12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
needscoffee said:
I think Canada is getting more strict when it comes to health care profession. do you have your NCLEX already?
i don't have NCLEX yet. i don't think i need it at this point.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
You can give IELTS at any time if applying for CNO.

BB_keina said:
I am planning to be assessed by NNAS this year. I have a question:

Do I need to pass my documents for assessment together with IELTS? or I can pass IELTS later on when I am near in CNO registration.

Thank you.

Hila

Feb 28, 2017
BB_keina said:
I am planning to be assessed by NNAS this year. I have a question:

Do I need to pass my documents for assessment together with IELTS? or I can pass IELTS later on when I am near in CNO registration.

Thank you.
NNAS didn't touch my "ready to review" documents until they received my language test results.

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
Hila said:
NNAS didn't touch my "ready to review" documents until they received my language test results.
same on my application. IELTS/CELBAN should be completed first so the NNAS will continue the process. You also have to consider that CELBAN is just valid for 2 years.

Hila

Feb 28, 2017
needscoffee said:
same on my application. IELTS/CELBAN should be completed first so the NNAS will continue the process. You also have to consider that CELBAN is just valid for 2 years.
that's right. Besides this is direct quote from CRNBC >>
About English tests

IELTS and CELBAN are the two tests accepted by CRNBC.
The scores listed are the minimum scores we can accept.
Results from combined tests are not accepted.
You must submit an application within six months of the test date.

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
orichy said:
My final documents were received by NNAS a few days ago, I am also applying to Alberta.
Two syllabi for two separate programs completed at the same institution were submitted at the same time. The RN syllabus changed to 'ready for evaluation' within a few days of receipt, but the other is still 'waiting for authentication'. I didnt expect any of them to be ready so soon, but I thought it strange that as they are coming from the exact institution that one was authenticated so soon, while the other is yet to be. This is the only doc am waiting on now before actual processing begins.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Are you sure you are talking about CNO ?

I got my report back in Jun 2016 without IELTS & CNO is under progress & still IELTS is not blocker

Hila said:

needscoffee

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
canada11 said:

I got my report back in Jun 2016 without IELTS & CNO is under progress & still IELTS is not blocker
now i'm getting confused.. I am applying from Alberta. but I think in the first step it doesn't matter what province you're applying, because you have to apply in NNAS first right? then after that to the province where you intend to apply.
the NNAS will not proceed until you complete their requirements, wherein IELTS/CELBAN is one of them.
In my case, all my documents was completed except for the English Language Exam. since it's hard to get a schedule test date (because it's always fully booked) for CELBAN I waited almost 4months just to take the exam. So NNAS did not proceed my papers to "READY FOR REVIEW" until they get my CELBAN result (Listening 10 Reading 8 Speaking 8 and Writing 7, you should get that passing rate atleast)
when they got my CELBAN result that's the time they started to process my documents.

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
CNO will process everything, even writing the exam just that you will not get your license from them till you submit your IELTS results. Or able to use one of the other options to prove your English proficiency.

needscoffee said:
now i'm getting confused.. I am applying from Alberta. but I think in the first step it doesn't matter what province you're applying, because you have to apply in NNAS first right? then after that to the province where you intend to apply.
the NNAS will not proceed until you complete their requirements, wherein IELTS/CELBAN is one of them.
In my case, all my documents was completed except for the English Language Exam. since it's hard to get a schedule test date (because it's always fully booked) for CELBAN I waited almost 4months just to take the exam. So NNAS did not proceed my papers to "READY FOR REVIEW" until they get my CELBAN result (Listening 10 Reading 8 Speaking 8 and Writing 7, you should get that passing rate atleast)
when they got my CELBAN result that's the time they started to process my documents.

Hila

Feb 28, 2017
canada11 said:

I am in BC... it's about CRNBC ... but not sure if the NNAS protocols differs by province. If it does, I am not aware of.

Hila

Feb 28, 2017
iblessed said:
CNO will process everything, even writing the exam just that you will not get your license from them till you submit your IELTS results. Or able to use one of the other options to prove your English proficiency.
I had heard CNO is more easy-going than some other provinces but I didn't think this much more. CRNBC is very strict. I'd say too strict.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hila said:
I am in BC... it's about CRNBC ... but not sure if the NNAS protocols differs by province. If it does, I am not aware of.
NNAS process is the exact same across the country, as the NNAS assessment takes place before one is even able to apply to a licensing body. Not sure about the variation in strictness across provinces, but there is variation across provinces in how the licensing bodies decide to deal with those who are "non-comparable" or those who are "somewhat comparable". I do know that the assessment for those who are deemed "non-comparable" by NNAS (which is most applicants) costs $500 in Ontario and beginning in June, will cost $1900 in Alberta. The assessment is pretty much the exact same.

Legentellison

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Soooo.....after a long wait after i was suppose to get me report...i kept calling only to be told they would email or call me. Today i finally called. I was told that my transcript has some issues so im yet to receive an email though to say exactly what...im at the point where i am just fed up....in my assessment online profile it said my documents met every requirement so im a little confused and angry even confuse to say the least....

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hila said:
I had heard CNO is more easy-going than some other provinces but I didn't think this much more. CRNBC is very strict. I'd say too strict.
I do know that CNO has been making US-educated nurses do the IENCAP exam, and that there was at least one applicant on another forum who was educated in India and received "non-comparable" who was allowed by CRNBC to pass through and get a license without any further assessment. How NNAS results are handled isn't uniform across provinces at all.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Legentellison said:
Soooo.....after a long wait after i was suppose to get me report...i kept calling only to be told they would email or call me. Today i finally called. I was told that my transcript has some issues so im yet to receive an email though to say exactly what...im at the point where i am just fed up....in my assessment online profile it said my documents met every requirement so im a little confused and angry even confuse to say the least....
Unfortunately this is not uncommon. You are doing the right thing though, not giving up on calling. I have found the only way to get answers is to call and call and call. There have been some people who have finally spoken to managers and then the next day all of a sudden their Advisory Report was ready. You will not get anywhere with NNAS unless you advocate for yourself--some people who didn't speak up waited over a year. It's too bad they didn't let you know sooner because if there is some other document you could be collecting to have sent in, you could have been doing that while waiting. I hope the let you know what the issue is soon.