+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

patricia.hple

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

thejkhan said:
I think no change for you. Still 441.

And down to 436 on your 30th birthday.
Dude, i already know that my score won't change. That wasn't the question!
The question was, what is my CHANCE, provided that my score doesn't change while other people's scores are changing? What does the new scheme mean to outbound applicants whose scores don't seem to change?!

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

i guess over the whole forum...everyone is still confuse about LMIA 600 points...as per canadian gazette wording they didn't say about removal of 600 points.
This is all for International students in Canada and ppl who missing ITA from few points...if they have job offer from canadian employer and that job offer falls into 00 or A or B NOC codes then they don't need LMIA...they will get directly 200 or 50 points additional as regards to their NOC codes.

Salo85

Nov 10, 2016

DelPiero07 said:
This is incorrect as shown in the previous page.
As far as I understood, the only one getting 600 points are those applying through PNP.
For LMIA application the point system has changed to 200 points for NOC 00 and 50 points for the remaining occupations.
It's very clear in the announcement.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

dh5689 said:
i guess over the whole forum...everyone is still confuse about LMIA 600 points...as per canadian gazette wording they didn't say about removal of 600 points.
This is all for International students in Canada and ppl who missing ITA from few points...if they have job offer from canadian employer and that job offer falls into 00 or A or B NOC codes then they don't need LMIA...they will get directly 200 or 50 points additional as regards to their NOC codes.

You are full of BS.

I have read it and it's pretty clear no more 600 points for LMIA.

In the gazette, LMIA is not referred to directly - look for "valid assessment".

200 or 50 points has absolutely nothing to do with 'international students'. Stop bullshitting.

ravdawg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Salo85 said:
As far as I understood, the only one getting 600 points are those applying through PNP.
For LMIA application the point system has changed to 200 points for NOC 00 and 50 points for the remaining occupations.
It's very clear in the announcement.
This is my understanding.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, where did that information that there would be no draw on the 16th of November come from?
I read that multiple times in this thread. What can be a reason for that?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaibhav007us said:
When would the calculator be updated to compute the new points?
It's stated in the name of the thread.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I'm going to throw in that IF it were the case that people got extra points for job offers on top of lmia's thrn the new max would be 1400. It's not.

They are taking away the 600 for lmia and replacing it with either a score of 200 or 50. To get these scores for the job offer you either need an lmia or a work permit with that companies details on it, so not an open work permit or pgwp.

Without a PNP your max score is now 800. If, like almost all of us, we aren't CEO's, the the max score is now 650.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Dedicated said:
It's stated in the name of the thread.
Thanks but the changes are coming into effect on November 19, 2016 - but may be they may change the calculator before that as well!

Further, have they mentioned anywhere that this new criteria would be applicable on even pending EE profiles on November 19, 2016 or it would only apply to profiles created on or after that date?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
vaibhav007us said:
Thanks but the changes are coming into effect on November 19, 2016 - but may be they may change the calculator before that as well!

Further, have they mentioned anywhere that this new criteria would be applicable on even pending EE profiles on November 19, 2016 or it would only apply to profiles created on or after that date?
It'll likely change everyone's automatically.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
interesting to see how many people with 600 job points get ita since the lase 22 months of express entry higher end of 30 % now with less points the scores might change next 2 draws will give an idea.

Andology

Mar 8, 2015
kryt0n said:
I'm going to throw in that IF it were the case that people got extra points for job offers on top of lmia's thrn the new max would be 1400. It's not.

They are taking away the 600 for lmia and replacing it with either a score of 200 or 50. To get these scores for the job offer you either need an lmia or a work permit with that companies details on it, so not an open work permit or pgwp.

Without a PNP your max score is now 800. If, like almost all of us, we aren't CEO's, the the max score is now 650.
Agree with you here, the work permit should have the employer details on it, so the NAFTA & intra company transferees looking to be right. So FSW is the one to be screwed, international students get 30 more points, NAFTA or instra company transferees get 50 or 200 more points.

vaibhav007us

Jun 1, 2016
Can anyone please throw light on ranking in the system being displayed. This could allow a person to approximately compute when he could get ITA if the same draw size continues (which is obviously a variable factor).

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaibhav007us said:
but may be they may change the calculator before that as well!
How is it even feasible then?