Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
missmymexi said:
Thank you :) I am doubting it and thinking we will get something mid-august, I really think our file was put on hold till his ban from Canada is lifted, which is ok, just wish I knew that for sure. My lawyer doesnt think that would be the case and is also suprised now that we have not had a word yet, but I cant lie, I am beyond anxious to get this moving, I want my honey home yesterday ! I know it will still be maybe another year but each month that passes makes it that much further away. Its funny, we hadnt skyped (video) in almost 2 months just because of life gettting in the way (lots of chatting though) and when I saw him the other night, I swear I fell in love all over again and I think that is what has made me get impatient again, just want to hug and kiss him so badly ! I am sure you guys relate :) Sorry, venting moment !
vent all you want.....it's my b-day today and my husband texted me which was sweet....but the email place is shut down now the next 3 days in Cuba so almost impossible to communicate because texting is alot of money for him....but I get you......I submitted my file 5 months ago....and all I have gotten is approval.....whoppee (ok...I know that that is good) but jeepers it was just a week shy of 4 months for me for my approval and Havana can be 10 months....so I understand...your frustration completely........!!!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
KJG said:
vent all you want.....it's my b-day today and my husband texted me which was sweet....but the email place is shut down now the next 3 days in Cuba so almost impossible to communicate because texting is alot of money for him....but I get you......I submitted my file 5 months ago....and all I have gotten is approval.....whoppee (ok...I know that that is good) but jeepers it was just a week shy of 4 months for me for my approval and Havana can be 10 months....so I understand...your frustration completely........!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

and yeah it has been 6 months since we first sent in our app. and 3.5 months since it was transfered. and it feels like foreverrrr.
butt every week that goes by makes me think.. YES ONE WEEK CLOSER!! :D

we seriously miss canada so muchh!. i was making my hubby watch real housewives of vancouver recently and everytime we watched we we were so sad because vancouver is our home and we miss it so much :(

why are the emails shut off in cuba? just curious cuba as a country facinates me with the whole communism and such. :)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
LeisaP said:
as long as its completely paid for it would be easy
we would have bough a used car anyways and paid in full. but if you have a car that you are still making payments on i am pretty sure they wont even let you bring i across the border. this is from what ive heard of other people in the forum.

oh yes Veracruz is soo nice! you have to visit there!. its currently my favorite place in mexico.
although ive only been to, puerto vallarta, GDL, mexico city, and puebla. but still! haha its my favorite

well mexico city has alot of them around it. but the ones we went to. which i beleive is one of the 5 biggest in the world.
was in teotihuacan.
i think if you google that you should be able to find it.
:)

oh thats nice!!,sometimes relaxing is better, we walked so much and did so much on the weekend my whole body was sore and i slept almost all day monday :eek: i would have liked to have friends around for my birthday. but most of our friends are in canada. or spread out all across mexico. so we dont get to see friends very often here.

where does your husband live again? or where were you visiting him?
Importing a car to Canada is a nightmare!! I would avoid it. You have to show it has been exported. And importing it is expensive. I guess it depends what province though - Ontario here and it was not fun. We had to buy new tires to pass the safety inspection. There were lots of steps involved in getting it registered. Took forever. And insurance will be even worse. I didnt get that done before I headed back to California. I am going to miss Geico...

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Oh we also had to pay to get running lights on our car to pass the safety test. That was expensive too! And there is a list of cars that are approved so not all cars can get in.

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
KJG said:
Happy Birthday KJG !!!! I totally feel your pain and cant even imagine how frusturating it is with him being in Cuba. Funny how many of us are summer babies on this mexico forum, my birthday is next week !! I hope you do have a fantastic day and I am always amazed by your positivity :) Your husband is lucky man !

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
canadiangirl78 said:
Importing a car to Canada is a nightmare!! I would avoid it. You have to show it has been exported. And importing it is expensive. I guess it depends what province though - Ontario here and it was not fun. We had to buy new tires to pass the safety inspection. There were lots of steps involved in getting it registered. Took forever. And insurance will be even worse. I didnt get that done before I headed back to California. I am going to miss Geico...
yes the import-export is hard. but my hubby used to be a customs agent, and is now working as a freight forwarder for an import export company. soo we would have a little upper hand with the expenses and paperwork and stuff. :)
i know alot of people that imported cars from usa into canada, vancouver to be exact and they never had any problems. maybe it does depend on the province. :eek: wouldnt surprise me, everything seems to be different in every province. lol.
the insurance in bc is skyrocketing anyways, its ridiculously higher than other provinces.
but we would save about 2,000 buying here, than in canada, let alone vancouver, where everything is the most expensive they could possibly make it!!! :-\

haha but either way i need to look into this because my dad is interested in getting an antique dodge charger or camaro from here. and if he finds one were gunna have to import that anyways!!. so im going to go to the web and find out exactly what is needed for importing to BC
:D

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
I am looking up on that website rvi or something. and it doesnt really say anything about cars from anywhere except the states.
so i found on the CBSA website alot more helpful information about importing from mexico.
although it is alot to read so i will slowly make my way through it.

anyways thanks for the website though!! :)

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
Happy Birthday KJG!!

Missmymexi- I know I've missed some posts, but have you called to see if you have been approved? They say they are working on Apr 30 now.

sad143

Aug 7, 2011
edgarsitow said:
Thanks! I appreciate it. :)

No news yet. Today I went to the embassy to give them the FBI police certificate, now I just gotta wait a few weeks until they contact me again. I'm thinking it will either be for PPR or ARC, it has to be one of those two since I've already given them everything they asked for.
. I really hope it will be ppr next for you. Edgar do you know what is a b4 form and when are we suppose to get it?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
LeisaP said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

and yeah it has been 6 months since we first sent in our app. and 3.5 months since it was transfered. and it feels like foreverrrr.
butt every week that goes by makes me think.. YES ONE WEEK CLOSER!! :D

we seriously miss canada so muchh!. i was making my hubby watch real housewives of vancouver recently and everytime we watched we we were so sad because vancouver is our home and we miss it so much :(

why are the emails shut off in cuba? just curious cuba as a country facinates me with the whole communism and such. :)

thank you.......yes you are right and most days I do remember that and am happy that so far so good ( I think...sometimes ignorance is bliss!!!) but every now and then I get the feel sorry for me......!!!

Pretty much most of cuba except tourist areas are shut down for the National Holiday for July 25m 26 & 27!!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
sad143 said:
. I really hope it will be ppr next for you. Edgar do you know what is a b4 form and when are we suppose to get it?
The B4 form is a form you have to fill out of all the things you are bringing to Canada, so that you don´t have to pay any taxes on them! You need the B4 for the stuff you will have with you when you go and the B4A for the stuff you will be sending later (if you have any)

You can get them here: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/help-aide/topic-sujet/10-eng.html

Under Forms. :D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
missmymexi said:
Happy Birthday KJG !!!! I totally feel your pain and cant even imagine how frusturating it is with him being in Cuba. Funny how many of us are summer babies on this mexico forum, my birthday is next week !! I hope you do have a fantastic day and I am always amazed by your positivity :) Your husband is lucky man !
Thank you so much missmymexi.....right now I am missmycubano!!! Well Leo babies are true, loyal and strong......all of which is needed to get through this darn process!!!! :p

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
KJG said:
thank you.......yes you are right and most days I do remember that and am happy that so far so good ( I think...sometimes ignorance is bliss!!!) but every now and then I get the feel sorry for me......!!!

Pretty much most of cuba except tourist areas are shut down for the National Holiday for July 25m 26 & 27!!
hahaha i hear ya!.
ive recently started watching some tv serious to take my mind right out of immigration and its been working surprisingly.
it makes the days go by faster.

really!. like they shut down internet and stuff because of holidays?
do all the stores close too. hmm thats odd they would shut down email for a holiday.

anyways that sucks for you!, hopefully those 3 days go by very fast!

any birthday plans for today or this weekend?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
LeisaP said:
hahaha i hear ya!.
ive recently started watching some tv serious to take my mind right out of immigration and its been working surprisingly.
it makes the days go by faster.

really!. like they shut down internet and stuff because of holidays?
do all the stores close too. hmm thats odd they would shut down email for a holiday.

anyways that sucks for you!, hopefully those 3 days go by very fast!

any birthday plans for today or this weekend?
well majority of cubans have to use special email places because they are not allowed on the internet...and there are special internet places for tourists and you have to provide your passport in order to use it!! so anything that is not in tourist hotel or tourist town i.e. varadero it is shut down....all government offices, banks....etc.

celebrated last weekend with the family....and this weekend with friends!!!!.....

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
KJG said:
well majority of cubans have to use special email places because they are not allowed on the internet...and there are special internet places for tourists and you have to provide your passport in order to use it!! so anything that is not in tourist hotel or tourist town i.e. varadero it is shut down....all government offices, banks....etc.

celebrated last weekend with the family....and this weekend with friends!!!!.....
wow. there so strict hey. thats interesting even for tourists.

seems bizarre for a canadian i suppose. but one day i would LOVE to visit cuba! ive seen pictures and it looks pretty :)

oh nice!! your like me 2 birthday weekends! haha
lucky you!. have fun! enjoy your weekend :D