Med's Done....
XX-09-2014
Passport Req..
XX-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
XX-12-2014
LANDED..........
XX-12-2014
In my cases, I sent supplementary files by email, and said that 'if I should send the paper work, please feel no hesitate to let me know', and sent it twice..

Since I got no reply, I guess mine files has been received successfully..

Deep666 said:
Hi friends,
I'm Jan 2014 applicant.On Aug 11th I received a letter from CPC Ottawa for an addition document (Employment reference letter).I sent them thru mail, as well as a hard copy to their Ottawa address.So far didn't receive any confirmation that they received my document.

Can someone please help me in giving me an approx time frame

when I can expect MEDICAl request?
After medical request how many days it takes usually to reach the report to CIC guys and they ask for PR fee?
And when they ask for passport to be sent once they receive the payment?

r_be81

Aug 23, 2014
Update from my sister's end:

No change - Still awaiting MR.

Application received: Jan 27th
AOR received: Feb 26th
NOC: 1123
Office: Ottawa
Current residence: UK

lufc_cal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
r_be81 said:

That timeline is pretty similar to mine. Should be any day now.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
r_be81 said:

Has your sister received any document requests from CIC? I have not received any requests till now.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
r_be81 said:

My current residence is USA not Canada. I guess those applications who are living within Canada have priority.

baboo_pr

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
lhyyym said:
My current residence is USA not Canada. I guess those applications who are living within Canada have priority.
Nope. I have same time line, still waiting for MR and I am in Canada

YogeshPa

May 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with application
Med's Request
24-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
I am also waiting for my MR request as well.

I was asked to provide the employment ref. letter (28th July) and last 2 year's address history (Aug 20th)
I have provided them all these documents in addition to PCC clearance certficate. But still I haven't anything from them.
Its making me tense now. There is no clue or generic acknowledgement for emails.

And many are waiting for MRs from Nov/Dec/Jan applicants. Question here, do you think this delay is specific to certain NOC codes?

cecjohn

Sep 15, 2014
Hi All,

Today I got a call from "416-251-1335", the person introduced himself as Kevin Harris calling from CIC and he told my name and date of birth & asked my passport no# & expiry date then I provided them to him. He told me that my application is on hold at CIC end due IOC pending from India. He didn't give much details about IOC then he transferred call to some other department.

A lady picked up the phone and she said she will help me to get IOC cleared from India. She mentioned this is new process introduced by CIC recently. She told that she will send a representative to my address to collect documents like passport copies and other id proofs. I told her I already submitted all these documentation to CIC as part my application and asked why do you need these documents again. She tried to tell me that this is another department and she need these details all over again. Also she asked me to go to Canada Post office to fill some forms. I told her I am busy right now I can not go. I asked her what are the forms to be filled I'll do it later. She was forcing me to right now then I disconnected the call saying I will let my attorney know to deal with this by calling CIC. Note that during this conversation call disconnected 3 times and the lady called me again and again. When she called me caller id didn't show up. It displayed as "Private Number".

Does anyone got this kind of calls?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
cecjohn said:
Hi All,

Today I got a call from "416-251-1335", the person introduced himself as Kevin Harris calling from CIC and he told my name and date of birth & asked my passport no# & expiry date then I provided them to him. He told me that my application is on hold at CIC end due IOC pending from India. He didn't give much details about IOC then he transferred call to some other department.

A lady picked up the phone and she said she will help me to get IOC cleared from India. She mentioned this is new process introduced by CIC recently. She told that she will send a representative to my address to collect documents like passport copies and other id proofs. I told her I already submitted all these documentation to CIC as part my application and asked why do you need these documents again. She tried to tell me that this is another department and she need these details all over again. Also she asked me to go to Canada Post office to fill some forms. I told her I am busy right now I can not go. I asked her what are the forms to be filled I'll do it later. She was forcing me to right now then I disconnected the call saying I will let my attorney know to deal with this by calling CIC. Note that during this conversation call disconnected 3 times and the lady called me again and again. When she called me caller id didn't show up. It displayed as "Private Number".

cecjohn said:
Hi All,

It is fake they are trying to get money from you. My room mate got such type of call months ago and he agreed to pay money, but I told him its fake do not give any personal info to them nor money. When he was on call with that fake party I called CIC helpline from my phone and demonstrate the whole situation. The call centre agent told us that its fake and also encouraged us to file a complaint against them on RCMP website...

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Hi

Correct it is a fake call, people are trying to extract money from you.

If you search the forums there are other similar cases of this.

Thx

A

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
cecjohn said:
Hi All,

It's fake call, please report this to CIC also

please refer this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t173539.0.html

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YogeshPa said:
I am also waiting for my MR request as well.

I was asked to provide the employment ref. letter (28th July) and last 2 year's address history (Aug 20th)
I have provided them all these documents in addition to PCC clearance certficate. But still I haven't anything from them.
Its making me tense now. There is no clue or generic acknowledgement for emails.

And many are waiting for MRs from Nov/Dec/Jan applicants. Question here, do you think this delay is specific to certain NOC codes?
I do not think getting MR means you will get PR soon. Lots of people get MR early but take a long time to get ppr. Just relaxed and order GCMS notes to see what has happened.

lhyyym

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NIS said:
CIC asked me for additional documents(t4, notice of assessment and employment reference letter) on August 8th. I sent these documents on August 21st. I sent them thru e-mail as well as hard copies. Finally, I have received MR on September 6th.
In new brunswick, the earliest appointment for medical exam is available on 18th september. doctor asked me to bring passport, 3 copies of passport photo and $475 for the exam.
Anything else do I need to take with me?
Thanks in advance. :)
Hi friend, why did CIC request employment reference letter from you? Didn't you submit it with your application package or your original letter was not detailed enough?

kapil1974

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2014
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Decision Made -Feb 10 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 11 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 18 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 27 2014
alijumani said:
It is fake they are trying to get money from you. My room mate got such type of call months ago and he agreed to pay money, but I told him its fake do not give any personal info to them nor money. When he was on call with that fake party I called CIC helpline from my phone and demonstrate the whole situation. The call centre agent told us that its fake and also encouraged us to file a complaint against them on RCMP website...
All:

It has come to attention that work permit visa/PR Processing applicants are being contacted by scammers. They are calling the individual’s cell phone / office land line and indicating that a complaint for failure to update your alien registration number has been filed and you need to come outside of the office to meet the officer. They make you believe that this is not the first time they have tried to reach you to get your personal data and to correct this problem. However, it is all a scheme to frighten you into providing thousands of dollars to them. They even call you from a phone number that appears to be from a genuine Canada Government agencies like CRA / CIC. It is intended that the phone number and threat of police interaction will frighten you into doing things that are illogical and that will negatively impact your life. They will tell you that they are sending officer(s) to your apartment or office location and that you must stay on the call and should not involve any other person in this situation. They will then expect you to transfer money to them from your bank account. In general, if you are legitimately contacted by CIC / CRA / the police department, they will provide all proper identification (which can and should be verified) and they will not be asking money for a “security deposit”, fees for Background Verification, or money for any other reason. Please be sure to think logically in such a situation before acting upon such a demand.
How Can I Recognize a Scam?
1. It sounds too good to be true
You've won a big prize in a contest that you don't recall entering. You're offered a once-in-a-lifetime investment that offers a huge return. You're told that you can buy into a lottery ticket pool that cannot lose.
2. You must pay or you can't play
"You’re a winner!" but you must agree to send money to the caller in order to pay for delivery, processing, taxes, duties or some other fee in order to receive your prize. Sometimes the caller will even send a courier to pick up your money.
3. You must give them your private financial information
The caller asks for all your confidential banking and/or credit card information. Honest businesses do not require these details unless you are using that specific method of payment.
4. Will that be cash... or cash?
Often criminal telemarketers ask you to send cash or a money order, rather than a cheque or credit card. Cash is untraceable and can't be cancelled. And, crooks also have difficulty in establishing themselves as merchants with legitimate credit card companies.
5. The caller is more excited than you are
The crooks want to get you excited about this "opportunity" so that you won't be able to think clearly.
6. The manager is calling
The person calling claims to be a government official, tax officer, banking official, lawyer or some other person in authority. The person calls you by your first name and asks you a lot of personal or lifestyle questions (like how often do your grown children visit you).
7. The stranger calling wants to become your best friend
Criminals love finding out if you're lonely and willing to talk. Once they know that, they'll try to convince you that they are your friend – after all, we don't normally suspect our friends of being crooks.
8. It's a limited opportunity and you're going to miss out
If you are pressured to make a big purchase decision immediately, it's probably not a legitimate deal. Real businesses or charities will give you a chance to check them out or think about it.
What can I do to protect myself?
Remember, legitimate telemarketers have nothing to hide
However, criminals will say anything to part you from your hard-earned money.
Be cautious. You have the right to check out any caller by requesting written information, a call back number, references and time to think over the offer.
Legitimate business people will be happy to provide you with that information. After all, they want the "bad guys" out of business too. Always be careful about providing confidential personal information, especially banking or credit card details, unless you are certain the company is legitimate. And, if you have doubts about a caller, your best defense is to simply hang up. It's not rude – it's smart.
If you're in doubt, it's wise to ask the advice of a close friend or relative, or even your banker. Rely on people you can trust. Remember, you can Stop Phone Fraud - Just Hang Up!

Lessons to be learned:
(1) If anyone tells you that they are an officer and that you need to come and meet them, you should immediately contact Attorney/Local police station. If they have you on a call, you can always send an email marked urgent.
(2) Do not ever go to meet anyone outside the building, especially if you are alone. Be sure to always have others with you or better yet, don’t go at all.
(3) If someone ask you for your bank details, you should immediately become suspicious. Tell them you have an emergency and cannot remain on the line. Ask for a number where you can call them back.
(4) Once you terminate the call, contact the police and give them the information that you have been provided.
(5) If someone tells you they are with the Police Department, they should always give you a badge number, precinct information, and their full name. If you are seeing them in person, ask to see the badge and then call the precinct to verify that they are a truly a police officer. Do not be afraid to question their validity. The true policeman will understand and not be offended if you “check them out”. If they wish to meet you, give them the address of your local police station and request that they meet you there – you don’t have to tell them that it is the police station.
(6) NEVER go to an ATM or to the bank to remove ANY money, nor should you transfer funds to another person from your account. The CIC/ CRA/ police will not ask you for your banking details and will not ask you for money. This should be an automatic RED flag to you.
(7) Be sure that you are checking the internet for the various scams that are being perpetrated on individuals who are on work visas.

Pl use the below link to report any scam. We are continuing to get reports of such cases. Be aware! If a scam comes to you, be sure to report it immediately.

How To Report Fraud
It's not always easy to spot a scam, and new ones are invented every day. If you suspect that you may be a target of fraud, or if you have already sent funds, don't be embarrassed - you're not alone. If you want to report a fraud, or if you need more information, contact The Canadian Anti- Fraud Centre:
Ways to report fraud
The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC) has launched a new online reporting tool. In order to file an online report with the CAFC, users are now required to sign-in with a GCKey.
The new online reporting tool has a timeout feature that will log users out if there is no activity within the reporting application for 20 consecutive minutes. After 19 consecutive minutes a message will pop-up asking the user to reset their session timer for another 20 consecutive minutes or logout. If the user is logged out the information will be lost.
On-line: https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca
Toll Free: 1-888-495-8501
Toll Free Fax: 1-888-654-9426
Email: info@antifraudcentre.ca