AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
TSauretBaxter said:
Happy Birthday KJG!!

Missmymexi- I know I've missed some posts, but have you called to see if you have been approved? They say they are working on Apr 30 now.
I have not, I was trying to patient lol, but I think I will be on the phone during my commute tomorrow and see if I can get some kind of answer. My lawyer is also following up with them on Friday. Today is just one of those days :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
LeisaP said:
wow. there so strict hey. thats interesting even for tourists.

seems bizarre for a canadian i suppose. but one day i would LOVE to visit cuba! ive seen pictures and it looks pretty :)

oh nice!! your like me 2 birthday weekends! haha
lucky you!. have fun! enjoy your weekend :D
yes the government aside....Cuba is a gorgeous island and the people are amazing and will open their homes to you.....I truly love them!

sad143

Aug 7, 2011
Nessa said:
The B4 form is a form you have to fill out of all the things you are bringing to Canada, so that you don´t have to pay any taxes on them! You need the B4 for the stuff you will have with you when you go and the B4A for the stuff you will be sending later (if you have any)

You can get them here: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/help-aide/topic-sujet/10-eng.html

Under Forms. :D
thankyou :) but when and where do we have do give these forms?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
TSauretBaxter said:
Happy Birthday KJG!!

Missmymexi- I know I've missed some posts, but have you called to see if you have been approved? They say they are working on Apr 30 now.
Thank you so much TSauretBaxter!!!!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
KJG said:
well majority of cubans have to use special email places because they are not allowed on the internet...and there are special internet places for tourists and you have to provide your passport in order to use it!! so anything that is not in tourist hotel or tourist town i.e. varadero it is shut down....all government offices, banks....etc.

celebrated last weekend with the family....and this weekend with friends!!!!.....
I knew it was strict and that the people i know there are not online that often but I have a friend in havana who is always online, at least for a couple hours everyday if not multiple times a day, I never thought to ask him how he gets away with it ! I am totally going to now !

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
KJG said:
yes the government aside....Cuba is a gorgeous island and the people are amazing and will open their homes to you.....I truly love them!
yeah! ive heard such good things about the people and the country.
i think most carribbeans and very warm.
my mom is married to a guy from Antigua. and his whole family and friends are the same way. so welcomeing, i love being around them :)

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
missmymexi said:
I have not, I was trying to patient lol, but I think I will be on the phone during my commute tomorrow and see if I can get some kind of answer. My lawyer is also following up with them on Friday. Today is just one of those days :)
You may have good news and not even know it :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sad143 said:
thankyou :) but when and where do we have do give these forms?
You turn them in to customs when you land. They will stamp them for you (along with any photos of jewelry you may include) so you can import the items at the same time or later (as goods to follow). By doing this you can import them free of import taxes :)

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
TSauretBaxter said:
You may have good news and not even know it :)
I do hope that is the case, I have tried logging into ecas several times a day, everyday so far this week lol, not working yet ! But yes there could be good news hiding in the shadows, will let you guys know how it goes tomorrow :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
missmymexi said:
I knew it was strict and that the people i know there are not online that often but I have a friend in havana who is always online, at least for a couple hours everyday if not multiple times a day, I never thought to ask him how he gets away with it ! I am totally going to now !
yes some government workers can get it or if the work in the hotel they can sneak it....i do know a few people who actually have in their homes but the cost is covered by someone outside of cuba and of course it is all dial up!!! i have a few friends on facebook who are still in cuba and they are on every now and then!! Definitely ask him I am curious as well!!!

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
KJG said:
yes some government workers can get it or if the work in the hotel they can sneak it....i do know a few people who actually have in their homes but the cost is covered by someone outside of cuba and of course it is all dial up!!! i have a few friends on facebook who are still in cuba and they are on every now and then!! Definitely ask him I am curious as well!!!
so say if they work at a hotel and they sneak on the internet. or if they have internet in there home.
if the government catches them, what sort of consequences would they receive?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KJG said:
Totally off topic, but if you don't mind me asking, what is life like for your other half on a daily basis? I find cultural assumptions to be very interesting.

ETA - Apparently, I'm not the only curious one ;D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
OhCanadiana said:
Totally off topic, but if you don't mind me asking, what is life like for your other half on a daily basis? I find cultural assumptions to be very interesting.

ETA - Apparently, I'm not the only curious one ;D
well for my husband - he works a full time job....security guard at a medical clinic....but a typical day for him would be to get up and shower if power is on and then head to work....8-4......then he usually gets stuck in line at the email place and I get emails around 5 or 6 pm....then he usually goes and tries to find some fresh veggies and rice....heads home and cooks dinner....evening time is spent usually with family or friends and they either play dominos or go to sports events or just sit around and talk.....he always writes music for himself.....weekends are for chores.....was clothes by hand with powder soap hang out to dry....usually goes to his grandmom to see if she needs anything....sometimes on the weekend him and a few friends get together and share a $3cuc bottle of rum and listen to music.......alot of time he does spending running around looking for food....things we take for granted.....and like showering.....he likes to shower in the morning and at night but depending on whether or not they shut off the water or hydro dictates whether he can or not......and of course if it is raining all cubans stay indoors!!! it is quite funny acutally!!!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
KJG said:
He works in a restaurant, but he is not at work when we are chatting it is at home. He had got his PR many years ago, we met in Canada and he moved back to Cuba, beleive it or not, last year. So maybe he set something up well he was still working in Canada. So curious now. Havana seems to be more lax too than the rest of Cuba. I know in other areas I have been everyone is super paranoid of the government, scared to talk or associate with tourists. I had one friend who had a mp3 player (he got it from a guest at the hotel he was working at). It was his little secret, he was so scared of anyone finding it. I also remember sneaking around to try and hang out with friends there. Its one of the strangest yet most awesome places I have been.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
KJG said:
well for my husband - he works a full time job....security guard at a medical clinic....but a typical day for him would be to get up and shower if power is on and then head to work....8-4......then he usually gets stuck in line at the email place and I get emails around 5 or 6 pm....then he usually goes and tries to find some fresh veggies and rice....heads home and cooks dinner....evening time is spent usually with family or friends and they either play dominos or go to sports events or just sit around and talk.....he always writes music for himself.....weekends are for chores.....was clothes by hand with powder soap hang out to dry....usually goes to his grandmom to see if she needs anything....sometimes on the weekend him and a few friends get together and share a $3cuc bottle of rum and listen to music.......alot of time he does spending running around looking for food....things we take for granted.....and like showering.....he likes to shower in the morning and at night but depending on whether or not they shut off the water or hydro dictates whether he can or not......and of course if it is raining all cubans stay indoors!!! it is quite funny acutally!!!
interesting, seems very relaxing though :) island life.
so he can or cannot shower depending on weather the power is on? that is bizarre, do they pay for water?
what do you mean running around looking for food? like at different markets or.. ?

ahh cheap alcohol nice!, something we definatly dont get in canada. :p

haha awe they dont like the rain??
sorry i dont want to sound intrusive, im just very curious about the different lifestyle they live. :)