File Transfer...
23-04-2014
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
00-00-0000
i have no idea. Last correspondence i have from CIC is SA approval letter thats Dated Apr 10, states that File will be transeferred.
I wonder how CIC channels their correspondence. I sent my application through Courier to PO BOX # and i received AOR thru email and SA through mail. One of my friends sent it through normal post and he received AOR and SA both via emails. He was also given the file transfer date.

Omega123

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Hey Folks,
This is my first post to this thread. I had sent my application on 25th March, CIC received on 27th March and I received AOR on 8th May. I believe following are the next step:

My VISA office is - New Delhi, India.

1. I will receive an email from CIC confirming that I am eligible for this sponsoship - In a week or so
2. My Wife will receive an email with a confirmation that the application has been received by NDVO and the processing has begun. This email will also have an UCI assigned for my wife - In around 3 weeks.
3. CIC will ask for Passport to be submitted - Dont know when

Query: Here is my query:
I was planning to apply for my wife's visitor visa so that she could come and meet me for a couple of weeks in July. However, if CIC asks for Passport and keep it with them till she gets PR then she cannot travel anywhere outside India.

Is there an alternate solution to this?

Thanks!

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Hi...Omega123 ...in most cases visitor visa is refused if there is application in process. It has happened with me in month of feb where i was denied visitor visa , and my application was inland ..nonetheless if you still want to take chance..you can always apply for one..who knows they are kind enough to grant visitor visa to your wife.

Omega123 said:
Hey Folks,
This is my first post to this thread. I had sent my application on 25th March, CIC received on 27th March and I received AOR on 8th May. I believe following are the next step:

1. I will receive an email from CIC confirming that I am eligible for this sponsoship - In a week or so
2. My Wife will receive an email with a confirmation that the application has been received by NDVO and the processing has begun. This email will also have an UCI assigned for my wife - In around 3 weeks.

I was planning to apply for my wife's visitor visa so that she could come and meet me for a couple of weeks in July. However, if CIC asks for Passport and keep it with them till she gets PR then she cannot travel anywhere outside India.

Thanks!

Omega123

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Thanks amop. However, if they request for passport say in 3 weeks or so then my wife wont be able to travel to Canada anyways. Does anyone know Delhi timeline when they ask for the passport after second AOR is being sent to the applicant?

singhjag

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 13, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 13, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 31, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2014
Interview........
IP - Sept 16
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2014 + DM
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 20, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 8, 2014
Omega123 said:
Hey Folks,

Thanks!
It doesn't hurt to try to apply for the visa. In order to be successful you have to demonstrate "Dual intent" i.e. that your wife will visit you however she will leave by the provided date. The show this, she needs to have enough reasons to go back. For instance, employment, immediate family, any dependents, assets/property.

It appears that CIC is not asking for passport so quickly based on other threads on this forum so you should be okay. However, if this situation does arrive, you'll still have time window to submit the passport. Some experts might have better insight on timeline for this.

Omega123

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Thanks singhjag.

This raises another question: What if she is in Canada and we end up sending passport from within Canada. In this case can we get her stay extended somehow (Visitor Visa only allows the stay for 6 months at a stretch) as she wont have her passport? Is there a legal way for her to stay back?

What I understand, if New Delhi asks for her passport then the only way for her is to travel back to India and then submit her passport from there. Does NDVO issue any travel document so that she could go to tourist destinations like Cuba or so and we can meet there occassionally rather than me having to travel to India everytime.

There are so many questions! :)

singhjag

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 13, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 13, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 31, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2014
Interview........
IP - Sept 16
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2014 + DM
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 20, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 8, 2014
Omega123 said:
Thanks singhjag.

This raises another question: What if she is in Canada and we end up sending passport from within Canada. In this case can we get her stay extended somehow (Visitor Visa only allows the stay for 6 months at a stretch) as she wont have her passport? Is there a legal way for her to stay back?

What I understand, if New Delhi asks for her passport then the only way for her is to travel back to India and then submit her passport from there. Does NDVO issue any travel document so that she could go to tourist destinations like Cuba or so and we can meet there occassionally rather than me having to travel to India everytime.

There are so many questions! :)
I'm in the boat and based on the complexity, I'm not applying for a visitor visa and just planning to visit my spouse in India about two times. I don't know what the process is if your state situation arises but my gut feel would be to avoid such scenarios in an effort to minimize delays in PR Process. Additionally, we're planning our trips to within India only in case passport request comes.

Let's see if anyone else here has gone through this experience and can comment :)

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Wat is address to send pcc to ndvo?

I got aor but no address.

Thanks

amop

Feb 28, 2014
amidst of all the confusion regarding my application...which we are submitting on 18th may now...my police certificate was issued on feb 28th 2014. so my understanding is as per

cic website that when you submit application it should not be more than 3 months old so may 28th it should expire ? and if we are sending on 18th by fedex same city ...is that fine ?

and are we good with that or does it cause more issues?

i been having so many hurdles..

PALAKI

Star Member
Dec 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
File Transfer...
18-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
Hi Amop,
I also had arounf two weeks for my PCC to expire...So my husband sent by FED-EX ,the same city...It was delievered the next dat...Fed-Ex is the safest and quickest way....don't worry and go ahead

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Thanks Palaki...we will send package on 18th then...and still have almost 10 days till my pcc expires..so it shud be all good then.

just cant wait to get rid of this application now have been working on this since feb and certificates...

PALAKI said:
Hi Amop,
I also had arounf two weeks for my PCC to expire...So my husband sent by FED-EX ,the same city...It was delievered the next dat...Fed-Ex is the safest and quickest way....don't worry and go ahead

freezymth

Apr 18, 2014
Hello friend , I am July'2013 Applicant.

AOR: 9th July'13
File Transferred : 6th Aug'13
Passport Requested: 4th September'13
Still My E-cas Status is Your Application received for PR on Dated 9th Jul'13.

I am little bit confused some of members like me have the same status , but one addition is there Medicals have been received.

But it is not in my status, i.e I had submit my Medicals with my file. Why they did not updated in my status .

If You have an idea please suggest me
Thanks!
[/quote]

s7ngh

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
23-04-2014
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
00-00-0000
rash04 said:
Hi,
Wat is address to send pcc to ndvo?

I got aor but no address.

Thanks
its written at the bottom of your Aor letter.

7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021

PALAKI

Star Member
Dec 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
File Transfer...
18-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
You are welcome amop and sorry for the typographic mistakes, im sometimes too fast..."THE Next DAY" the package was delievered".... Also why are you sending your app so late, is there still work left?