+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

Salo85 said:
Hey All,
I have a question, will this changes will affect new applicants and the ones that are already in the EE pool or it will also affect those who already got their ITA but haven't apply yet.

Thanks
All the changes are talking before get ITA, if somebody got ITA already, i do not think this affects them.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
Re: New Express Entry ranking system will be applied in Nov 19th (detail inside!)

I was going through the old Ministerial Instructions and it does not seem to mention LMIA.....So I am guessing one still needs LIMA with a job offer but you will only get 50 or 200 points for it and not 600.....unless you have a VISA under ICT or NAFTA

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/pdf/g1-148x10.pdf

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

nidakh said:
I was going through the old Ministerial Instructions and it does not seem to mention LMIA.....So I am guessing one still needs LIMA with a job offer but you will only get 50 or 200 points for it and not 600.....unless you have a VISA under ICT or NAFTA

Yep, that's what i understand.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016

does it mean that VISA under ICT and NAFTA gives 600 points?

Azy

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vitorfragoso said:
I think there is a misunderstanding here or perhaps I am wrong. LMIA still gives 600 extra points. Job offer without LMIA gives 50/200 points.

Agree? Disagree?

STRONGLY AGREE! I don't understand what happened to all other members, you are the first one posting this!

LMIA applicants will still get 600 points. 200 or 50 points will be awarded to those who have arranged employment such as international students who have jobs but they cannot get LMIA!

Saskatchewan_Regina

Mar 3, 2016

Azy said:
STRONGLY AGREE! I don't understand what happened to all other members, you are the first one posting this!

LMIA applicants will still get 600 points. 200 or 50 points will be awarded to those who have arranged employment such as international students who have jobs but they cannot get LMIA!
Did you read the instructions at all?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Azy said:

This is incorrect as shown in the previous page.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Pawshi said:
does it mean that VISA under ICT and NAFTA gives 600 points?
Nope, either 50 or 200 points.

hopesarehigh

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I am still confused as nothing about LMIA is mentioned in the amendment.

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016

Azy said:

No, cic news says it will drop upto 550 for existing candidates who awarded 600 points in past through LMIA. 600 points are applicable only to pnp. 50/200 for lmia

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016

what is your guess how many international students are there in the range 400 to 450?

Eswaran

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016

hopesarehigh said:
It is stated as qualified Job offer

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

It is interesting that many people would rather rely on an unofficial page like cicnews instead of reading the actual instructions on CIC website.

We live in a world full of misleading information, and it is important to trust only the official source of information.

I have seen some immigration consultants and immigration service websites spread false hope to people by saying now you can get extra 200 or 50 points without LMIA.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun

hopesarehigh said:
cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html

a section from the above site says:

The significant changes to job offers are:

A qualifying job offer is now worth 200 points if the offer is in an occupation contained in Major Group 00 of the National Occupational Classification.
A qualifying job offer is now worth 50 points if the offer is any other qualifying offer of arranged employment.

Previously, qualifying job offers supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment were worth 600 points under the CRS. As of November 19, there will be new ways of being awarded either 50 or 200 points without the need to obtain a LMIA (though points will continue to be awarded to individuals with a new or existing LMIA). The new regulations also allow the following individuals to be awarded points for a qualifying job offer:

Individuals with a work permit issued under an international agreement, such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
Individuals with a work permit issued under the ‘significant benefits to Canada’ criteria, such as Intra-Company Transfers.

Does this mean LMIA is not actually needed ?
LMIA not needed if you are a NAFTA visa holder or Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) visa holder. Once you complete 1 year in Canada you will qualify for 200 or 50 points depending on your NOC code.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021

hopesarehigh said:
LMIA was never mentioned even on the old instructions, it only mentioned "Qualifying offer of arranged employment".....These are complicated legal instructions and we can analyze as much as we want but things will only be clear after a draw or two or with time!

You can read the old instruction here if you want: