App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
CIC will not call for a fresh Employment / Ref letter. They will decide on whatever docs are on file. Last 4-5 rejections posted on this forum have all been with the issue of Ref. letter / DR's. Just wish you get a VO who is considerate and understands your situation.
The requirement is for the letter to be issued by the Supervisor (no matter from the Headquarter or local store).

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy2109 said:
CIC will not call for a fresh Employment / Ref letter. They will decide on whatever docs are on file. Last 4-5 rejections posted on this forum have all been with the issue of Ref. letter / DR's. Just wish you get a VO who is considerate and understands your situation.
The requirement is for the letter to be issued by the Supervisor (no matter from the Headquarter or local store).
Andy is correct. If they do not have the letter and you have not provided enough supporting documentation to convince them otherwise, they will reject the application.

I would add however that the letter need not come from your direct supervisor. To provide a quote from the CEC checlist:-

"
- signed by the responsible officer/supervisor,
- have the printed name and title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature,"
"

So basically, anyone within the company who is in a position to write the letter can. Be it your direct supervisor, department manager, company director or HR.

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
Andy is correct. If they do not have the letter and you have not provided enough supporting documentation to convince them otherwise, they will reject the application.

I would add however that the letter need not come from your direct supervisor. To provide a quote from the CEC checlist:-

"
- signed by the responsible officer/supervisor,
- have the printed name and title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature,"
"

So basically, anyone within the company who is in a position to write the letter can. Be it your direct supervisor, department manager, company director or HR.
Well, first of all, the store will not write the letter since the company has specific HR department that issues the official employment letter. (sucks to work for corporate sometimes)

Secondly, my manager does not want anything to do with writing a letter on behalf of employee (even a reference letter or give a reference, although she was a landed immigrant long time ago as well.)

I've attached the manager's business card, but I don't think it's useful at all, since all the important letters including paystub and LMO comes from headquarter in Ontario.(store in BC)

We'll see how it goes, if they reject it, then I'd have to find some other way to tackle this.

I just read the posting about someone getting rejected after "updating" reference letter to CIC adding some info's regarding D&R. So, I don't want to create any fuss if unnecessary.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caribou said:
Well, first of all, the store will not write the letter since the company has specific HR department that issues the official employment letter. (sucks to work for corporate sometimes)

Secondly, my manager does not want anything to do with writing a letter on behalf of employee (even a reference letter or give a reference, although she was a landed immigrant long time ago as well.)

I've attached the manager's business card, but I don't think it's useful at all, since all the important letters including paystub and LMO comes from headquarter in Ontario.(store in BC)

We'll see how it goes, if they reject it, then I'd have to find some other way to tackle this.

I just read the posting about someone getting rejected after "updating" reference letter to CIC adding some info's regarding D&R. So, I don't want to create any fuss if unnecessary.
Keep reading. A whole lot more being rejected for providing what you have.

JBLoknath

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
To
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jul-2012
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2012
Med's Request
06-Apr-2013
Med's Done....
14-Apr-2013
Passport Req..
16-May-2013
Caribou said:
You are making a big mistake in interpreting this. Someone has NOT got rejected for "updating" reference letter to CIC adding some info's regarding D&R. The issue is: Updated letter should be in-line and follow the same NoC of your original letter. That was missed.
So, if you are sending updated documentation, consistency check is priority for you.

soccer_boy

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys sent my PCC yesterday but seems like they deliver to CIC alternate addr:Shipment delivered to xxxx at: ALT ADDR of CIC 365-219 LAURIER AVE K1P1A1

Does anyone else face same issue?

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Guys I want to send my latest NOA, but I don't know where my file is(which office )..can someone tell me where. Should I send it? And the email address also please. Thanks

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Yamahar1 said:
Guys I want to send my latest NOA, but I don't know where my file is(which office )..can someone tell me where. Should I send it? And the email address also please. Thanks
Did you get your AOR ?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yamahar1 said:
Yes I got my AOR. Please tell me should I send the new NOA now or wait until they ask.
Scan and e-mail NOA to: OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yamahar1 said:
But I owe cra $2600. Is it okay to send it without paying the dues?
Yes. They just want to know you have filed and that the taxes have been checked. There is no requirement to pay it before submitting for CIC.

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Are you sure bro? This can make or break my case. I don't have the money to pay the dues now,but I am planning to pay it in installments. I am really worried :'(orried...is there anyone who went through my situation?

ceeram

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
Doc's Request.
18-11-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-2013
LANDED..........
13-01-2014
Hello yamahar,

I am in the same situation that i did not send my NOA when i filed the application. Now I have the NOA and it shows that I owed CRA money. I paid the dues but still have not sent my NOA yet as my lawyer suggested that we could send it when if the CIC asks for it as we had already submitted paystubs, T4, employment reference letter and Resume.

So i plan to send them when they ask for it. Hope this helps.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ceeram said:
Hello yamahar,

I am in the same situation that i did not send my NOA when i filed the application. Now I have the NOA and it shows that I owed CRA money. I paid the dues but still have not sent my NOA yet as my lawyer suggested that we could send it when if the CIC asks for it as we had already submitted paystubs, T4, employment reference letter and Resume.

So i plan to send them when they ask for it. Hope this helps.
Holding off is a bad idea as they will not complete the processing of your app without a noa. Just send it.
The purpose of having the noa is so they know you are doing your taxes.