Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
gricelanora said:
thank you so much edgar for letting us know how appeals work. and congrats this is almost over for you .....

yes i know that maybe i m getting a little ahead of myself, i try keep a positive mind, but with everything going wrong i cannot help to think the worst
and believe me i hope with all my heart that the letter holds good news for my hubby and i...... once again thank you and yes if i do need any help i will keep in touch.
No probs! Anything I can do to help.

itscoezy said:
Wow that's tough :( What a journey immigration is taking you guys on! we haven't sent our application in yet.. Is there any advice you have, or anything you wish you had of done differently/included in your application to make it stronger? I know hindsight is always 20/20 and we'd all love to learn from the more experienced. :p Anything you can share would be appreciated! :)
Just make sure you send as much evidence as possible. And after you send your application, keep gathering evidence and bring it with you to the embassy. I brought what I thought was a mountain of it and the woman told me in a condescending tone "You guys don't talk much huh?" To which I replied, "We actually talk everyday" and then she smirked and said "ha, yeah right. Thanks for coming, you can leave now"

My best tip: Avoid the woman in her early 30s or so that has black hair and glasses ;)

I'm really sorry if I'm scaring any of you guys. I swear that's not my intention, but if I could go back in time then I would've been more demanding and asked first of all, to have my interview in English since that's what I requested, and secondly, asked her why she isn't asking any questions about the truthfulness of the relationship rather than focusing on irrelevant stuff.

Just make sure you're prepared, and think how you can outsmart someone being rude and condescending to you :)

Hell I even wore my best suit and got a haircut! :p

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
Nessa said:
I think we are supposed to get an AOR from Mexico City! Not sure how long it takes though. Mine was sent from Mississauga on Jan 31st and I have not heard a word from Mexico ever since.
Yes, same here!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Americana In T.O. said:
Yes, same here!
Your husband is in the US right? Undocumented. Did they send it straight to Mexico? The first time we applied they sent it to buffalo because his mailing address was in the US. Even though I said undocumented. They sent a letter asking for his US visa. I had to write back saying there wasn't one and to please send the app to Mexico. I feel like this is time consuming. I don't know if it was an error or what. I hope they send it straight to Mexico this time.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Does anyone know the address of the embassy to ask things about the application? On the sponsorship approval letter it says its on Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra but I thought the embassy was on Schiller? I´m heading to Mexico city tomorrow on some unrelated stuff and thought that if I have time I might as well drop by and ask!

Thanks! :)

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Nessa said:
Does anyone know the address of the embassy to ask things about the application? On the sponsorship approval letter it says its on Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra but I thought the embassy was on Schiller? I´m heading to Mexico city tomorrow on some unrelated stuff and thought that if I have time I might as well drop by and ask!

Thanks! :)
Hey Nessa!

Yeah it was moved. I found out the hard way while visiting the Schiller place and it looked (even more) like a haunted house with creepy bureaucrats :-X

The new location is at Corporativo MCS, right behind "Hospital Español" I don't know if we can post links so just add http:// to this: g.co/maps/ay6yw

As you can see, the building is so new that it doesn't even show on Streeview, but it's hard to miss. It's a modern silver coloured highrise.

Tip: The entrance is not directly on Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra. You have to go in through the side street. You can't miss it. I actually like the new location better (a 10 minute walk from where I work ;) ). Before it was hard for the police officers to let you in (Ask a whole bunch of questions, give you the runaround, etc.) . Now it's easier to get in and ask away.

I don't know how it works there, but remember this is a long weekend, so they might be closed.

Cheers!
Edgar.

Americana In T.O.

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/12/2011
AOR Received.
10/04/2012
File Transfer...
30/01/2012
Med's Done....
01/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/08/2012
LANDED..........
24/08/2012 YAY!!!
canadiangirl78 said:
Your husband is in the US right? Undocumented. Did they send it straight to Mexico? The first time we applied they sent it to buffalo because his mailing address was in the US. Even though I said undocumented. They sent a letter asking for his US visa. I had to write back saying there wasn't one and to please send the app to Mexico. I feel like this is time consuming. I don't know if it was an error or what. I hope they send it straight to Mexico this time.
Yes, they sent it straight to Mexico City.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
edgarsitow said:
No probs! Anything I can do to help.

Just make sure you send as much evidence as possible. And after you send your application, keep gathering evidence and bring it with you to the embassy. I brought what I thought was a mountain of it and the woman told me in a condescending tone "You guys don't talk much huh?" To which I replied, "We actually talk everyday" and then she smirked and said "ha, yeah right. Thanks for coming, you can leave now"

My best tip: Avoid the woman in her early 30s or so that has black hair and glasses ;)

I'm really sorry if I'm scaring any of you guys. I swear that's not my intention, but if I could go back in time then I would've been more demanding and asked first of all, to have my interview in English since that's what I requested, and secondly, asked her why she isn't asking any questions about the truthfulness of the relationship rather than focusing on irrelevant stuff.

Just make sure you're prepared, and think how you can outsmart someone being rude and condescending to you :)

Hell I even wore my best suit and got a haircut! :p
lol i love that you got a haircut and wore your best suit! You've got a great outlook on everything despite the crazy immigration process, good for you!!
Were you and your spouse living together or were you separated? My SO and I live together and I'm finding it so hard to find "proof" of of talking. He calls me daily on our home phone from his cell but we don't have a record of it as it's not included with our home phone or his pay as you go cell. Hopefully they'll understand we don't need to talk that much on the phone cuz we obviously talk in person.

Hoping everything works out perfectly for you from here on out! :)!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
itscoezy said:
lol i love that you got a haircut and wore your best suit! You've got a great outlook on everything despite the crazy immigration process, good for you!!
Were you and your spouse living together or were you separated? My SO and I live together and I'm finding it so hard to find "proof" of of talking. He calls me daily on our home phone from his cell but we don't have a record of it as it's not included with our home phone or his pay as you go cell. Hopefully they'll understand we don't need to talk that much on the phone cuz we obviously talk in person.

Hoping everything works out perfectly for you from here on out! :)!
Well that outlook on life wasn't always like that, but I found that pulling your hair over it won't really speed up the process :/ Keeping myself busy also helps. We've never lived together longer than 4 months at a time, mainly because of immigration. She comes and stays here for a couple of months at a time, but it's also unfair for her to leave her family and her nieces in Canada, you know what I mean?

It's not like you guys have to record your conversations, common sense would dictate that since you two live together, that's how most of your conversations happen. Just make sure you send proof of that. Also, taking lots of pictures helps a ton. If you guys don't have a camera, then buy one, and start taking photos, also dish out some old school photos from you two. I'm not really a photogenic kind of guy, but after having to document everything, I've found it quite fun, and now I have hundreds of photos of us, just regular photos, or photos of us doing dumb stuff like posing as animals at the zoo or having my finger being bit by a cockatoo. They just want to make sure it's a regular and typical relationship, not a forced one.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
edgarsitow said:
Hey Nessa!

Yeah it was moved. I found out the hard way while visiting the Schiller place and it looked (even more) like a haunted house with creepy bureaucrats :-X

The new location is at Corporativo MCS, right behind "Hospital Español" I don't know if we can post links so just add http:// to this: g.co/maps/ay6yw

As you can see, the building is so new that it doesn't even show on Streeview, but it's hard to miss. It's a modern silver coloured highrise.

Tip: The entrance is not directly on Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra. You have to go in through the side street. You can't miss it. I actually like the new location better (a 10 minute walk from where I work ;) ). Before it was hard for the police officers to let you in (Ask a whole bunch of questions, give you the runaround, etc.) . Now it's easier to get in and ask away.

I don't know how it works there, but remember this is a long weekend, so they might be closed.

Cheers!
Edgar.
Thanks! Yes, I thought it had moved so I looked up the address, and on the website it still has the old address! The old building was kind of creepy wasn´t it? hahaha.

I am planning on being there for a few days so I will make sure to not go on monday. (If I go at all) :D

sad143

Aug 7, 2011
Hello edgersitow, my husband has an interview on the 27th of march and he is a failed refugee claimant, any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..n please can I know when was your interview and if do we really have the choice to choose the officer for the interview or is it predecided? Are they the same 2 persons now also for the interview? I'm so nervous .....and worried...

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
hello everyone...

edgar i wanted to ask you... how long did it take for your wife to receive the letter, did it take months. also in the status it says decion made right could that also mean that an interview is require. or for interviews do you get emails.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Americana In T.O. said:
Yes, they sent it straight to Mexico City.
Did you write a letter explaining the situation and requesting Mexico? Or did they just go by your answers on the regular forms. I wonder if they changed the procedure or messed up with our first app by sending it to buffalo.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
sad143 said:
Hello edgersitow, my husband has an interview on the 27th of march and he is a failed refugee claimant, any advice or suggestions would be appreciated..n please can I know when was your interview and if do we really have the choice to choose the officer for the interview or is it predecided? Are they the same 2 persons now also for the interview? I'm so nervous .....and worried...

Hello sad143

Your husband will be asked questions regarding his refugee claim, they have all the previous information with them, so lying is a big no-no. Then there will be questions regarding the relationship, how did you two meet, personal info, etc. Make sure he's aware of as much information as you and viceversa. I've heard of people being asked what elementary school did the sponsor go to, so you never know what they could ask, just be prepared. Also, have him bring a mountain of extra evidence, chat logs. phone records, photos, whatever you have.

My interview was on March 23, 2010 and nope, you can't choose your officer; they assign your case to a room and they give you a number. Funny that the officers are behind bulletproof glass and there's only a small gate through which you slide documents, as if the 5 police officers and metal detectors outside weren't enough. What do you mean by two persons? You only get interviewed by one person at the embassy.

gricelanora said:
hello everyone...

edgar i wanted to ask you... how long did it take for your wife to receive the letter, did it take months. also in the status it says decion made right could that also mean that an interview is require. or for interviews do you get emails.
Hi gricelanora.

What letter? the refusal letter? That one she never got it. I was the one who received a refusal letter, they sent it like a month after the interview date, and they sent it to TIJUANA! When I had told them about my address in Mexico City twice. ??? So it took like another two months to get there. Then they forgot to include the appeal instructions, so after fighting with them over email, they sent me the appeal instructions and I emailed them to my wife along with a scanned copy of the refusal.

I can no longer find my case on eCas. After they denied me the status there switched to Decision Made. I wanted to check it after the appeal, and it was nowhere to be found, so I'm not sure. For the interview I did get an email and a letter (this one they did send it to my address in Mexico City, oh the inconsistency! )

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
Nessa said:
Thanks! Yes, I thought it had moved so I looked up the address, and on the website it still has the old address! The old building was kind of creepy wasn´t it? hahaha.

I am planning on being there for a few days so I will make sure to not go on monday. (If I go at all) :D
That website hasn't been updated in ages! And yeah the old building looked like a prison! With all the steel bars and the grumpy police officers! :eek:

I'm also planning on going to the embassy this week. Hopefully it's almost empty like last time I went. :p

gricelanora

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
thank you for sharing what happen, sorry to hear all that they have put you through, in regards to my case i don't know what to expect... i mean everything is so out the ordinary of what everyone has receive, i have had no response to any emails. nothing makes sense.....

edgar when your wife went for the appeal, did they ask your wife for you to be present as well i mean via phone.. or was it your decision.