+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Lots of members in the forum and other websites says that avg score for intl student is 380. Average means that there will be majority of them. I think 75-80% intl students will be in the range of 380-400 thats why they needed 100-200 points for canadian degrees which would have been guaranteed them ITA. But now with only 30 points of increase will give them 410-430 points. And as we look at LMIAs the study shows us that after every 2 weeks 300 applicants approx. Enters the pool with LMIA. Which gives them 600 points thus guaranteed ITA. Suppose if LMIA applicants sitting on 300-350 now will get upto 400 points which will not give them ITA. so I think after clearing up intl students that were in the range of 430-440 they will come upto 460-470. We will see scores will go down. Remember also that doing bachelors for new or even existing students take them 1-2 or more years to get them bonus points. And with LMIA applicants can get points on the spot and come in the pool with 600 more points. The scores will drop after 8-10 draws with new changes.
Thanks for your analysis.
+1.

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm so stressed with all these new changes. My top points - 461. And I was hoping that I will get an ITA in a couple of months. But now only God knows how it will be...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Pat180715 said:
I'm so stressed with all these new changes. My top points - 461. And I was hoping that I will get an ITA in a couple of months. But now only God knows how it will be...
They will have taken into account these things and I suspect they won't screw over employers who have spent so much time trying to sponsor people. I imagine that the points will drop to that 400 mark as that's where a lot of semi-skilled lmia people will now sit. Hang tight!

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

fatani said:
Lots of members in the forum and other websites says that avg score for intl student is 380. Average means that there will be majority of them. I think 75-80% intl students will be in the range of 380-400 thats why they needed 100-200 points for canadian degrees which would have been guaranteed them ITA. But now with only 30 points of increase will give them 410-430 points.

International student who has graduated from a 3 years program with 1 year Canadian work exp and clb 9 would score close to 438+30 additional points = 468. About 356,574 international students are admitted to Canada every year if we assume only 10% of students satisfy the above condition. Then there would be around 35000 candidates in the pool who will have a score of 468 after 19 NOV.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
Becuase before you could only get 600 points, but those 600 points were LMIA bound.
This time you get only 50 points, but these 50 poins (200 if you are senior manager, which most of us are not), you will get either with job offer and LMIA or with job offer that is under condition NAFTA (NAFTA LMIA extempt positions) or job offer that is under conditions for Canada Interests. And Mobilite Francophone is listed as one and in case of that no LMIA is requested.
Express Entry (permanent residence) is different from mobilité francophone (temporary residence).

McCallum clearly said on Francophone Day, 1-2 weeks ago that apart the mobilité francophone, also more points will be given under Express Entry and they are working on it. He expressly said more will be more...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Elrud said:
Express Entry (permanent residence) is different from mobilité francophone (temporary residence).

McCallum clearly said on Francophone Day, 1-2 weeks ago that apart the mobilité francophone, also more points will be given under Express Entry and they are working on it. He expressly said more will be more...
I still don't quite get this.

You can speak EITHER French or English fluently, without knowing the other language, to apply to Canada. If you are skilled in the other language too, you get more points. If anything they should just give more points for having a second language.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:

You can speak EITHER French or English fluently, without knowing the other language, to apply to Canada. If you are skilled in the other language too, you get more points. If anything they should just give more points for having a second language.
More points for French under Express Entry will come soon. May be much more than students given the huge number of international graduates.

See this link for the video:

https://twitter.com/BVachet/status/793855658982576128

Enjoy!

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:

For students, who would have known as we all thought (even lawyers) that there will be another stream.

The same might happen for French and siblings with much more points under Express Entry itself, as normally what I see is that Francophone scores in the range 300s.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Elrud said:
For students, who would have known as we all thought (even lawyers) that there will be another stream.

The same might happen for French and siblings with much more points under Express Entry itself, as normally what I see is that Francophone scores in the range 300s.
But they are at 300 because they maybe don't have the education or work experience. They have jobs and universities too in Frenvh speaking countries. They have equal opportunity to increase scores.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
But they are at 300 because they maybe don't have the education or work experience. They have jobs and universities too in Frenvh speaking countries. They have equal opportunity to increase scores.
No, they have minimum bachelor but they are in 300s because they lack Canadian work experience. What I notice is that work experience in Canada increases your score a lot. Also their score in English might be little.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
No, they have minimum bachelor but they are in 300s because they lack Canadian work experience. What I notice is that work experience in Canada increases your score a lot. Also their score in English might be little.
As per my experience, a Francophone who know nothing about Canada might have more chance to get a job than someone with Canadian education or experience. That's why may be McCallum has award not that much for students.

CANDACEC

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
kryt0n said:
This all started with a letter from MR. Trudeau to Mr. McCallum requesting to make amendments in the existing CRS to provide more opportunities for applicants who have Canadian siblings. I am very shocked to see that nothing is mentioned about the applicants who have Canadian siblings. I think there is some more news to come.

pm.gc.ca/eng/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANDACEC said:
This all started with a letter from MR. Trudeau to Mr. McCallum requesting to make amendments in the existing CRS to provide more opportunities for applicants who have Canadian siblings. I am very shocked to see that nothing is mentioned about the applicants who have Canadian siblings. I think there is some more news to come.

pm.gc.ca/eng/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter
Yes, may be next week. It is by ministerial instruction anyway, so it is easy to change points criteria under Express Entry at any time.

There was a huge number of students and may be that's why they did that first.

harry4u9

Oct 15, 2016
Submitted my profile in June'16 with a score of 458 no nominations received yet.

Now my score dropped to 453 due to age.

Now these changes. I don't know where I will end up now.

Age- 90
Level of Education-119
First Official Language Proficiency-119
Spouse-First Official Language Proficiency-16
Education-50
Foreign Work Experience-50

IELTS score - CLB 7, Work Ex- more than 7 years

Can anyone guide how low will my score go due to these changes?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Elrud said:
As per my experience, a Francophone who know nothing about Canada might have more chance to get a job than someone with Canadian education or experience. That's why may be McCallum has award not that much for students.
Again, they only have bachelor's? Do French universities not offer masters or PhDs?

A person from Germany might not know anything about Canada except that he thinks he wants to move there. The German learnt French at school enough to pass ielts. They don't know English. They have a phd and 3 years of fsw... They have 420 points.