Med's Done....
24sept2013
Passport Req..
13nov2013, submitted in NDVO office on 29nov2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 6july2013
LANDED..........
DM on 12july2014
wooooooooooooooowwwww status changed to IP ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)soooooooooooo sooooooooo happy today

pc2dc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-09-2013
File Transfer...
17-10-2013
Med's Done....
22-09-2013
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 19-06-2014 & Passport received on 15-07-2014
rahul.ag12 said:
Hi,

The below query may have been asked a few times in this thread earlier. I could not find my specific situation.

I am a Canadian PR. I recently went to India and got engaged and did a court marriage. It was an arranged marriage, and both the families wanted to have a court marriage, and have the religious ceremony in December or January depending on my vacation. I want to sponsor my wife under the Family Class, and had the following questions.

- I only have pictures of the engagement ceremony and family dinners. I did not know that pictures of us hanging out would be required otherwise i would have taken them. Since the NDVO requires religious ceremony and honeymoon pictures, should i apply for the sponsorship now, or after the religious ceremony.
- IF i apply now, we can always provide pictures of the ceremony later? is this recommended?
- IS it recommended to have my wife change her last name to mine? Would this strengthen the case?
- I have skype, viber, whattsapp logs of our conversations. would that suffice along with the engagement pictures.

Please advise.

Thanks.
-
I would advise against waiting. Although I haven't received the visa yet (its status is in process), I applied after the court marriage and provided everything I had to show that my relationship was legitimate. Basically they just want to make sure that the marriage is true and you don't really need pictures of an elaborate wedding (even though it helps). In fact, there is a question in the form which specifically asks if you have a formal wedding reception in the future. They ask you all sorts of details about how you met, where you met and when you met. Tell them everything truthfully and write as much as you can on the forms. I know it works because I know someone who did the exact same thing as me. His wife had an interview and took all wedding photos with her to show the interviewer.

Ultimately, it is up to you if you want to apply now (after court marriage) or later (after the reception). If they have any doubts, they usually ask you to come in for an interview.

upasanagovind

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
AOR Received.
28-10-2013
File Transfer...
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
7-8-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 8th July DM since 10th July
LANDED..........
As soon as the passport reaches :(
rpandey said:
wooooooooooooooowwwww status changed to IP ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)soooooooooooo sooooooooo happy today
Congratulations !! Wen hav they started processing it??

Hope my turn comes soooooooooooooon!

rpandey

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct2013
Doc's Request.
Oct2013
AOR Received.
7oct2013
File Transfer...
30oct2013
Med's Done....
24sept2013
Passport Req..
13nov2013, submitted in NDVO office on 29nov2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 6july2013
LANDED..........
DM on 12july2014
upasanagovind said:
Congratulations !! Wen hav they started processing it??

Hope my turn comes soooooooooooooon!
they started processing on 30june..........dont worry upasana u will get your IP soon

missin u

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
25-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
05-Sep-2013
Med's Request
RE-MED DONE on 23-July-2014
Med's Done....
04-Feb-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 18-July-2014, DM on 2 Feb,2015
LANDED..........
only God knows
NO UPDATE AS YET,REALLY FRUSTRATED NOW.............

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Congrats! Good luck with rest of the process..and speedy visa..

rpandey said:

andrewset

Apr 11, 2014
rahul.ag12 said:
Hi,

The below query may have been asked a few times in this thread earlier. I could not find my specific situation.

I am a Canadian PR. I recently went to India and got engaged and did a court marriage. It was an arranged marriage, and both the families wanted to have a court marriage, and have the religious ceremony in December or January depending on my vacation. I want to sponsor my wife under the Family Class, and had the following questions.

- I only have pictures of the engagement ceremony and family dinners. I did not know that pictures of us hanging out would be required otherwise i would have taken them. Since the NDVO requires religious ceremony and honeymoon pictures, should i apply for the sponsorship now, or after the religious ceremony.
- IF i apply now, we can always provide pictures of the ceremony later? is this recommended?
- IS it recommended to have my wife change her last name to mine? Would this strengthen the case?
- I have skype, viber, whattsapp logs of our conversations. would that suffice along with the engagement pictures.

Please advise.

Thanks.
-
I would advise that you wait till actual ceremony is over and then apply with all the proper traditional wedding pics. You can save a couple of months off your process with just court marriage but if they flag it for interview, then you will lose those 2-3 months anyways.

No need to change last name. VO understands that sometimes wives retain their maiden name for some time before changing it. It is normal.

andrewset

Apr 11, 2014
sudhakar_pt said:
Hi,

I am a permanent resident of Canada. I am soon getting married in India. My fiance is currently working in India.

Is it a good idea to apply for visit visa first and then apply for PR?
How long it takes to get a visit visa to Canada from India?
Thank you.
If she is your fiance and is trying to visit you and then you plan to apply for PR, then
1) someone in Canada has to invite her and if you invite her, they will not grant her visa to visit her fiance. It has to be uncle/aunt/ brother/ sister/ friend
2) if you claim to be friend and invite her and she gets visa, and then you turn around and become her hubby, it wont look good when u file PR
3) If you apply inland PR once she is on her visitor visa here, process will take 18-20 months
4) if you apply for PR once she is here, but outland, once she gets her PPR, she will have to leave the country to submit PP to NDVO
4) Best is to get married, gather documents, apply Outland PR and wait.

sunsweet

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
07-01-2014
Med's Request
13-08-2014, Remedical 21-08-2014,
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP 13-08-2014 DM 15-10-2014 Visa Recd 20-10-14
LANDED..........
1-12-2014
rahul.ag12 said:
Hi,

Please advise.

Thanks.
-
She becomes your spouse the moment you marry her and she is eligible to apply under spousal category. So you apply now itself. The marriage is conducted under Special Marriages Act, commonly called Registered marriage. Now all other marriages after solemnising is to be registered under marriage registration Act.
You apply now mention that formal reception will be in so and so month and send its proof at that time.
The scrutiny by VO is genuine marriage and relationship is genuine etc.

sudhakar_pt

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Andrewset,

Thank you for your reply. I am getting married in few days. Can I apply for visit visa first? so that she will have better chance of getting visit visa and then I can apply for PR visa. Please advice. Thank you.

Jasjag007

Jul 4, 2014
Canada > Alberta > Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=Navy][b]♥ 30-09-2013 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
File Transfer...
[move][color=orange][b]♥ Oct-2013 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=Brown][b]♥ Re-med 27-Jun-2014 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=Brown][b]♥ Re-med 28-Jun-2014 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
Interview........
[move][color=orange][b]♥ In Process 03-Jul-2014 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=blue][b]♥ 07-Nov-2013 ♥[/b][/color][/move]
Bunnypadda said:
When did ur medical expired ?
BunnyPadda,

My medical expired on 7 May .
was asked fr REMED on 27 June 2014 via e-mail.

due to some hiccups my application was filed on 30 sep 2013.....

Jasjag007

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
rksandhu said:
hey thanx sweetie with the support of your people I m not worried about my visa anymore..
and welcome to the forum princess...at first I was think that it was abhisekh's comment...but now I m always make sure that its ur comment or abhisekh's lol...
RkSandhu,,,,,, this id was created by Abhishek Goel007.......................he sprinkled his creativity by adding the "THE PR PRINCESS" tag under my name...................lol..............

Nd ur visa will be with you sooooon...............inshallah..................

Jasjag007

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
missin u said:
missin u,
HAVE FAITH IN GOD.....
just hang in there and their will be an update soooooon.
m sure of it...
just think positive ..............nd stay calm.............

chacha Chaudry

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/Oct/2013
AOR Received.
Oct/2013
File Transfer...
01/Nov/2013
Med's Done....
19/Aug/2013
Passport Req..
13/Nov/2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 05/July/2014 .. Decision Made on 19/July/2014... Received my passport on 26/July/2014
missin u said:
Apply your GCMS notes or try to do MP enquiry asap. If your medical has expired in February they might have sent you an email asking for re medical.
Good luck.....

singh1990

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 may 2013
AOR Received.
9 July 2013
File Transfer...
8 august 2013
Med's Request
Remedical on 30 may2014
Med's Done....
30 APRIL 2013
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
september 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 26 may. DM on 20 NOV. Received passport with visa on 24 december
LANDED..........
soon
Jasjag007 said:
BunnyPadda,

My medical expired on 7 May .
was asked fr REMED on 27 June 2014 via e-mail.

due to some hiccups my application was filed on 30 sep 2013.....
remedical done on 30 may,
but still waiting for DM
What about u??