+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
intensecool said:
I understand his intentions :p

So just to confirm is there any changes in these 2 circumstances -

1. CLB9 with 3 years + of FWE get 50 points
2. CLB9 with Master's degree get 50 points.

What about CLB 9 in all with Canadian Masters and 3+ years of FWE, how many points are added according to new system, any idea about that.

Appreciate inputs.
There's technically no points changes here, they have just changed the wording so that a master's gets the top scores with language. Really, it was that was before but they only said "three years or more". You can't get a master's without a degree so it caused confusion. Now they have explicitly stated it.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Erm French speakers are the same as English speakers. If you speak a second language you already get points. People forget you don't have to speak English to get PR in Canada.

Nothing extra for siblings.

No news on fast track.

Atlantic pilot has a separate stream of 2000
French speakers got it indirectly:
When a french speaker gets job offer and then applies for visa under Mobilite Francophone (LMIA Extempt visa, because it is in Canada Interests), they can cash on this 50 points (before this was not possible).

And as for the sibling part, funny thought, but it is there. Just not the way everybody wanted
People under NAFTA agreement can get 50 points and are not forced to do LMIA. And who are most users of NAFTA agreement? .... yes the "sibling" country of Canada - so US citizens (which are figuratively as good as siblings of Canadian citizens).

This will encourage for people around 35 to go for 1 year diploma to Canada.
At that age your points no matter how you try will be around 400 - 420 (because of age penalty).
So now with new twist, you will go in and cash 30 points after and then get at least 1 year of skilled work and you will cash another 30 points. (with job offer there and being francophone even 50 on the top).
Bilance is - lost 10 points for age against getting 60 for education and 1 year work after.
And since you worked before in your country, you do not face the vicious circle of a student after graduation.
So that is nothing less than calling for people to get 1 year of some diploma in Canada.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
i guess the cutoff will go up. With 445 points, im glad i switched french to first language (now at 383), and got OINP letter.

There are lots of canadian students, and they will surely go over the 450 mark. LMIA jobs not as big, cutoff will not be very high but will not go low as well, so my thinking is that the cutoff will hover in a narrow range from now on.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
vensak said:
French speakers got it indirectly:
When a french speaker gets job offer and then applies for visa under Mobilite Francophone (LMIA Extempt visa, because it is in Canada Interests), they can cash on this 50 points (before this was not possible).
@vensak, i dont get why was it impossible to get it before?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aal_ said:
@vensak, i dont get why was it impossible to get it before?
Becuase before you could only get 600 points, but those 600 points were LMIA bound.
This time you get only 50 points, but these 50 poins (200 if you are senior manager, which most of us are not), you will get either with job offer and LMIA or with job offer that is under condition NAFTA (NAFTA LMIA extempt positions) or job offer that is under conditions for Canada Interests. And Mobilite Francophone is listed as one and in case of that no LMIA is requested.

anushapadi

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My crs is 462... These changes will affect to my EE profile....

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vensak said:
Becuase before you could only get 600 points, but those 600 points were LMIA bound.
This time you get only 50 points, but these 50 poins (200 if you are senior manager, which most of us are not), you will get either with job offer and LMIA or with job offer that is under condition NAFTA (NAFTA LMIA extempt positions) or job offer that is under conditions for Canada Interests. And Mobilite Francophone is listed as one and in case of that no LMIA is requested.
Trump wants to get rid of NAFTA's :p

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Trump wants to get rid of NAFTA's :p
I would say more like of the Mexico NAFTA deal part. (practical problem are the consequences behind, but that is for another discussion).

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Basic problem there is to protect USA Market. However Canada is not threat there. As it is flooding it with neither cheap labour, nor with cheap goods unlike Mexico.
But yes practicaly it can lead to the state where NAFTA visa extempt workers positions will be scrapped for a bit and maybe renamed to other agreement.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Pawshi said:
what is your guess how many international students are there in the range 400 to 450?
Lots of members in the forum and other websites says that avg score for intl student is 380. Average means that there will be majority of them. I think 75-80% intl students will be in the range of 380-400 thats why they needed 100-200 points for canadian degrees which would have been guaranteed them ITA. But now with only 30 points of increase will give them 410-430 points. And as we look at LMIAs the study shows us that after every 2 weeks 300 applicants approx. Enters the pool with LMIA. Which gives them 600 points thus guaranteed ITA. Suppose if LMIA applicants sitting on 300-350 now will get upto 400 points which will not give them ITA. so I think after clearing up intl students that were in the range of 430-440 they will come upto 460-470. We will see scores will go down. Remember also that doing bachelors for new or even existing students take them 1-2 or more years to get them bonus points. And with LMIA applicants can get points on the spot and come in the pool with 600 more points. The scores will drop after 8-10 draws with new changes.

SVY

Jan 22, 2016
Andology said:
Agree with you here, the work permit should have the employer details on it, so the NAFTA & intra company transferees looking to be right. So FSW is the one to be screwed, international students get 30 more points, NAFTA or instra company transferees get 50 or 200 more points.
If we are on Work permit through ICT, do we still need any other official job offer letter from employers to call ourselves qualified for these additional 200/50 points? Or is just holding a WP thru ICT or NAFTA bearing the employer name considered a valid job offer? Not many employers give any kind of offer letter. They just bring folks on ICT. Anyone please clarify.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
SVY said:
If we are on Work permit through ICT, do we still need any other official job offer letter from employers to call ourselves qualified for these additional 200/50 points? Or is just holding a WP thru ICT or NAFTA bearing the employer name considered a valid job offer? Not many employers give any kind of offer letter. They just bring folks on ICT. Anyone please clarify.
I think the ee profile will now ask something like this:

Do you have a qualifying job offer yes/no
If yes, is the job offer the result of LMIA, NAFTA, ICT...
If it's NAFTA/ICT, does your work permit state your employer yes/no.

Then, if it's a yes to the last one, as proof you will need their formal type of job reference letter that you've already been at that company for a year...