+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Hi Ajithj - Could you share the link of the open portal? Is the 28000+ figure for all the students in EE or those who are in the range of 400 to 450? Same is the question for the other category.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

thejkhan said:
0 if PhD not completed yet. 30 when completed.
he will complete it soon. :D :D Whats the hurry in entering LOL

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bestofluck said:
Definitely. 15 or 30. Just calculate your points on new calculator after 19th.
Thanks bestofluck. But just want to clear some doubts. Are the new changes for students with an education degree in Canada or current students who are still studying are also eligible?

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bestofluck said:
he will complete it soon. :D :D Whats the hurry in entering LOL
Buddy PhD takes a very long time to compete, sometimes 6 years.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC

So job offer without LMIA for PGWP holders won't count right?

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

thejkhan said:
Buddy PhD takes a very long time to compete, sometimes 6 years.
:) It does.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

syedahraza said:
Thanks bestofluck. But just want to clear some doubts. Are the new changes for students with an education degree in Canada or current students who are still studying are also eligible?
You have to have a Canadian degree awarded before getting ITA.

If you are a current student with a previous degree from Canada, you can still use that to get the points.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun

Pawshi said:
Hi Ajithj - Could you share the link of the open portal? Is the 28000+ figure for all the students in EE or those who are in the range of 400 to 450? Same is the question for the other category.
Not able to post the link. It is number of PGWP visa holders.

Try googling 'temporary foreign worker by program open data portal'

patricia.hple

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I am: FSW outland applicant; 29 years old; single; foreign bachelor's; 3+ years foreign work experience; CLB 10 all 4 skills
My score doesn't change in this "new" scheme. I'm still at 441.

But what does it mean for my chances?

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

patricia.hple said:
I am: FSW outland applicant; 29 years old; single; foreign bachelor's; 3+ years foreign work experience; CLB 10 all 4 skills
My score doesn't change in this "new" scheme. I'm still at 441.

But what does it mean for my chances?
Scores will change only after Nov 19th. Read the thread title again.

kashish948

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015

If they give lmia 600 points like before and 200/50 for job offers, they are literally kicking out all international students. I really hope that is not the case like some people think.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

kashish948 said:
If they give lmia 600 points like before and 200/50 for job offers, they are literally kicking out all international students. I really hope that is not the case like some people think.
No more 600 for lmia, whatever anyone says.

patricia.hple

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

thejkhan said:
Scores will change only after Nov 19th. Read the thread title again.
Before or after Nov 19th, my score doesn't change at all.
What is my chance under the new scheme after Nov 19?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017

It was a great meeting with John McCallum. Meeting held on 09 November 2016 at Indian School of Business (ISB), Mohali, Chandigarh, India. Attended by John McCallum (Immigration minister, Canada), Laura Albanese (Immigration minister, Ontario), Lena Metlege Diab (Immigration minister, Nova Scotia).
Highlights of the meeting :
1. Canada wants more immigrants in coming months to grow their economy. And there will be rise in immigrants in future as well.
2. Canada will make it easier for International students (foreigners who study in Canada) to get PR by giving them extra points in Express entry, and reducing points from LMIA and PNP. This change coming very soon, in the matter of week(s).
3. Global talent strategy - faster processing times for High skilled immigrants in IT sector.
4. Reduction the processing time for family reunification (currently 2yrs). Change coming in few weeks.
5. Ontario PNP Entrepreneur and French speaking stream to open soon. OINP Express Entry stream to open in coming days. Working on reducing processing time.
6. Next draws will see more ITAs. 4-5 more draws till 2016 end. CIC intentionally doesn't disclose the date of draws in advance and it will remain like this.
7. Nova Scotia coming with program which will allow international students to take admissions in high schools (11th,12th standard) directly after 10th standard before taking admissions in colleges/ universities

List of all videos:
1. https://youtu.be/JZPnFqST6rc
2. https://youtu.be/T9BAf1L8ock
3. https://youtu.be/XRXvk3FHUuU
4. https://youtu.be/Z_9BHFjFoHY

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

patricia.hple said:
Before or after Nov 19th, my score doesn't change at all.
What is my chance under the new scheme after Nov 19?
I think no change for you. Still 441.

And down to 436 on your 30th birthday.

Edit: oh you were asking about chances. Not very optimistic for 441 - try PNP.