+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
I have been stuck at background check since April. I called IRCC and they mentioned that the normal processing time does not apply for non-routine applications. What else can be done?
Hi KYoussef, just curious where you are from? I think some certain people are getting extra scrutiny over others.

jsbach

Star Member
Apr 10, 2024
Now that you are over 8 months, you could try call again or raise a new WebForm. Unfortunately, in my situation, nothing helped expedite the process. From my last conversation with IRCC agent, they were doing the final “security checks” and when they got completed (after 7 months from LPP) I got my oath within 10 days.
I called IRCC and a lady kindly sent the notes to IRCC office 2 weeks ago, but so far nothing changed.

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
Hi @nmdemp - my ceremony was last Friday, July 19th!! I’m finally a Canadian Citizen and I will apply for passport by end of this week.

I appreciate you checking in :)

Have you received your passport already? I heard offices are backlogged and it can take a few months to receive it.
Congrats againnnnnn. I’m in Europe for vacation already. I applied for an emergency passport. Took for a day. I suggest you to go Hamilton. If you apply for express you could get in 2 days. They are very nice people

Debby25

Apr 12, 2017
Congrats againnnnnn. I’m in Europe for vacation already. I applied for an emergency passport. Took for a day. I suggest you to go Hamilton. If you apply for express you could get in 2 days. They are very nice people
That’s awesome!! Enjoy your time in Europe!

I heard that outside the GTA is faster, but it’s hard for me since I don’t have a car. I went to the passport centre yesterday and I should be getting it in 20 days approximately. I don’t have any travel plans till December so I should be good!

Reactions: nmdemp

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I just received my GCMS notes. In the notes, there is a sentence added "Client has a pending clearances". Also in the security section, "Security: 1" is removed.

Does anyone know what it means?

jsbach

Star Member
Apr 10, 2024
Crazy it took 5 months after LPP. Was the application in security screening?
Nope. They threw my application from MIS to SCR and also they forgot to deal with my kid’s application until I complained several times. You can’t rely on those Incompetent officers and you have to push harder whenever you find your application stuck.

Reactions: Sugar2016 and Rasha

trackerCan-Cit

Feb 29, 2024
Hey everyone! A quick FYI: Our tracker now lets you compare timelines by processing office (and uses AI to identify bottlenecks reported by our users). There are 220+ users and we’d love more Mississauga applicants from April, May, and June to join as it's literally one of the busiest offices. Link here if you're interested.

Reactions: geoxkai

crossiwre

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Hey everyone! A quick FYI: Our tracker now lets you compare timelines by processing office (and uses AI to identify bottlenecks reported by our users). There are 220+ users and we’d love more Mississauga applicants from April, May, and June to join as it's literally one of the busiest offices. Link here if you're interested.
The Mississauga office was fast for my partner in 4.5 months from application in March to certificate received end of July. Your March cohort on the site is right on point with the days.

trackerCan-Cit

Feb 29, 2024
Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully as more people sign up the insights get even more precise! (and congrats on your partners citizenship grant - they moved pretty quickly with it!)
The Mississauga office was fast for my partner in 4.5 months from application in March to certificate received end of July. Your March cohort on the site is right on point with the days.

neocanx

Aug 14, 2024
Hello, how are the March 2024 applicants?

My timeline:
March 2024 - submitted, AOR
March 2024 - Background check completed
July 2024 - test Invitation
July 2024 - Test taken
August 2024 - Citizenship test updated to completed

Waiting for LPP.

neocanx

Aug 14, 2024
Hi all, I notice my email is from DN SCR, is that means my office in Scarborough? We sign in Mississauga and as resident. Thank you.

Reactions: Yuki.03