+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

So at max there will be aroumd 7-8K intl students will be around in the bracket of 430-440 which will give them 460-470 thus making first few draws high scoring.
[/quote]

Yes I completely agree with you that there might be 7-8K intl students rite now. But there are many students who did not even made there profile just because they knew that their score is only 435 and they have no chance for getting ITA. All those students will now be motivated to make there profiles. I know a group of 5 students who were just waiting for the changes I think there will be many more like them. On the top of that students who were migrating out from Ontario to provinces like BC, Albert & etc so that they can apply for PNP they will also start looking into this option now . More over students who graduated in Dec 2015 will be ready to get into the pool with 468 points in Dec and the batch who graduated in DEC 2014 will soon complete 2 years in march 2017(490 points). I would think that this number 7-8K will easily be converted into at least 12-15k within couple of months.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

fatani said:
Your analysis are compelete hoax there were only 60,000 active pool members as of on 3rd jan 2016. EE year end report stated that. And only 15,000 candidates were above 400 points upto the level of 1200. Now in this year thousands have already got invitations and thousands are also coming in. So if there are 75,000 applicants active as of now. I think there will be at max 20,000 applicants in the bracket of 400-500. And around 60% of them would be FSW or CEC as they are the ones who constantly wants to increase their points either by retaking language tests or getting more work experience. Intl students needs 1-2 yr exp CLB 8 and bachelors to get them 420. And I think they already qualify for CEC by getting work experience. So at max there will be aroumd 7-8K intl students will be around in the bracket of 430-440 which will give them 460-470 thus making first few draws high scoring. As ITAs number are going up we will see this clearing up quickly. With existing getting cleared in about say 3-4 months the new lot will not come in fast because getting a bachelors degree requires time. So they will not come as fast as we were getting the people whom were getting LMIAs and guarantee ITA. In this case the scores will drop. I will not say it will go below 400 or coming down to 400. But after some draws it will certainly go below 450 down to the level of 425.
Not true,
What you are looking at is not a static Picture.
App. every 2 weeks app 1100 candidates (average draw frequency and average amount of candidates so far), will get ITA. And yet that amount of people above 450 points will replenish just within 2 weeks.
When it comes to score 400+ there is many more EE applicants sitting on this score (so 15k from static + 26x1100 from dynamic part = 40000 applicants) per year. So with 30 points more for international students we would be facing like good amount 50000 applicants per year. (and yes it can become even more as people try to max out their points).
However we had only around 30K ITA per year (so yes it will still be the upper half of 400+ candidates).

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017

CANDACEC said:
So at max there will be aroumd 7-8K intl students will be around in the bracket of 430-440 which will give them 460-470 thus making first few draws high scoring.

Yes I completely agree with you that there might be 7-8K intl students rite now. But there are many students who did not even made there profile just because they knew that their score is only 435 and they have no chance for getting ITA. All those students will now be motivated to make there profiles. I know a group of 5 students who were just waiting for the changes I think there will be many more like them. On the top of that students who were migrating out from Ontario to provinces like BC, Albert & etc so that they can apply for PNP they will also start looking into this option now . More over students who graduated in Dec 2015 will be ready to get into the pool with 468 points in Dec and the batch who graduated in DEC 2014 will soon complete 2 years in march 2017(490 points). I would think that this number 7-8K will easily be converted into at least 12-15k within couple of months.
Quite possible. That number is also just about covered by the slight increase immigration quota this year.

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015

kryt0n said:
Quite possible. That number is also just about covered by the slight increase immigration quota this year.
To be Honest I think Mr McCallum has fulfilled his promise of providing easy path way for international students for PR buy adding bonus points. And I think now the point system is very fair for all the streams.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vensak said:
Not true,
What you are looking at is not a static Picture.
App. every 2 weeks app 1100 candidates (average draw frequency and average amount of candidates so far), will get ITA. And yet that amount of people above 450 points will replenish just within 2 weeks.
When it comes to score 400+ there is many more EE applicants sitting on this score (so 15k from static + 26x1100 from dynamic part = 40000 applicants) per year. So with 30 points more for international students we would be facing like good amount 50000 applicants per year. (and yes it can become even more as people try to max out their points).
However we had only around 30K ITA per year (so yes it will still be the upper half of 400+ candidates).
One thing to bear in mind, not all people sitting the pool will get additional points.

I think Alex was right in his video and also the CIC guy, scores will drop below 400s as LMIA points have been reduced a lot, where people with 100-200 CRS score used to get 600 points.

Even though bonus points have been awarded, scores will drop.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017

CANDACEC said:
To be Honest I think Mr McCallum has fulfilled his promise of providing easy path way for international students for PR buy adding bonus points. And I think now the point system is very fair for all the streams.
Absolutely. People don't seem to want to accept that they are, at best, average applicants (myself included). People believe they deserve more because of xyz. They don't deserve anything really. People who have PhDs after years of study or who have worked and progressed at a company have EARNED their place. Right now they have made it all a more level playing field. We just have to now watch the new average score and if it drops.

Seeker16

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
Looks like new updates are

good - for Int. students in Canada
bad - for candidares with LMIA
no change - PNP winners
For the rest FSW, CEC without education in Canada - unpredictable yet... we will see

as FSW I hope that there would be fewer canadian students with current CRS 420 and above
more candidates with LMIA and CRS less than 400, and no "0" class NOC.

and finally glad to hear that they will launch this function that allow us to see ranking of candidates...
and estimimate if we have chances quite soon or not.... Cause this uncertainty is killing... at least some of us can bury idea of immigration and focus on other things

fatani

Nov 15, 2015

Elrud said:
One thing to bear in mind, not all people sitting the pool will get additional points.

I think Alex was right in his video and also the CIC guy, scores will drop below 400s as LMIA points have been reduced a lot, where people with 100-200 CRS score used to get 600 points.

Still you cry about french points and siblings points. I think now there will be no change in express entry. Because if they have to make changes they would have made it once for all. Now it can be a seperate stream for siblings in next yr or so. And I agree points will drop Alex was right.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016

Elrud said:

Even the govt. agrees ;D. From the Refocusing Express Entry presentation

A reduction in arranged employment points would likely:
• Put significant downward pressure on the invitation cut‐off score;
The whole point of reducing LMIA points was to reduce cut-off scores. They know the pool better than any of us. If they say that'll put downward pressure on cut off points, you'd better believe it. :D

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

fatani said:
Still you cry about french points and siblings points. I think now there will be no change in express entry. Because if they have to make changes they would have made it once for all. Now it can be a seperate stream for siblings in next yr or so. And I agree points will drop Alex was right.
May be for siblings but not for French as McCallum reaffirmed last week on Francophone Day that additional points will be given for French under Express Entry.

Francophone, don't lose hope. That's the excitement, to wait as it might come soon before end of fall. Even with that scores will drop as not all people in the pool has French.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
candz said:
Does this mean that its gonna be harder for persons to migrate under this new system?
No this is just tricky. They want us to go through PNP that's all. There will be no competition in PNP's and they will increase quota and make other provinces to select directly from pool. Direct ITA will be easy for CEC and FSW will go through PNp that's the major change. Which means CEC can get PR in 6 months and FSW in one year. The system is made better and the chances of getting PR remains same for both

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015

Elrud said:

I have a simple logic every year Canada accepts around 350K+ students lets suppose only 50% of them are enrolled in bachelors/masters/phds that comes to 175K. Lets assume only 80% of them complete there educations that is 140K and if 60% of them gets 1 year of Canadian experience with clb 9 then there will be 98k students with 468 points entering the poll every year. If this is the case then I really dont think the score will go down below 450 mark.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017

CANDACEC said:
I have a simple logic every year Canada accepts around 350K+ students lets suppose only 50% of them are enrolled in bachelors/masters/phds that comes to 175K. Lets assume only 80% of them complete there educations that is 140K and if 60% of them gets 1 year of Canadian experience with clb 9 then there will be 98k students with 468 points entering the poll every year. If this is the case then I really dont think the score will go down below 450 mark.
You're also assuming there that they do have high ielts scores and have some other work experience.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017

CANDACEC said:
you may be right for the first few DRAW only. the students who are already enrolled will get ITA and than scores will definitely drop