+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Skkid

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Do we need to recreate our profile after november 19th, to get the change in points reflected in our profile?

Thanks in advance

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
You need the ECA before the ITA, otherwise her profile will be deemed ineligible.

IETLS and ECA are the first two steps in creating an EE profile.

Cheers ;)
What is ECA? TIA...

clmusic

Apr 28, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
You need the ECA before the ITA, otherwise her profile will be deemed ineligible.

IETLS and ECA are the first two steps in creating an EE profile.

Cheers ;)
Thank you!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
What is ECA? TIA...
Got it...Educational Credential Assessments.

Student completed his certificates assessment by IQAS in Alberta and has been studying two years diploma program in Alberta. Does the student need to assess his certificates again for express entry?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
Got it...Educational Credential Assessments.

Student completed his certificates assessment by IQAS in Alberta and has been studying two years diploma program in Alberta. Does the student need to assess his certificates again for express entry?
Not for Canadian certificates/degrees.

Cheers ;)

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just do not understand the reason to point changes from 19th why not 16th, so everyone will have updated scores before the draw comes.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Not for Canadian certificates/degrees.

Cheers ;)
How about the Secondary School and Higher Secondary Certificates which are equivalent to High School Diploma in Canada? Those certificates were obtain outside of Canada. Certificates were assessed by IQAS for post-secondary institutions.

Two years diploma is higher than those above-mentioned certificates. If he submits two years diploma certificate for EE, will he get points for only diploma or both diploma and certificates? As two years diploma is higher than the high school diploma, those certificates do not matter anymore?? Please confirm.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
How about the Secondary School and Higher Secondary Certificates which are equivalent to High School Diploma in Canada? Those certificates were obtain outside of Canada. Certificates were assessed by IQAS for post-secondary institutions.

Two years diploma is higher than those above-mentioned certificates. If he submits two years diploma certificate for EE, will he get points for only diploma or both diploma and certificates? As two years diploma is higher than the high school diploma, those certificates do not matter anymore?? Please confirm.
1 - High school diplomas are not required to be assessed.

2 - Yes, if he submits this two year diploma he is not required to submit any high-school certificates.

Cheers and +1 me bro ;)

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
Skkid said:
Hi All,

Do we need to recreate our profile after november 19th, to get the change in points reflected in our profile?

Thanks in advance
Did you got ITA already?

SnowWhite88

Nov 13, 2016
Hello guys, I hope someone would be able to answer me here. So I'm on Post-grad work permit in Canada, graduated recently so I do not have the one year Canadian work experience yet (Still searching for a full-time job). However, I have work experience from my home country after I graduated from High school. I worked as an administrative assistant from Mid 2005- August 2008. I want to use this experience to enter the Express entry pool but I have two concerns:

1. In all my previous applications to CIC (Study permit application/renewal, TRV application/Renewal etc) I have never included this work experience in those applications where they ask work history since ten years ago (I just put student). Would it be a problem if I now use this work experience to apply for Express Entry?

2. My salary was paid in cash, so no pay stub, bank statement or you name it. How would I be able to prove this to CIC?

I would highly appreciate it if someone would provide detailed answers to my questions.

Thanks.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SnowWhite88 said:
Hello guys, I hope someone would be able to answer me here. So I'm on Post-grad work permit in Canada, graduated recently so I do not have the one year Canadian work experience yet (Still searching for a full-time job). However, I have work experience from my home country after I graduated from High school. I worked as an administrative assistant from Mid 2005- August 2008. I want to use this experience to enter the Express entry pool but I have two concerns:

1. In all my previous applications to CIC (Study permit application/renewal, TRV application/Renewal etc) I have never included this work experience in those applications where they ask work history since ten years ago (I just put student). Would it be a problem if I now use this work experience to apply for Express Entry?

2. My salary was paid in cash, so no pay stub, bank statement or you name it. How would I be able to prove this to CIC?

I would highly appreciate it if someone would provide detailed answers to my questions.

Thanks.
Just wait till you get a year of real experience - without pay stubs or other verifiable documentation, it's unlikely your past experience will get accepted.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Folks - Is it going to be a big scam to obtain the job offer? Please watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBZnXW8l1xE

from 6:50 onwards. It appears, LMIA is not going to be mandatory to obtain the job offer. If that is the case, job offer will be purchased to obtain 50 or 200 points and will be part of the scam. Isn't it?

The genuine applicants would again be at the receiving end. Thoughts???

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
1 - High school diplomas are not required to be assessed.

2 - Yes, if he submits this two year diploma he is not required to submit any high-school certificates.

Cheers and +1 me bro ;)
+1 and thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pawshi said:
Folks - Is it going to be a big scam to obtain the job offer? Please watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBZnXW8l1xE

from 6:50 onwards. It appears, LMIA is not going to be mandatory to obtain the job offer. If that is the case, job offer will be purchased to obtain 50 or 200 points and will be part of the scam. Isn't it?

The genuine applicants would again be at the receiving end. Thoughts???
She is probably referring to ICT and NAFTA visas which after one year of work experience give the points that LMIA would give.

This is nothing new.

Cheers ;)

bunny2015

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
SnowWhite88 said:

Thanks.
So far I know, Your work experiences prior to your graduation are not counted. Better if you work for a year and then apply for the immigration, or you can look for PNP programs...