Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Two first names! Wow!
I think most people have two last names here and they just chose whichever they want to go by! People always look at me weird here whe I tell them I only have one last name LOL. And then they always call me by my middle when they see it on my papers because here people go by both their first names!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Oh and while we are on the topic of names...I was wondering something about eCas.

I see that some people can check eCas with the applicant´s name. So if the applicant has 2 surnames, then which one do you put it to log into ecas? or do you put both? I have tried all combinations of this and it hasn´t worked!

margarita esperanza

Apr 26, 2012
I have an Update: June 6, 2012 Passport REQUEST!!!

We just checked our email and there is is! I am soooo happy! I can hardly believe we are moving to Canada together! I'm so glad I bought the cheap tickets! LOL

I think there's a few more on their way really soon! A few of you are in almost exactly the same timeline as us...go check your email!! Suerte!!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Nessa said:
I know!! the names are so confusing!!

I had a hard time deciding what to do when I got married, I just ended up keeping my last name! I am really not a fan of the ¨de¨ thing. Makes me feel like I am someone´s property lol!

Maybe once I go back to Canada I will change it...or maybe not :p I feel like most women in Mexico don´t even change their names when they get married anyways.
Ya I could not do the "de" thing. I did want to change my name but it didn't go as planned. I do like that all 3 of us have the same last name. Well last names. LOL.

I didn't realize Mexican women didn't change their names! I do miss my maiden name sometimes. And I don't mind when former students see me and call me Miss J****! =)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Nessa said:
Oh and while we are on the topic of names...I was wondering something about eCas.

I see that some people can check eCas with the applicant´s name. So if the applicant has 2 surnames, then which one do you put it to log into ecas? or do you put both? I have tried all combinations of this and it hasn´t worked!
It just needs to match what you put as the last name on the paperwork.

file number + applicant's info should work

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
margarita esperanza said:

We just checked our email and there is is! I am soooo happy! I can hardly believe we are moving to Canada together! I'm so glad I bought the cheap tickets! LOL

I think there's a few more on their way really soon! A few of you are in almost exactly the same timeline as us...go check your email!! Suerte!!!
That is SO EXCITING!! Yay for you!!

Margarita, can you type up your Mexico timeline for us? There is nothing in your profile. Thanks!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012

YAY! Congrats! I am sooo happy for you!! When did you send in your PGR?

margarita esperanza

Apr 26, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
That is SO EXCITING!! Yay for you!!

Margarita, can you type up your Mexico timeline for us? There is nothing in your profile. Thanks!
THANKS so much!!

OK! I think it's on that spreadsheet, but here it is off the top of my head:

App received in Mississauga: Sept 30
Meds Done: Sept 5
Sponsorship approved: December 7th ish
AOR: January 26 (although our file on eCas said Feb 8th)
Police Certificated submitted: March 26th
RPRF requested April 19th
PPR June 6th
We have tickets already to land June 29th
:D

margarita esperanza

Apr 26, 2012
Nessa said:

We are able to check with my husband's name (the applicant), and I always use both surnames.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
lol thanks mc1234 :)

Chuladaa said:
Hahahahaha thanks for your post it gave me a good laugh! Your dad did well!! :)
Well I'm glad we have a guy here I tried to get my husband on but he took one look got confused and that was the end of that.. I will get him on the next time I'm in Mexico forsure!!
Where from mexico are you from??
I was born and raised in Tijuana, but have been living in Mexico City while my application is in process (2 1/2 years now!) I gotta say I like Mexico City a lot, this place is a monster, in both a good and bad way.

And regarding names/last names, my only name is Edgar and I obviously have two last names, my dad never gave me a second name because he says those are reserved for cheap soap opera characters! LOL!

I hate having two last names, it's so annoying when I can't fill out forms in Canada without having to draw extra squares so my name fits, and it infuriates me that they use my first last name as my middle name or that they put a hyphen between them.

I checked how I can change them in Canada, and I found out that the rules vary depending on your province of residence, but for the most part you have to have lived in said province for a year as a citizen so that would mean 4 or 5 years after I move back :( I don't want to wait that long. I wonder if there are special rules for recently landed immigrants...

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Thank you!!

The PGR was received on March 26 at the embassy which was the last day of the 30 days they gave us...cut it a little close!
Congratulations margarita!!!!!! ;D

So about two months and a half for PPR. Interesting. :)

margarita esperanza

Apr 26, 2012
edgarsitow said:
Congratulations margarita!!!!!! ;D

So about two months and a half for PPR. Interesting. :)
Thank you! Well I think it was delayed by about a month to be honest because of some mis-communication about our payment of RPRF. At first I had no idea we had to pay again after the Processing Fee and so they asked us to send the receipt of the RPRF and I sent the receipt of the Processing Fee. Of course it takes them 2 weeks to reply so we got the next email, realized we made a mistake, paid right away, and sent the emails to the 2 offices with the receipt. Then 2 weeks later, we got an email, in red it said, you must send to this email address: with the email of the Mississauga office, as if we had never sent it there. But I checked back in the previous emails and sure enough, we had sent it and followed the directions, but I guess they got confused...anyway, we sent it AGAIN, and 2 weeks later, PPR!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Thank you! Well I think it was delayed by about a month to be honest because of some mis-communication about our payment of RPRF. At first I had no idea we had to pay again after the Processing Fee and so they asked us to send the receipt of the RPRF and I sent the receipt of the Processing Fee. Of course it takes them 2 weeks to reply so we got the next email, realized we made a mistake, paid right away, and sent the emails to the 2 offices with the receipt. Then 2 weeks later, we got an email, in red it said, you must send to this email address: with the email of the Mississauga office, as if we had never sent it there. But I checked back in the previous emails and sure enough, we had sent it and followed the directions, but I guess they got confused...anyway, we sent it AGAIN, and 2 weeks later, PPR!
Interesting. Well I've decided that I'm going to give them two months. If after two months I haven't heard anything. I'm gonna start sending them emails. Today is officially a week since I handed everything they asked for. :)

margarita esperanza

Apr 26, 2012
edgarsitow said:
Interesting. Well I've decided that I'm going to give them two months. If after two months I haven't heard anything. I'm gonna start sending them emails. Today is officially a week since I handed everything they asked for. :)
Sounds fair!! I am sure it shouldn`t be too much longer...all the best to you!!!