+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS.

andrewset

Apr 11, 2014
So I see that now they have come upto Oct 15th (CANVISA770). So at this rate, I forsee October should be over by July 15th.

God only know how many Oct, Nov applicants who are not registered on this forum are already in possession of their PP with visas. We can only go by people registered on this.

Cant wait for this whole process to get over so we can all be with our spouses and kick start our married lives....

pearl786

Star Member
Jun 30, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 16 , 2013
Doc's Request.
may 20, 2014
File Transfer...
sep 10, 2013
Med's Done....
may 11, 2013
Passport Req..
sep 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waheguru knows ...
andrewset said:
So I see that now they have come upto Oct 15th (CANVISA770). So at this rate, I forsee October should be over by July 15th.

God only know how many Oct, Nov applicants who are not registered on this forum are already in possession of their PP with visas. We can only go by people registered on this.

Cant wait for this whole process to get over so we can all be with our spouses and kick start our married lives....
I hope everyone get visa soon.Its really frustrating ,there are still few aug 2013 applicants who are still not inprocess including me :(

andrewset

Apr 11, 2014
pearl786 said:
I hope everyone get visa soon.Its really frustrating ,there are still few aug 2013 applicants who are still not inprocess including me :(
All august will be cleared in next one week

October25applicant

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2013
AOR Received.
20-11-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP-July 17, 2014...Dm-August 27, 2014
LANDED..........
September 12, 2014
kenoreeves said:
Thank you for the reply :)
In your case it looks like your file has been touched upon lately which is a positive sign.
Hope we all hear a good news very soon:)

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013 / Remedical....: 8th july 2014 / received. ..: 23rd July 2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2013 (sent-10 oct 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IN-PROCESS since 4th-July-2014 DM-8 Nov 2014 RECEIVED PP-10 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
17 dec 2014 :-D
andrewset said:
All august will be cleared in next one week
That statement I said to myself for the past 3 months. ..but nothing happened..andrew if you are the VO then sure we all august applicants got our visas in one week. ..thanx for encourging us..

rahul.ag12

Jul 5, 2014
Hi,

The below query may have been asked a few times in this thread earlier. I could not find my specific situation.

I am a Canadian PR. I recently went to India and got engaged and did a court marriage. It was an arranged marriage, and both the families wanted to have a court marriage, and have the religious ceremony in December or January depending on my vacation. I want to sponsor my wife under the Family Class, and had the following questions.

- I only have pictures of the engagement ceremony and family dinners. I did not know that pictures of us hanging out would be required otherwise i would have taken them. Since the NDVO requires religious ceremony and honeymoon pictures, should i apply for the sponsorship now, or after the religious ceremony.
- IF i apply now, we can always provide pictures of the ceremony later? is this recommended?
- IS it recommended to have my wife change her last name to mine? Would this strengthen the case?
- I have skype, viber, whattsapp logs of our conversations. would that suffice along with the engagement pictures.

Please advise.

Thanks.
-

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
rahul.ag12 said:
Hi,

The below query may have been asked a few times in this thread earlier. I could not find my specific situation.

I am a Canadian PR. I recently went to India and got engaged and did a court marriage. It was an arranged marriage, and both the families wanted to have a court marriage, and have the religious ceremony in December or January depending on my vacation. I want to sponsor my wife under the Family Class, and had the following questions.

- I only have pictures of the engagement ceremony and family dinners. I did not know that pictures of us hanging out would be required otherwise i would have taken them. Since the NDVO requires religious ceremony and honeymoon pictures, should i apply for the sponsorship now, or after the religious ceremony.
- IF i apply now, we can always provide pictures of the ceremony later? is this recommended?
- IS it recommended to have my wife change her last name to mine? Would this strengthen the case?
- I have skype, viber, whattsapp logs of our conversations. would that suffice along with the engagement pictures.

Please advise.

Thanks.
-
If you are not in a hurry then wait until you get married and provide wedding pictures; honeymoon pictures; etc so that it will all go in one package and NDVO will be convinced. But if you are in a hurry, file the application now (provide as much as documentation possible to strengthen the case) and then provide other pictures after the marriage. But send loads of pictures of wedding (make sure toothless grandpa smiling at the weddings) and honeymoon trips; communication documentations etc.

Changing last name makes a big difference if your application ends up with a conservative, traditional visa officer. In the past when someone had an interview, middle aged traditional visa officer woman asked why the last name was not changed; why no kids when the wife is getting old; all those gossipy TV serials watching women/men questions can be avoided with name change.

any kind of documentation helps the case (skype; instant messaging; whatsapp; pictures; trips takes to tourist spots - ticket stubs; testimonials from friends and chai wallas...son of a chai walla is even better but not sure if it would any difference with visa officer but it might with you as you can frame it)

andrewset

Apr 11, 2014
I want to seek your advice on this matter:

In my original application package, I had attached only about 70 pics in total (60 of the wedding and 10 of the honeymoon).

Do you think this is a low number of pics? Should i have attached like 150 pics?

Pl advise.

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
andrewset said:

In my original application package, I had attached only about 70 pics in total (60 of the wedding and 10 of the honeymoon).

Do you think this is a low number of pics? Should i have attached like 150 pics?

Pl advise.
quality over quantity matters..I sent 50 pictures and it worked out fine..pictures of couples smiling at the wedding; parents smiling at the time of wedding; happy faces at the honeymoon; and so on. You can have 1000 pictures sent in but only one shows smiling (granted in some cultures people don't smile at the time of wedding...but not in Indian weddings..in the dining hall even those serious ones smile when they get free food) then quantity won't matter...

rpandey

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct2013
Doc's Request.
Oct2013
AOR Received.
7oct2013
File Transfer...
30oct2013
Med's Done....
24sept2013
Passport Req..
13nov2013, submitted in NDVO office on 29nov2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 6july2013
LANDED..........
DM on 12july2014
andrewset said:

There are total 17 applicants of oct2013 in this forum and only 2 got IP and yesterday one of them got visa as his status was showing IP still, so its hard to find out whats going on in NDVO, just praying to get visa soon

rpandey

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct2013
Doc's Request.
Oct2013
AOR Received.
7oct2013
File Transfer...
30oct2013
Med's Done....
24sept2013
Passport Req..
13nov2013, submitted in NDVO office on 29nov2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 6july2013
LANDED..........
DM on 12july2014
waiting 2 exhale said:
quality over quantity matters..I sent 50 pictures and it worked out fine..pictures of couples smiling at the wedding; parents smiling at the time of wedding; happy faces at the honeymoon; and so on. You can have 1000 pictures sent in but only one shows smiling (granted in some cultures people don't smile at the time of wedding...but not in Indian weddings..in the dining hall even those serious ones smile when they get free food) then quantity won't matter...
HI W2E ,m oct2013 applicant ,what do u think till when oct applicants will get their visa?

J.J

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 June 2013
AOR Received.
16 July 2013
File Transfer...
24 July 2013
Interview........
17 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Appeal allowed March 4th, 2016,
LANDED..........
On my way
rahul.ag12 said:
Hi,

Please advise.

Thanks.
-
Advice , wait till actual wedding ceremony . Till then collect all data to add to your file . Communication logs , your visits to India , honeymoon package receipt from hotel , and off course pictures . Starting next year visa processing time will be reduced to 6-8 months anyways . Better apply after Christmas holidays.

J.J

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 June 2013
AOR Received.
16 July 2013
File Transfer...
24 July 2013
Interview........
17 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Appeal allowed March 4th, 2016,
LANDED..........
On my way
andrewset said:

Pl advise.
Every visa office has profiling officers , they observe you at interview , through pictures , statements etc etc . So it's not about how many pictures , it's about what you reflect in those pictures . And plus visa officers have guidelines to follow , so they also wanna see all wedding ceremonies included .

sudhakar_pt

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am a permanent resident of Canada. I am soon getting married in India. My fiance is currently working in India.

Is it a good idea to apply for visit visa first and then apply for PR?
How long it takes to get a visit visa to Canada from India?
Thank you.

rajneel

Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahul.ag12 said:
Hi,

Please advise.

Thanks.
-
I have a similar case like yours.. I had done the court marriage in canada in Sep 2012 and did the social marriage in Nov 2013.. However I filed my application in Sep 2013 before the social marriage.. I did mention that I would be having the social marriage in nov in my application and just send pics of my court marriage and a few trips together along with chat logs of different social medias.. Currently my file is in process and I have not received any additional documents request or proofs of my social marriage from NDVO nor have I changed my last name..