+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Azy

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Sorry Guys, I could be wrong!

My apologies! :)

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Does any full time permanent NOC A/B job offer get you extra 50 points, if you are on PGWP ?
Or you need to be working for the past one year on that job to get pts ?
Or you need to keep Working for one year after PR on the same job fto get those 50 points ?

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun

SecularFirst said:
Does any full time permanent NOC A/B job offer get you extra 50 points, if you are on PGWP ?
Or you need to be working for the past one year on that job to get pts ?
Or you need to keep Working for one year after PR on the same job fto get those 50 points ?
PGWP does not qualify for the extra 50 points. Unless you have an LMIA.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015

How is arranged offer of employment different from any regular job offer? If someone's on OWP/spousal WP and get a job offer from lets say Indeed/wowjobs etc, will they get extra 50 points?

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016

nidakh said:
LMIA was never mentioned even on the old instructions, it only mentioned "Qualifying offer of arranged employment".....These are complicated legal instructions and we can analyze as much as we want but things will only be clear after a draw or two or with time!

You can read the old instruction here if you want:
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/pdf/g1-148x10.pdf
LMIA is to assess your job offer, it was written in gazette as qualified Job offer. All offers are not qualified Job offer

Azy

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

The significant changes to job offers are:
A qualifying job offer is now worth 200 points if the offer is in an occupation contained in a Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification (senior managerial level position). These occupations are:
0011 Legislators
0012 Senior government managers and officials
0013 Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services
0014 Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
0015 Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.
0016 Senior managers – construction, transportation, production and utilities

A qualifying job offer is now worth 50 points if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Previously, qualifying job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment were worth 600 points under the CRS. As of November 19, there will be new ways of being awarded either 50 or 200 points without the need to obtain a LMIA (though points will continue to be awarded to individuals with a new or existing LMIA). The new regulations also allow the following individuals to be awarded points for a qualifying job offer:

Individuals with a work permit issued under an international agreement, such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
Individuals with a work permit issued under the ‘significant benefits to Canada’ criteria, such as Intra-Company Transfers.

In both above cases, the worker must have been working in Canada for at least one year and the job offer must be made by the same employer named on the work permit.

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016

ScarletSails said:
It is interesting that many people would rather rely on an unofficial page like cicnews instead of reading the actual instructions on CIC website.

We live in a world full of misleading information, and it is important to trust only the official source of information.

I have seen some immigration consultants and immigration service websites spread false hope to people by saying now you can get extra 200 or 50 points without LMIA.
Cicnews is managed by leading immigration Canada lawfirm. It is trustworthy

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun

As per the data in open data portal

Number of people with PGWP is 28,760. They will get additional 30 points.
Number of people with NAFTA/ICT etc is 21,466. Assuming 50% has more than a year of Canadian work exp, around 10,000 will get additional 50 points.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015

Eswaran said:
LMIA is to assess your job offer, it was written in gazette as qualified Job offer. All offers are not qualified Job offer
So basically arranged offer of employment is LMIA ?
Pls excuse my ignorance on this matter. I appreciate your time in helping me understand it. Thanks.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017

Express Entry is time being divided into 2

FSW Inland/CEC get direct ITA with higher chance
FSW outland get higher chance with PNP. ( there will be no CEC OF FSW Inland competing for PNs now so more people to get PNP)

Fair enough. So people with Canadian education get PR in 6 months and others in 1 year. :D :D

Will be interesting to see how Provinces invite now? Mat be more province will invite from the pool and many province will be opened for FSW.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bestofluck said:
Express Entry is time being divided into 2

FSW Inland/CEC get direct ITA with higher chance
FSW outland get higher chance with PNP. ( there will be no CEC OF FSW Inland competing for PNs now so more people to get PNP)

Fair enough. So people with Canadian education get PR in 6 months and others in 1 year. :D :D
@bestofluck
I have gone through the new changes proposed for express entry. I am currently a PhD student with more than 2 years of education period in Canada. Is there a chance that I will be getting some extra points on my profile?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017

syedahraza said:
@bestofluck
I have gone through the new changes proposed for express entry. I am currently a PhD student with more than 2 years of education period in Canada. Is there a chance that I will be getting some extra points on my profile?
Definitely. 15 or 30. Just calculate your points on new calculator after 19th.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun

SecularFirst said:
So basically arranged offer of employment is LMIA ?
Pls excuse my ignorance on this matter. I appreciate your time in helping me understand it. Thanks.
Arranged offer of employment with ESDC assessment is LMIA.

If you read the gazette, it mentions offer of employment with ESDC assessment. And work permit with employer name mentioned on it.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bestofluck said:
Definitely. 15 or 30. Just calculate your points on new calculator after 19th.
0 if PhD not completed yet. 30 when completed.