+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP Application 2012

expatinchina

Jun 24, 2012
cardinal11 said:
so far we don't consider NBI, SSS or passport as national ID in the Phils...I think photocopy of passport will suffice, then if you are working overseas, a copy of your working visa should be provided during the application/submission.

@cardinal11:

ahhhh...and to think we flew back to Manila, queued-up for >5hours just to get NBI and have my SSS ID updated (from single to married)...passport copy is enough pala :eek:

synergize101

Jun 24, 2012
I am confused :-\

There are two (2) websites with a little difference in requirements for the MPNP:

1) cic.gc.ca (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
- page 10/40 of IMM P7000 (Application for Permanent Residence - PNP) requires addt'l forms (i.e. IMM 5562, 5604, 5409, 5620, 5690)
- page 33/40 requires inclusion of processing fees with the application
- page 40/40 requires immigration photos

2) immigratemanitoba. com
- MPNP Mail Application Kit requires lesser forms needed
- no processing fees needed with the application
- no immigration photos required

Please advise which one to use? TIA

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
synergize101 said:
I am confused :-\

There are two (2) websites with a little difference in requirements for the MPNP:

1) cic.gc.ca (Citizenship and Immigration Canada)
- page 10/40 of IMM P7000 (Application for Permanent Residence - PNP) requires addt'l forms (i.e. IMM 5562, 5604, 5409, 5620, 5690)
- page 33/40 requires inclusion of processing fees with the application
- page 40/40 requires immigration photos

2) immigratemanitoba. com
- MPNP Mail Application Kit requires lesser forms needed
- no processing fees needed with the application
- no immigration photos required

Please advise which one to use? TIA
@synergize101: It is important to note that going through the provincial route (PNP) requires you to abide by the requirements of the province. Manitoba Immigration sets it own rules which you have to adhere to in order to be nominated as a provincial nominee for permanent resident. So my advise is abide by all the rules and requirements of Manitoba Immigration.

After getting your letter of approval (LOA) or as some will call it your Nomination Certificate, you will file an application to the Federal Government of Canada which is represented by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in Nova Scotia.

So in a nutshell, rule 1: Obey all the requirements of Manitoba and will get your LOA and rule 2: After getting your LOA, obey all the requirements of CIC as contained in the website cic.gc.ca, when you are applying for the permanent resident which is the final stage of the whole process.

Hope the explanation is explicit enough ;D ;D ;D

zealotzealot

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi dear,
thanks a lot for helping me
i hope same in future also.

Tweety05 said:
Hello :)

For those who got their AORs and waiting for the interview, here's the post from BK from page 22 of this thread. This will help us a lot.

Dear All,

Here are some possible QUESTIONS for the sponsors/applicant when the MPNP Program officer conducts an interview:
A. How and when did you meet each other? What is the real name of the applicant/sponsor? (nicknames too)
B. How long did you know each other or what is your relationship with your sponsor?
C. When was the last time you talked to your Sponsor/ Applicant or have a communication with them?
D. When was the last time you saw your Sponsor/ Applicant?
E. Is your sponsors related to each other? What can you say about your sponsor A? Sponsor B?
F. What is his/her current work, current position? Current addresses?
G. How about their family composition regarding the sponsor/applicant, civil status?
H. What is the name of their parents (in cases were sponsors are siblings).
I. Are you sure you will not transfer to other province once given a Letter of Approval?
J. Are you aware of the consequences to you and your Sponsors once you leave or didn't settle at all in Manitoba?
K. Is your sponsor willing to help you in your settlement plan to Manitoba?
L. What are the possible things that your sponsor can offer or help you when you arrive?
M. What do you know about Manitoba? (If you can state some facts regarding weather, environment or maybe events/holidays )
N. How long you want to stay in Manitoba?
O. Do you have relatives/friends in other province aside from Manitoba?
P. Do you think you can easily find a job in Manitoba and why? What are the websites you are using to find available jobs in MB? Can you site some companies that you remember?

Just a friendly reminder, just tell the truth, no need to lie, if you don't know the answer just say so. Stay calm and don't panic, please answer in a polite manner as they seem to have a habit of going back and forth on the same questions. Goodluck!!!

Thanks to everstranger35 for the idea.

Regards
BK

Tweety05

Champion Member
Dec 17, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
Doc's Request.
none yet
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Med's Request
22-02-2013
Med's Done....
26-02-2013
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2013
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
hastalavista19 said:
SO it means that the applicant will be interviwed too?
As far as I know, according to the forums I read, SOME (not ALL) applicants are being interviewed right after the sponsor's interview especially to those who are under general stream. I would suggest to review the questions so that whether we will be interviewed or not at least we are prepared :)

Tweety05

Champion Member
Dec 17, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
Doc's Request.
none yet
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Med's Request
22-02-2013
Med's Done....
26-02-2013
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2013
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
OLANZKY:

Congratulations to your AOR :) Good luck to your IELTS. God bless

mongadeep

Oct 22, 2011
Quick Question reg MAS-what soild reason should be given as to why mt friend is supporting me? under General Stream- I have friends ready to sign but they do not know what and how to write the correct wording to express rhier reasoning Can any one help ?

synergize101

Jun 24, 2012
Emperor said:
@ synergize101: It is important to note that going through the provincial route (PNP) requires you to abide by the requirements of the province. Manitoba Immigration sets it own rules which you have to adhere to in order to be nominated as a provincial nominee for permanent resident. So my advise is abide by all the rules and requirements of Manitoba Immigration.

After getting your letter of approval (LOA) or as some will call it your Nomination Certificate, you will file an application to the Federal Government of Canada which is represented by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in Nova Scotia.

So in a nutshell, rule 1: Obey all the requirements of Manitoba and will get your LOA and rule 2: After getting your LOA, obey all the requirements of CIC as contained in the website cic.gc.ca, when you are applying for the permanent resident which is the final stage of the whole process.

Hope the explanation is explicit enough ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for the quick response emperor!

So in your case, you did not send pictures, application fees, NBI clearance yet?

cardinal11

Nov 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2012
Nomination.....
19-12-2012 (LOA)
AOR Received.
12-06-2013 (CIO)
File Transfer...
18-04-2013 CIO-NS
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Passport Req..
06-11-2013 (submitted January 03,2014)
VISA ISSUED...
Passport with visa on January 15, 2014
LANDED..........
March 2014
mongadeep said:
Quick Question reg MAS-what soild reason should be given as to why mt friend is supporting me? under General Stream- I have friends ready to sign but they do not know what and how to write the correct wording to express rhier reasoning Can any one help ?
it seems that you are referring to part 3 of MAS...if so, the question is simple and your sponsors should only express ' HOW THEY KNEW YOU AS THEIR FRIEND...probably how long you've been acquainted or related with each other'... the second one talks about ' WHY THEY ARE SUPPORTING YOU...again as your friends it is but natural to show you their concern and eventually support your desire to live in Canada'...i sensed that the MPNP office will concentrate more on the first aspect...so you should establish your long relationship and ties with them which will also be asked/answered in other forms, one way or another...just be true ! ;)

Krishnasvmohan

May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manitoba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may-09-2012
Nomination.....
November
AOR Received.
feb-22-2013
Hello All,

I had a call with the MPNP office yesterday.

They have started processing for the February 4th week applications for 2012.

As we know, if the documents are perfect, the online applicants will get there AOR immediately. For others, they will have to manually enter the details and once the database generates aknowledgement, they will have to take it send it through the physical mail.

So people who applied directly may need to wait untill the AOR reaches through mail to there correspondance address given in the application. More over, if the communication address provided is an another country, obviously it is gng to take long time.

They have received lots of applications through mail for the month of February and that is the reason for the delay for the people who applied directly to the MPNP office.

We can wait and see..
Krishna

cardinal11

Nov 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2012
Nomination.....
19-12-2012 (LOA)
AOR Received.
12-06-2013 (CIO)
File Transfer...
18-04-2013 CIO-NS
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2014
synergize101 said:

So in your case, you did not send pictures, application fees, NBI clearance yet?
@synergize101
you dont need to provide the actual photos, you may scan each one (pls make it on the center, clear, actual size, not zoom) then submit with your MPNP application documents...fees are not required during MPNP application...NBI clearance is not required either at this stage...probably later when they ask or it could be a police clearance which is according to their standard format.. ;)

biddukhan

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
Nomination.....
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
26-02-2013 ( Received status on online status) 17-11-2013 ( In process status) 17-11-2013 ( Background declaration form asked again) 26-11-2013 (submitted form again)
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013 ( Received status on online status)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-07-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
Krishnasvmohan said:
Hello All,

As we know, if the documents are perfect, the online applicants will get there AOR immediately. For others, they will have to manually enter the details and once the database generates aknowledgement, they will have to take it send it through the physical mail.

So people who applied directly may need to wait untill the AOR reaches through mail to there correspondance address given in the application. More over, if the communication address provided is an another country, obviously it is gng to take long time.

They have received lots of applications through mail for the month of February and that is the reason for the delay for the people who applied directly to the MPNP office.

We can wait and see..
Krishna
Great ! thanks for the valuable updates.

Regards
BK

cardinal11

Nov 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2012
Nomination.....
19-12-2012 (LOA)
AOR Received.
12-06-2013 (CIO)
File Transfer...
18-04-2013 CIO-NS
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2014
Krishnasvmohan said:
Hello All,

We can wait and see..
Krishna
@Krishna
Good job folk..kindly do it next week again...hehehehe...'bit excited huh ! ;)

Emperor

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. Filed for MPNP Nomination: 20 Apr 2012; App. Filed After Nomination to CIC Nova Scotia: 28 Nov 2012; Credit card Charged: 07 Jan 2013
Nomination.....
Nomination from MPNP: 30 Sep 2012
AOR Received.
AOR from CIC Nova Scotia: 21 Jan 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application to CIC
Med's Request
13 Feb. 2013; RPRF Request: 13 Feb. 2013 and Payment Received By Accra VO: 22 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
23 Feb. 2013, E-cas: Medical Received: 25 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-Aug-2013
LANDED..........
14-Dec-2013
synergize101 said:

I applied through the strategic initiative stream and did submit my application online. So the issue of picture, application fees, police clearance or NBI clearance as you have in your country did not apply to me.

Regards.