Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
edgarsitow said:
Oh boy, I'm supposed to go to the PGR to pick up my document tomorrow. They had already requested the State police certificated so I have it with me already. Do you guys recommend that I go to the SSP as well and get that document? I really don't want them to send me another letter in two months asking for this document. So should I hand in all 3 of them and explain in a letter what's up?
I wouldn't take any chances. I don't think you need a letter to get the SSP so you mine aswell.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edgarsitow said:
Oh boy, I'm supposed to go to the PGR to pick up my document tomorrow. They had already requested the State police certificated so I have it with me already. Do you guys recommend that I go to the SSP as well and get that document? I really don't want them to send me another letter in two months asking for this document. So should I hand in all 3 of them and explain in a letter what's up?
Oh boy's right.

If you're in Mexico City to pick up the PGR certificate anyway, it's probably worth going to the SSP to get their certificado de antecedentes in addition to the others. As you say, you want to avoid the request in a couple months both for timing reasons and expense of going back to Mexico City to get it. The decision is also relatively easy since the SSP says you get the certificate on the same day you request it.

However, given that you can only get the documents from the SSP in the afternoon (Monday - Friday 2pm to 7pm) and can only drop off documents in the morning at the Embassy in Mexico City, you may need to stay overnight (or end up couriering the documents).

Take a look at http://www.pgjdf.gob.mx/temas/1-4-1/index.php?tema=Antecedentes+Penales&idw3_contenidos=9 if you haven't already - looks like it's free (thank goodness you don't have to run to make payment across the city!) and "deberá presentar son: copia de su acta de nacimiento, comprobante de domicilio vigente y credencial de elector." I would also print a copy of the CIC Bulletins main page and the one specifically for this (at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/index.asp and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob422.asp)

Keep copies of all of it and submit a copy of the Bulletin with your documents to avoid any confusion when folks open up the document at the Embassy. You really want to avoid the document being discarded because they didn't think it was necessary!

Let us know how it goes. Thanks for being our pioneer, edgarsitow :)

ETA: Oh, and I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say chat them up and report back! Find out if there's any way of requesting it not in person (you'll be many people's angel if you figure that one out). I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they find out CIC is now going to be requesting this ;)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
OhCanadiana said:
ETA: Oh, and I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say chat them up and report back! Find out if there's any way of requesting it not in person (you'll be many people's angel if you figure that one out). I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they find out CIC is now going to be requesting this ;)
Isn't that the truth. If there is a way to order this it would make things a lot less complicated.

You think it will make them really busy, Ohcanadiana?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
So now my new question is.. Once you get AOR, they tell you they are going to be requesting the police check right? If so, instead of waiting for the letter to arrive, can we then go to the embassy of Mexico in Canada, request the PGR and then fly out to Mexico city to get them sent in, or am I missing something?

OhCanadiana, I need your help on this one :)
Truth be told, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't book any tickets to go to Mexico City specifically for background checks anytime soon. Usually the Embassy requests the police certificates after they've assessed eligibility (ie, when you are close to the end of the process) to avoid having the police certificates expire. You don't want to have to do it twice.

You submitted your application at the end of April so, at CPC-M's current timing, they still have at least 60 days to go. They definitely won't need your police certificates for some time after that (the application needs to get mailed to Mexico City, they need to process it and assess medicals and general eligibility before they would even think about looking about the police certificates).

So, I'd wait for the dust to settle and make sure the kinks are worked out of the process ... and, frankly, that it will stick around before I bought tickets to go do this specifically. For all we know, the SSP or the Embassy will figure out a way to do it for people who don't live in Mexico (as they did with the PGR when they realized they would otherwise make people fly in just for this) ... betcha lots of people are hoping for this! The format may change as the SSP gets more requests or something else can evolve and then you'd just be even more frustrated. Sit tight, hard as it may be, and reassess once you've been approved by CPC-M.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mc1234 said:
Isn't that the truth. If there is a way to order this it would make things a lot less complicated.

You think it will make them really busy, Ohcanadiana?
Given that Mexico City processed about 2,000 cases last year, I suspect they'll notice (especially when you consider that for economic applications, each case can have two adult applicants or even more when dependents are 18+).

The PGR noticed enough to empower the state bureaus to start issuing the constancias de antecedentes registrales to avoid making people traveling to Mexico City for this. So, it wouldn't surprise me that the SSP notices (hopefully this won't take them by surprise and CIC / CSIS has communicated with them).

When I read the bulletin, it occurred to me that the great irony of this change is that the PGR is in the process of rolling out the ability to get the constancias in the various states instead of having to travel to Mexico City and then *bam* the new requirements mean that folks will need to travel to Mexico City anyway to get the SSP certificate. *sigh* So, much for the PGR's help ...

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
OhCanadiana said:
Truth be told, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't book any tickets to go to Mexico City specifically for background checks anytime soon. Usually the Embassy requests the police certificates after they've assessed eligibility (ie, when you are close to the end of the process) to avoid having the police certificates expire. You don't want to have to do it twice.

You submitted your application at the end of April so, at CPC-M's current timing, they still have at least 60 days to go. They definitely won't need your police certificates for some time after that (the application needs to get mailed to Mexico City, they need to process it and assess medicals and general eligibility before they would even think about looking about the police certificates).

So, I'd wait for the dust to settle and make sure the kinks are worked out of the process ... and, frankly, that it will stick around before I bought tickets to go do this specifically. For all we know, the SSP or the Embassy will figure out a way to do it for people who don't live in Mexico (as they did with the PGR when they realized they would otherwise make people fly in just for this) ... betcha lots of people are hoping for this! The format may change as the SSP gets more requests or something else can evolve and then you'd just be even more frustrated. Sit tight, hard as it may be, and reassess once you've been approved by CPC-M.
Thanks for the advice Oh Canadiana. It just sucks because we have an credit with Air Canada expiring in mid July and I was really hoping we could use it on this, but you are right. The best thing we can do is sit tight and wait to see if there are any changes.. Thanks for your usual fantastic, level headed advice :)

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
Well, we actually did receive the request for the Certificado de antecedentes no penales a few weeks ago. This was after submitting the documents for the PGR and the state police reports. The letter stated the following:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada at our office. Before your file can be further processed, we require the following:

1. Provide our office with original police certificate from the following place:

· Certificado de Antecedentes no Penales. In order to obtain this document you must head to the Secretaria de Seguridad Pública located at Xola No. 324, Colonia del Valle, Delegación Benito Juárez, México, D.F. For further information please contact the Secretaria de Seguridad Pública at the number: (55) 56829494 ext. 150.

Please note that you have 60 days from the date of this e-mail to present the documents requested. Upon receipt of the above, we will continue the processing of the application. Should you fail to respond within the time frames stipulated the application will be assessed on the evidence available on file. This may result in the refusal of the application.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Americana In T.O. said:
Well, we actually did receive the request for the Certificado de antecedentes no penales a few weeks ago. This was after submitting the documents for the PGR and the state police reports. The letter stated the following:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada at our office. Before your file can be further processed, we require the following:

1. Provide our office with original police certificate from the following place:

· Certificado de Antecedentes no Penales. In order to obtain this document you must head to the Secretaria de Seguridad Pública located at Xola No. 324, Colonia del Valle, Delegación Benito Juárez, México, D.F. For further information please contact the Secretaria de Seguridad Pública at the number: (55) 56829494 ext. 150.

Please note that you have 60 days from the date of this e-mail to present the documents requested. Upon receipt of the above, we will continue the processing of the application. Should you fail to respond within the time frames stipulated the application will be assessed on the evidence available on file. This may result in the refusal of the application.
So they had already started it from before, interesting. Americana in TO, is your spouse in Mexico City? I would have been really upset to go to Mexico City to get the PGR, only to find out a few weeks later we would have to go back for the SSP.

Alesinha

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 17th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 24 th 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
Omg so many things are happening now... Do you guys think if I had already submitted my pgr constancy 2 months ago there will be asking for this new paper?? :-X

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Alesinha said:
Omg so many things are happening now... Do you guys think if I had already submitted my pgr constancy 2 months ago there will be asking for this new paper?? :-X
I think in your case you wont be affected by it. Just those of us going through it now.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Thanks OhCanadiana for your reply. I live in Mexico City so no biggie about "staying overnight" :p However the wifey landed yesterday and I was thinking of going out with her tomorrow, guess I'll have to take her for a trip to our lovely Federal government offices! If I get both documents tomorrow (PGR and SSP) then I'm handing everything on Tuesday. I'll ask them for sure if there's another way to get it for people living outside the country/city :)

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
edgarsitow said:
Thanks OhCanadiana for your reply. I live in Mexico City so no biggie about "staying overnight" :p However the wifey landed yesterday and I was thinking of going out with her tomorrow, guess I'll have to take her for a trip to our lovely Federal government offices! If I get both documents tomorrow (PGR and SSP) then I'm handing everything on Tuesday. I'll ask them for sure if there's another way to get it for people living outside the country/city :)

Thanks Edgar I appreciate that! Have a nice trip with your wife :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edgarsitow said:
Cool! Much easier then. For some reason I thought you were from Tijuana...did you move or am I just confused?

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
mc1234 said:
So they had already started it from before, interesting. Americana in TO, is your spouse in Mexico City? I would have been really upset to go to Mexico City to get the PGR, only to find out a few weeks later we would have to go back for the SSP.
No, he is in the States. He will send his relative to go and get it.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
ughhh I just sent in the PGR document on wednesday. Do you think they will ask for the SSP one now? I am planning on going to mexico city tomorrow for a day or so anyways so maybe we should just go and get it, in case they ask for it?