still around CLB3-CLB4 level.
And he is able to do his job very well without good english.
So to get PR needs a good language skills but in the reality it does not need.
And yes, of course, to be a good citizen of Canada requires good english, but I am sure you know that many people who lives in this country do not spek good english and they are citizens.
So it is very confuising.
You need good language knowledge to get PR through Express Entry, but you do not need good language skills to be a citizen of Canada through any other program. That is the main point in my view.

andy108 said:
I've seen people with IELTS 4 getting LMIA... well.. it was few years ago... but i saw, not sure if policy has changed now on that... but no english is barely "how are you, me is good" was enough.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sandra02 said:
LMIA does not need any language skills. My husband got a job without any english. He went to the company without hi, how are you, they hired him immediately, because he is a very qualified welder.In 3 years he got more than 20 job offer in Toronto through friend, relatives, not sending resumes anywhere. Since than he is going to ESL school almost every day from 7-9 pm, and he is paying a lot for that, because it is not free for us. He is still around CLB3-CLB4 level.
And he is able to do his job very well without good english.
So to get PR needs a good language skills but in the reality it does not need.
And yes, of course, to be a good citizen of Canada requires good english, but I am sure you know that many people who lives in this country do not spek good english and they are citizens.
So it is very confuising.
You need good language knowledge to get PR through Express Entry, but you do not need good language skills to be a citizen of Canada through any other program. That is the main point in my view.
And that's why they reduced the points for lmia, so applicants HAVE to speak English or French.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
The CLB 5 is fair for that people, it is pretty enough.That is the reality. And with CLB 5 you can get citizenship in Canada, only express entry needs clb7-9 to get PR. After PR CLB 5 is enough for citizenship exam and to pass that.
kryt0n said:
And that's why they reduced the points for lmia, so applicants HAVE to speak English or French.