Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
May it be super-duper fast!
I never heard back on my two. First was a question and second was scanned evidence of my move back to Canada.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
tsjunx said:
Hi everyone!!

OMG OMG!! I'm shaking!!! Just received AOR from Mexico AND!! request for police certificates and also the pics I forgot to include in the original package!!! I can't believe it I'm in shock!!!

Does anyone know if it means they have waived the interview???
That's awesome! Not sure about the interview.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsjunx said:
Thank you!!! The applicant is in Mexico I filled out one of the representatives form and put my address, I'm guessing I should've left the Mexico one on, oh well... I won't request the notes, it's not fair for others like u mentioned just to fulfill my curiosity hehe. I've been reading through the posts about the police certs, is there a way to get the federal one without the letter?
Oh, ok. If the applicant was in Canada, you might have been able to get a letter from the Mexican Embassy in Canada but it looks like you're going to need to wait to receive the one from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico that's on its way. I've never heard of them giving out a duplicate since they eventually seem to arrive; the PGR needs an original request letter from a government entity (Mexican or foreign) to issue either the 'certificado de antecedentes penales' if you are in Mexico or the 'informe de datos registrales' if you are overseas.

The applicant will need to get the SSP police record too (in person or through a direct family member in Mexico City) so depending on where the applicant is (are you the applicant or the sponsor?) you can start planning for that in the meantime. I replied to your question the other day with the details on that so you have the links to folks' experience and updated info (the websites still list the old address).

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
They were too busy working on your file ;)
True! And if mrsromero doesn't hear back I'm sure that will be the case as well!

M

mrandmrsromero

canadiangirl78 said:
True! And if mrsromero doesn't hear back I'm sure that will be the case as well!
If the only response we ever get is the PPR, that totally works for me.

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
Hi Everyone,

Since I have been away for a bit I am sure there are some updates needed for the spreadsheet so PM with your updates and I will get them done asap :)

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
July 18, 12, Mexico: Aug 15, 12
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
OhCanadiana said:
Oh, ok. If the applicant was in Canada, you might have been able to get a letter from the Mexican Embassy in Canada but it looks like you're going to need to wait to receive the one from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico that's on its way. I've never heard of them giving out a duplicate since they eventually seem to arrive; the PGR needs an original request letter from a government entity (Mexican or foreign) to issue either the 'certificado de antecedentes penales' if you are in Mexico or the 'informe de datos registrales' if you are overseas.
The applicant will need to get the SSP police record too (in person or through a direct family member in Mexico City) so depending on where the applicant is (are you the applicant or the sponsor?) you can start planning for that in the meantime. I replied to your question the other day with the details on that so you have the links to folks' experience and updated info (the websites still list the old address).
Great! I'll look back and read through the posts... thanks for the info really appreciate it. I'm the sponsor, what do u think the chances are of the letter making it from Mex to BC? Should we just send a prepaid airway thingie so they can resend it to my wife's address? Another question is, should we go in and update her address to her Mexican address?

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
canadiangirl78 said:
That's awesome! Not sure about the interview.
Thanks!! indeed it was awesome news!!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
tsjunx said:
Great! I'll look back and read through the posts... thanks for the info really appreciate it. I'm the sponsor, what do u think the chances are of the letter making it from Mex to BC? Should we just send a prepaid airway thingie so they can resend it to my wife's address? Another question is, should we go in and update her address to her Mexican address?

I dunno how long it would take.
but our mailing address was set as alberta and since our app was sent to mexico city april 5. we never received anything in the mail from them, no aor or police letter.

I dunno how they send it, but if they send it by regular post it could take 2 months. we have sent mail from bc to mex and it took 3 months regular post. But im assuming mexico city would send it registered... but than again im not sure lol.

If its possibly i would change the address to mexico, and send them a prepaid waybill.
like I said its been over 4 months now, and we just decided to change my spouses mailing address to mexico and give them a prepaid way bill because we still havent received anything and we are getting very impatient haha
:D

tsjunx

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 19, 12
Doc's Request.
Aug 15, 12
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
July 25, 12
Med's Done....
Feb 18, 12
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 1-12
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10-12
LANDED..........
16-Nov-12
LeisaP said:
I dunno how long it would take.
but our mailing address was set as alberta and since our app was sent to mexico city april 5. we never received anything in the mail from them, no aor or police letter.
I dunno how they send it, but if they send it by regular post it could take 2 months. we have sent mail from bc to mex and it took 3 months regular post. But im assuming mexico city would send it registered... but than again im not sure lol.
If its possibly i would change the address to mexico, and send them a prepaid waybill.
like I said its been over 4 months now, and we just decided to change my spouses mailing address to mexico and give them a prepaid way bill because we still havent received anything and we are getting very impatient haha
:D
Yeah I don't trust the mail system too much, I once sent a letter from BC and it got returned lol, hmmmm I'll update the address and send the prepaid waybill... cant believe how many police certs they have lol, oh well, I guess it's part of the process, I'm just glad we heard something, I wasn't expecting anything for another 3 or 4 months :D

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
tsjunx said:
Yeah I don't trust the mail system too much, I once sent a letter from BC and it got returned lol, hmmmm I'll update the address and send the prepaid waybill... cant believe how many police certs they have lol, oh well, I guess it's part of the process, I'm just glad we heard something, I wasn't expecting anything for another 3 or 4 months :D
yes! better to be safe than sorry, and who wants to wait around for it to come in the mail when you may be able to speed it up by sending the way bill :)

haha i dont doubt that! i keep telling my spouses family that i will be sending there christmas gifts in july so they arrive in mexico by christmas :p

yeah you heard something really fast! your lucky :)

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
k totally off topic, but say you were to camp in the PV area, where would you go ? Basically I have just enough for airfare (through donations from family) but we dont have accomodations so my fiance wants to camp. Which is ok I guess, I am a small town girl and can cope with no washroom and all that but what about the large bugs ??? Anyone done this ????

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
missmymexi said:
k totally off topic, but say you were to camp in the PV area, where would you go ? Basically I have just enough for airfare (through donations from family) but we dont have accomodations so my fiance wants to camp. Which is ok I guess, I am a small town girl and can cope with no washroom and all that but what about the large bugs ??? Anyone done this ????
I have never camped in mexico, or PV, so i cant really help you on where to go, BUT i think it would be fun!! i love camping! and camping in mexico would be better, you wouldnt get so cold at night :p