+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New CEC - Jan 2013 Applications

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can't apply any sooner than 4 months before its expiration date. So I would slowly start going over the document check list and see if there's anything you may want to get done now.

Manjot Singh 08

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,

My application was received on Jan 14, 2013 and the website still says "Application Received". Its been over 3 months and no change in the status.

Any ideas?

Thanks

bramble84

Oct 31, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/4/2013
AOR Received.
2/15/2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
10/12/2013
Med's Done....
10/17/2013
Interview........
No Interview Required
Passport Req..
No Request Required
VISA ISSUED...
11/18/2013
LANDED..........
11/22/2013
Thanks Whymee.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Manjot Singh 08 said:
Hi folks,

My application was received on Jan 14, 2013 and the website still says "Application Received". Its been over 3 months and no change in the status.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mine too.
I believe It's going to be like that for a while, until we start receiving something else like medical and/or doc request.

Manjot Singh 08

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karioca said:
Mine too.
I believe It's going to be like that for a while, until we start receiving something else like medical and/or doc request.
:) :) if medical comes, we will go for party!!

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Manjot Singh 08 said:
Hi folks,

Any ideas?

Thanks
Going by the current timelines, don't expect any change in status until July / Aug. MR is the next point.

Manjot Singh 08

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy2109 said:
Going by the current timelines, don't expect any change in status until July / Aug. MR is the next point.
and I was thinking I might get PR by Aug!!

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Manjot Singh 08 said:
and I was thinking I might get PR by Aug!!
As per the current timelines, if all things in order, expect completion of the entire PR process only by Nov/Dec.
11 months is a realistic timeframe.

anukapur9

Star Member
Nov 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
per on :20/04/2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
13/05/2011. 2 AOR on 29 may 2011 dated 17 may 2011 in process on 18-11-2011
Med's Request
march 19 2014
Med's Done....
MEDICAL DONE 0N 03 APRIL '14 medical receive line in cease on 11 april 2014
Passport Req..
march 19 2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-1014
hi im currently working on workpermit in canada from oct 1 2012. as a cook.
i had also worked for the same company as a cook from july 2008 to jan 2009.
i just want to know that im eligble to apply under canadian experience class now.

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Friends, I. Have not sent the NOA with my application, do they ask for it? is it okay if we don't send it? Don't they have the information?or is it better to send it through email?
Also in my NOA,it shows I owe like 2.5k to the government (god knows why..but may be due to 2jobs). :(..and I didn't pay a penny yet? Is it okay to submit it without paying the dues?

Thanks.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yamahar1 said:
Friends, I. Have not sent the NOA with my application, do they ask for it? is it okay if we don't send it? Don't they have the information?or is it better to send it through email?
Also in my NOA,it shows I owe like 2.5k to the government (god knows why..but may be due to 2jobs). :(..and I didn't pay a penny yet? Is it okay to submit it without paying the dues?

Thanks.
It is mandatory to send the most recent NOA copy to CIC along with your application. If you did not have a NOA when you applied, you can always email a copy of it to CIC after you receive your AOR. There is no way that CIC can pull your tax related details as that is the job of CRA and not CIC. I suggest that you pay off the money which you owe to CIC and as a proof of it just write a covering letter and attach the receipt of payment along with your NOA copy.

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Thanks a lot buddy. One more thing.,the amount on the NOA doesn't match the one on t4 because I was doing 2 jobs last year. So do I have to explain that too?

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Yamahar1 said:
Thanks a lot buddy. One more thing.,the amount on the NOA doesn't match the one on t4 because I was doing 2 jobs last year. So do I have to explain that too?
If the difference is small, you need not. But if the amount differs in big value between your NOA and T4... always good to explain.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Folks,

Learning for the day
Anyone planning to submit a fresh employment / reference letter for application already submitted, make sure your new letter is consistent with the old one and you are only detailing further (more elaborately) your duties / responsibilities listed in the old letter. If you are planning to tweak or add to the list, double check if it belongs to the same NOC code. Otherwise, you are inviting trouble.

With my application (submitted in Jan), I included a write up of my D&R's because my employer refused to include it in the Ref. letter. Later I was able to convince my Supervisor and got a new Ref. letter.
But I insisted for the D&R's to be exactly word by word the same as I had submitted earlier to CIC. Just to avoid any contradiction later.

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy2109 said:
Folks,

Learning for the day
Anyone planning to submit a fresh employment / reference letter for application already submitted, make sure your new letter is consistent with the old one and you are only detailing further (more elaborately) your duties / responsibilities listed in the old letter. If you are planning to tweak or add to the list, double check if it belongs to the same NOC code. Otherwise, you are inviting trouble.

With my application (submitted in Jan), I included a write up of my D&R's because my employer refused to include it in the Ref. letter. Later I was able to convince my Supervisor and got a new Ref. letter.
But I insisted for the D&R's to be exactly word by word the same as I had submitted earlier to CIC. Just to avoid any contradiction later.
So, you sent the letter without the request from the CIC?

My company refused to write the D&R in LOE as well since they(HR department that only deals with employment letters) said they can only issue a "standard" LOE for ALL employees and cannot change the format of the letter.

I added a page regarding D&R, but I wasn't sure if you could add this AFTER you submitted the application.

I thought about having my manager at local store write a letter, but I wasn't sure how "credible" it will sound because it's not from the headquarter (The store even refused to write the letter since they wouldn't handle employment letter with wages on it at local level)

Sometimes it sucks to work for big corporate since lots of things are fixed and cannot do what CIC requires... sigh...