07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
Bcmom72 said:
thanks for the encouragement guys! i am hoping they kept a copy of this, but probably didn't! they have 30 days to contact them and resubmit. It just baffles me.....
Does that mean that they sent you a denial and said basically if you submit to us this form then we will accept it and move on? Or is it 30 days to contact them for an appeal? I hope it's something that even if they don't have a copy of the PGR that your daughter and son in law can just go in and get another and submit that. What a joke!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
oh my god that´s terrible! But yes it seems like it was a mistake on their end! I am sure there is a way to clear this all up and get that visa approval! Let us know what happens! Does he have the name of the person who interviewed him?

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
Alesinha, how long did it take for you to hear from Mexico after sponsorship approval?
It was really fast, the day after the approval they sent the request for the certificate of Quebec, and as soon they received the quebec certificate they sent the pgr letter it was like 1 month after the approval ;D so I am really sure it's going to be really soon for you... Just keep an eye on your mail cause my letter arrived and it was on the floor like any other paper, all dirty and folded... Cheer up!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bcmom72 said:
worst news....just had an email saying at this he is denied....reason: saying that he didnt hand in the Federal Police Certificate!!! He handed it in at his interview!!!!!!!!! what do we do now???????
Oh, no! I would reply to that e-mail and send a case specific enquiry (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/mexico.asp) to the Mexico Visa Office asking them to check the records from the interview (if they have a copy, attach it to the case specific enquiry) and to reconsider their decision (since you would prefer to resolve this without appealing). Ask them to confirm that they received the e-mail. If you don't hear back, send a fax in a couple days addressed to the program manager.

Since you are in Canada, you may want to call the call centre to see if they have any advice or if there's any way they can send the info to Mexico on your behalf.

They have 30 days to appeal the decision so hopefully you hear back from the Embassy quickly that they will reconsider so you don't need to take action to set up the appeal.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Alesinha said:
It was really fast, the day after the approval they sent the request for the certificate of Quebec, and as soon they received the quebec certificate they sent the pgr letter it was like 1 month after the approval ;D so I am really sure it's going to be really soon for you... Just keep an eye on your mail cause my letter arrived and it was on the floor like any other paper, all dirty and folded... Cheer up!
Wow you heard from Mexico just 1 month from sponsorship approval? That gives me hope!

Bcmom72

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 13, 2011
File Transfer...
Nov 2011
Med's Done....
June 2011
Interview........
March 2012
Passport Req..
October 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
October 31,2012
Here is the letter from the Embassy yesterday....
It states they have completed the assessment to immigrate to Canada. I have determined you do not meet the requirements to move to Canada. States that he was asked to produce the Mexico Federal Police Certificate, which he did, within 60 days to assess your admissability, from the date January 26th. He handed it over March 22 at his interview.To this date we have not received the document or any communication from you. A new letter to request the police certificate is being sent to you. Be informed that you have only 30 days from the date of this letter to comply with our request. Should you fail to present the documentation requested, your application will be assessed on the evidence currently available on the file and may result in the refusal of your case.

And get this, it is signed "Immigration Officer", no name!

Needless to say, today we are trying to track down where this document has landed, and if indeed he will have to go through doing it again! I hope to goodness it will not take another two months once its in their hands at the embassy.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Bcmom72 said:
It states they have completed the assessment to immigrate to Canada. I have determined you do not meet the requirements to move to Canada. States that he was asked to produce the Mexico Federal Police Certificate, which he did, within 60 days to assess your admissability, from the date January 26th. He handed it over March 22 at his interview.To this date we have not received the document or any communication from you. A new letter to request the police certificate is being sent to you. Be informed that you have only 30 days from the date of this letter to comply with our request. Should you fail to present the documentation requested, your application will be assessed on the evidence currently available on the file and may result in the refusal of your case.

Needless to say, today we are trying to track down where this document has landed, and if indeed he will have to go through doing it again! I hope to goodness it will not take another two months once its in their hands at the embassy.
I know this is a road block but it is NOT a denial. It is just a request for additional documents. It will be JUST fine and you'll see them soon!

M

mrandmrsromero

canadiangirl78 said:
I know this is a road block but it is NOT a denial. It is just a request for additional documents. It will be JUST fine and you'll see them soon!
Agreed. Not to worry.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
That sucks BCmom! I'm going to pick up my PGR document on Monday and I'll be sure to get copies of it just in case. It's not rare to hear about documents being misplaced/lost by CIC.

I would personally explain the situation, but also give them a prepaid envelope with DHL in case they need to send you another one. I'm guessing that even if THEY screwed up, they'll say it's your fault or that you didn't hand in the document :/

Hopefully it all works out quickly for you!

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Agreed!
edgarsitow said:
That sucks BCmom! I'm going to pick up my PGR document on Monday and I'll be sure to get copies of it just in case. It's not rare to hear about documents being misplaced/lost by CIC.

I would personally explain the situation, but also give them a prepaid envelope with DHL in case they need to send you another one. I'm guessing that even if THEY screwed up, they'll say it's your fault or that you didn't hand in the document :/

Hopefully it all works out quickly for you!
Agreed!

If they didn't keep a copy, they may be able to persuade the PGR folks to give them a copy (have them either call or go to the office with the same IDs they used last time).

Good luck!

M

mrandmrsromero

edgarsitow said:
I'll be sure to get copies of it just in case. It's not rare to hear about documents being misplaced/lost by CIC.
My hubby and I have had first hand experience with the document "misplacement" scenario. Definitely very wise to keep copies of absolutely everything handed in, mailed, dropped off, emailed, or otherwise paper-airplaned to the embassy.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Bcmom72 said:

I agree with everyone. Its not a denial -just a roadblock. Everyone gave you really great info so all I have to say is good luck and I hope everything works out for your family, please keep us posted!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
mrandmrsromero said:
My hubby and I have had first hand experience with the document "misplacement" scenario. Definitely very wise to keep copies of absolutely everything handed in, mailed, dropped off, emailed, or otherwise paper-airplaned to the embassy.
Very true. I have a copy of our whole application for this reason. You can never be too careful, especially since a lot of these documents cost an arm and a leg.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
yes that definitely dosen´t look like a visa denial! Just a little delay! So hopepully they can get that PGR document sent again!

This is making me paranoid now, so I took a print screen of the DHL records that show that it got there and the name of the person who signed for it. And a copy of the PGR document. Hopefully they won´t lose anyone else´s documents!

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Nessa said:
yes that definitely dosen´t look a visa denial! Just a little delay! So hopepully they can get that PGR document sent again!

This is making me paranoid now so I took a print screen of the DHL records that show that it got there and the name of the person who signed for it. And a copy of the PGR document. Hopeffully they won´t lose anyone elses´s documents!
Smart idea, I think we will do that too.