+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Kizwilty

Jan 3, 2024
So guys,
i have received an email from the registrar of Canadian citizenship with a document having link to download my citizenship e certificate. However this said my tracker is still the same "Oath ceremony not started" and no schedule sent yet. Advice if anyone has experienced this before.

Debby25

Apr 12, 2017
After 4 months of waiting, i received an update this morning, citizenship oath in progress 18 July. Oath scheduled for July 31. Good luck to everyone else waiting for the oath.
Congratulations!! It seems that online applications get the instructions on how to download the certificate before the official invitation. The wait is almost over :) All the best!

Reactions: Kizwilty

Stargirl24

May 26, 2023
Hi all, I got an email with my oath ceremony today. I got the email from Scarborough office for a virtual ceremony. I applied April 2023 and got my Lpp May 18th. My tracker has not changed. I wish you all the best this process was long and stressful all we could do is wait!

jsbach

Star Member
Apr 10, 2024
It has reached to 8 months of processing for me now and I tried webform, MP mailing and IRCC agents but I am still stuck in Oath schedule for almost 5 months since all green. what can I do? any suggestions?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
It has reached to 8 months of processing for me now and I tried webform, MP mailing and IRCC agents but I am still stuck in Oath schedule for almost 5 months since all green. what can I do? any suggestions?
Do you know your processing office? Sending an email to the Oath Scheduling email address for your processing office helps.

Before Oath schedule many times the application goes for a final review and it gets stuck, you can apply for GCMS notes to see if that's the case.

jsbach

Star Member
Apr 10, 2024
Do you know your processing office? Sending an email to the Oath Scheduling email address for your processing office helps.

Before Oath schedule many times the application goes for a final review and it gets stuck, you can apply for GCMS notes to see if that's the case.
Thanks, It is MIS office and I got the msg from that oath mail address, saying I am in the queue of oath schedule but it has been two months and nothing changed.

jsbach

Star Member
Apr 10, 2024
I think they end up putting our applications at different oath locations, My oath invite was from Calgary
what is your timeline please? I checked the ATIP notes, granted on April 26 and then nothing happened ever since. Office still shows MIS. BTW, I am with my kid .

Debby25

Apr 12, 2017
@Debby25 when is your ceremony? I’m going to pop a champagne for you :))
Hi @nmdemp - my ceremony was last Friday, July 19th!! I’m finally a Canadian Citizen and I will apply for passport by end of this week.

I appreciate you checking in :)

Have you received your passport already? I heard offices are backlogged and it can take a few months to receive it.

Debby25

Apr 12, 2017
Now that you are over 8 months, you could try call again or raise a new WebForm. Unfortunately, in my situation, nothing helped expedite the process. From my last conversation with IRCC agent, they were doing the final “security checks” and when they got completed (after 7 months from LPP) I got my oath within 10 days.

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I have been stuck at background check since April. I called IRCC and they mentioned that the normal processing time does not apply for non-routine applications. What else can be done?