+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Kizwilty

Jan 3, 2024
Everything went silent. I think the Missi office is on a sabbatical. Honestly guys just go on with your day to day lives. its what am doing otherwise i would be depressed.

crossiwre

Jan 11, 2019
I helped a friend with their application and we are checking on here for updates. The test was done n competed mid June and it was from Mississauga office. I assume that’s where the file is? Wonder if there is a fall date for oath ceremony so they are waiting to group ppl into that one event and then send invites.

crossiwre

Jan 11, 2019
Same, I was Mississauga but had my interview in Scarborough. From the GCMS notes I got in April though, it seems that the application is still with Mississauga office.
hi, Debby25 what was the interview about in terms of what they ask and who gets called for it? Curious on that.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I helped a friend with their application and we are checking on here for updates. The test was done n competed mid June and it was from Mississauga office. I assume that’s where the file is? Wonder if there is a fall date for oath ceremony so they are waiting to group ppl into that one event and then send invites.
there are oath events like every week, test doesn't dictate when you get oath. it is whenever you have everything completed and they decide to schedule you.

Reactions: crossiwre

Debby25

Apr 12, 2017
hi, Debby25 what was the interview about in terms of what they ask and who gets called for it? Curious on that.
Hi! They checked my IDs, passports and asked me some general questions (like how I became PR for example). They also verified my physical presence since I travelled outside Canada quite a few times during the eligibility period.

Prior the pandemic everyone had to attend an interview, now only some people. I guess if you apply with just the bare minimum of days or you travelled a lot, the chances to be called for an interview are higher. There could be other reasons though!

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hi! They checked my IDs, passports and asked me some general questions (like how I became PR for example). They also verified my physical presence since I travelled outside Canada quite a few times during the eligibility period.

Prior the pandemic everyone had to attend an interview, now only some people. I guess if you apply with just the bare minimum of days or you travelled a lot, the chances to be called for an interview are higher. There could be other reasons though!
I think they are just slowly trying to bring it back. just like with the in-person oath ceremonies. i have about over 4 years of days o_O towards my presence and never travelled.. but i am requested for inperson interview. also someone said on a forum they asked why they were selected for inperson oath and the agent told them if you live near where they do oaths there is possiilty of being selected to attend one inperson now.

Debby25

Apr 12, 2017
I think they are just slowly trying to bring it back. just like with the in-person oath ceremonies. i have about over 4 years of days o_O towards my presence and never travelled.. but i am requested for inperson interview. also someone said on a forum they asked why they were selected for inperson oath and the agent told them if you live near where they do oaths there is possiilty of being selected to attend one inperson now.
Oh I see! Good luck with the interview (if you haven’t done it already!)

Reactions: Yuki.03