Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
LeisaP said:
does anyone know if its possible
onces we get the visa. to drive up to canada, maybe getting some sort of visa to travel through usa.

or would we have to fly. because of the whole mexico-usa visa restricions??

just curious we would like to drive up like a road trip back. but i dunno if it would be that easy or what you would have to get to do that.

thanks
He would still need a US Visitor Visa as usual. Honestly, from what I've read on this forum, the immigration officers are better at the airport then the land crossing, so it may be easier to fly when he's first landing. Getting a US Visa will be easier once he has his PR card. Then you could take a road trip to the US :) How was your birthday btw?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
TSauretBaxter said:
He would still need a US Visitor Visa as usual. Honestly, from what I've read on this forum, the immigration officers are better at the airport then the land crossing, so it may be easier to fly when he's first landing. Getting a US Visa will be easier once he has his PR card. Then you could take a road trip to the US :) How was your birthday btw?
yeah. ive heard that it.
we just want to buy a car because its so frustrating to live here without a car. especially because we have a big dog so anytime we wanna go somewhere and cant leave her with someone we have to rent a vehicle just to be able to bring her with us.
plus the public transit isnt my favorite lol.
anyways but we were thinking it would be a waste to buy the car if it would be to much trouble to drive across the states for the landing.

yeah we were planning to do that too lol. once he gets PR. were gunna take a huge road trip across the states and catch all the good stuff :) hes never been to usa. and ive only been along the west coast, washington, oregon, northern california. so it would be fun for both of us.

anyways my birthday!! it was so much fun!. i got lucky and got to celebrate 2 weekend :p the first one we went to veracruz port which was soo much fun! i would love to buy a vacation home there! i loved it, and the people were so humble. i didnt want to leave. haha

than on my actual birthday we toured around mexico city and actually got a chance to see the nice areas and the pyramids!! and i ate real sushi! (weve had a hard time finding good sushi in mexico).

so the birthday was a blast! thanks for asking!! :D

How was your birthday!! july 21st as well right!??

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approved July 3-12/ Mexico AOR Aug 17/12
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
LeisaP said:
yeah. ive heard that it.
we just want to buy a car because its so frustrating to live here without a car. especially because we have a big dog so anytime we wanna go somewhere and cant leave her with someone we have to rent a vehicle just to be able to bring her with us.
plus the public transit isnt my favorite lol.
anyways but we were thinking it would be a waste to buy the car if it would be to much trouble to drive across the states for the landing.

yeah we were planning to do that too lol. once he gets PR. were gunna take a huge road trip across the states and catch all the good stuff :) hes never been to usa. and ive only been along the west coast, washington, oregon, northern california. so it would be fun for both of us.

anyways my birthday!! it was so much fun!. i got lucky and got to celebrate 2 weekend :p the first one we went to veracruz port which was soo much fun! i would love to buy a vacation home there! i loved it, and the people were so humble. i didnt want to leave. haha

than on my actual birthday we toured around mexico city and actually got a chance to see the nice areas and the pyramids!! and i ate real sushi! (weve had a hard time finding good sushi in mexico).

so the birthday was a blast! thanks for asking!! :D

How was your birthday!! july 21st as well right!??
I think it would be hard to register the car in Canada as well. Does anyone know how to do that?

Veracruz sounds nice. I haven't been there yet. I have heard about the pyramids. Where are they exactly so I can google them? Yes my birthday was the 21st as well. His family had a party for me, and then we met some friends for a late dinner. I didn't want to do much else. The trip this time was low key.. so I didn't feel exhausted coming back to work for 11 days straight! I learned my lesson last time. :)

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
as long as its completely paid for it would be easy
we would have bough a used car anyways and paid in full. but if you have a car that you are still making payments on i am pretty sure they wont even let you bring i across the border. this is from what ive heard of other people in the forum.

oh yes Veracruz is soo nice! you have to visit there!. its currently my favorite place in mexico.
although ive only been to, puerto vallarta, GDL, mexico city, and puebla. but still! haha its my favorite

well mexico city has alot of them around it. but the ones we went to. which i beleive is one of the 5 biggest in the world.
was in teotihuacan.
i think if you google that you should be able to find it.
:)

oh thats nice!!,sometimes relaxing is better, we walked so much and did so much on the weekend my whole body was sore and i slept almost all day monday :eek: i would have liked to have friends around for my birthday. but most of our friends are in canada. or spread out all across mexico. so we dont get to see friends very often here.

where does your husband live again? or where were you visiting him?

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
LeisaP said:
as long as its completely paid for it would be easy
we would have bough a used car anyways and paid in full. but if you have a car that you are still making payments on i am pretty sure they wont even let you bring i across the border. this is from what ive heard of other people in the forum.

oh yes Veracruz is soo nice! you have to visit there!. its currently my favorite place in mexico.
although ive only been to, puerto vallarta, GDL, mexico city, and puebla. but still! haha its my favorite

well mexico city has alot of them around it. but the ones we went to. which i beleive is one of the 5 biggest in the world.
was in teotihuacan.
i think if you google that you should be able to find it.

oh thats nice!!,sometimes relaxing is better, we walked so much and did so much on the weekend my whole body was sore and i slept almost all day monday :eek: i would have liked to have friends around for my birthday. but most of our friends are in canada. or spread out all across mexico. so we dont get to see friends very often here.

where does your husband live again? or where were you visiting him?
Cars are so much cheaper in Mexico too, it would be nice if you could register it easily in Canada.

Teotihuacan looks really nice. I was in Villahermosa, Tabasco. That's where his family lives. He works in Campeche, but his family and friends are in Tabasco, and our dog as well. So we were lucky that he got time off work and he met me there.

Have you still not heard anything from your case specific inquiry??

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
TSauretBaxter said:
Cars are so much cheaper in Mexico too, it would be nice if you could register it easily in Canada.

Teotihuacan looks really nice. I was in Villahermosa, Tabasco. That's where his family lives. He works in Campeche, but his family and friends are in Tabasco, and our dog as well. So we were lucky that he got time off work and he met me there.

Have you still not heard anything from your case specific inquiry??
yeah we were looking at 2000 jeep cherokees. and here they are about 5000-6000, and in canada the same ones are about 8-9 thousand.

a little bit of a jump! haha

ohh nice!! i wanna go that way so bad
i wanna see chiapas and campeche and playa del carmen, cozumel, cancun, and i even wanna cross the border and check out belize.
we have friends that live in playa too bad my husband couldnt get a job there! :p

i like it over there its more tropical. i like the tropical jungle areas more than the dessert lol.

well thats nice he would get time off work!,and you could see your doggy.
our dog is in puebla right now. so this weekend we are going back there for 2 days to see her. im sure she misses us and we miss her!

nope nothing yet. when i sent it they said except 20 days to reply. so im thinking i will get a reply at 19 days :eek:

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
LeisaP said:
yeah we were looking at 2000 jeep cherokees. and here they are about 5000-6000, and in canada the same ones are about 8-9 thousand.

a little bit of a jump! haha

ohh nice!! i wanna go that way so bad
i wanna see chiapas and campeche and playa del carmen, cozumel, cancun, and i even wanna cross the border and check out belize.
we have friends that live in playa too bad my husband couldnt get a job there! :p

i like it over there its more tropical. i like the tropical jungle areas more than the dessert lol.

well thats nice he would get time off work!,and you could see your doggy.
our dog is in puebla right now. so this weekend we are going back there for 2 days to see her. im sure she misses us and we miss her!

nope nothing yet. when i sent it they said except 20 days to reply. so im thinking i will get a reply at 19 days :eek:
yeah it's beautiful in the Carribbean. I love Cancun and Playa De Carmen. I haven't been to Cozumel, but loved Isla De Mujeres.

How many days since you sent the inquiry now? I'm going to submit one to change his address, and see if they can confirm they received the package :)

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
TSauretBaxter said:
yeah it's beautiful in the Carribbean. I love Cancun and Playa De Carmen. I haven't been to Cozumel, but loved Isla De Mujeres.

How many days since you sent the inquiry now? I'm going to submit one to change his address, and see if they can confirm they received the package :)
yeah!. im so jealous of people who live there!. or in any beach town!. ive heard Isla de Mujeres is really nice!. i would love to go there too!. actualy ive heard its better than cozumel from a couple people.

i sent it july 18. im not sure if they mean 20 business days or 20 days.. i hope not business days.
i did an address change online through ecase and that was bout 4 weeks ago and nothing changed even though they said 15 days..
but alot of other people did adress changes too and nothing showed up. so im thinking they change it in their system not necessarily on ecase.
just a heads up :) so dont worry to much if nothing changes on ecase.

when did yours get transfered to mexico city?

TSauretBaxter

Jun 6, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 29-03-2012
Doc's Request.
PGR Aug 17-12
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Sept 12-12
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19-12
LANDED..........
Sept 21-12
LeisaP said:
yeah!. im so jealous of people who live there!. or in any beach town!. ive heard Isla de Mujeres is really nice!. i would love to go there too!. actualy ive heard its better than cozumel from a couple people.

i sent it july 18. im not sure if they mean 20 business days or 20 days.. i hope not business days.
i did an address change online through ecase and that was bout 4 weeks ago and nothing changed even though they said 15 days..
but alot of other people did adress changes too and nothing showed up. so im thinking they change it in their system not necessarily on ecase.
just a heads up :) so dont worry to much if nothing changes on ecase.

when did yours get transfered to mexico city?
Well I was only approved as a sponsor 3 weeks ago, so I don't even know if they have it yet. But I need to change his address, and it doesn't give me the option on Ecas.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
TSauretBaxter said:
Well I was only approved as a sponsor 3 weeks ago, so I don't even know if they have it yet. But I need to change his address, and it doesn't give me the option on Ecas.
oh really it doesnt.. weird..
anyways i think its best to do it through a case specific enquiry. im suree these are more reliable than anything on ecase :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TSauretBaxter said:
I think it would be hard to register the car in Canada as well. Does anyone know how to do that?
I outlined the steps from the US to Canada in this post which would give you an idea.

LeisaP - you may want to check the RIV list to get a sense of whether the car you're considering is importable (riv.ca has a list where you can see which are/aren't and you can also call them). Also, consider that cars are manufactured slightly differently for different geographies. So, a car sold in Mexico wouldn't necessarily have the winter-tailoring a car sold in Canada would have. How relevant this is depends on the specific car so just make sure you consider this as part of your research :)

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
OhCanadiana said:
I outlined the steps from the US to Canada in this post which would give you an idea.

LeisaP - you may want to check the RIV list to make sure the car you're considering is importable (riv.ca has a list where you can see which are/aren't and you can also call them). Also, consider that cars are manufactured slightly differently for different geographies. So, a car sold in Mexico wouldn't necessarily have the winter-tailoring a car sold in Canada would have. How relevant this is depends on the specific car so just make sure you consider this as part of your research :)

okay thanks for the link!!>
yes we were talking about that too. but we will be living in vancouver. so the winter isnt too much of a problem. seeing as vancouver doesnt really get a canadian winter haha.. but if we were to use it to travel anywhere, we would have to look into that.
anyways thanks again for the link!! i am going to check it out!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
Well only two people left in our little mexico crew to get an AOR/1st stage approval, iscoezy and I. Spreadsheet is updated :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
missmymexi said:
Well only two people left in our little mexico crew to get an AOR/1st stage approval, iscoezy and I. Spreadsheet is updated :)
hang in there missmymexi....you will get one before Friday......sending positive thoughts your way...... :D

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
KJG said:
hang in there missmymexi....you will get one before Friday......sending positive thoughts your way...... :D
Thank you :) I am doubting it and thinking we will get something mid-august, I really think our file was put on hold till his ban from Canada is lifted, which is ok, just wish I knew that for sure. My lawyer doesnt think that would be the case and is also suprised now that we have not had a word yet, but I cant lie, I am beyond anxious to get this moving, I want my honey home yesterday ! I know it will still be maybe another year but each month that passes makes it that much further away. Its funny, we hadnt skyped (video) in almost 2 months just because of life gettting in the way (lots of chatting though) and when I saw him the other night, I swear I fell in love all over again and I think that is what has made me get impatient again, just want to hug and kiss him so badly ! I am sure you guys relate :) Sorry, venting moment !