+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
Anyone having hard time linking your application with gckey try this
Put your application number which start with F
And put number of applicant -2 and it should work :)
I just linked my application and it says biometric is good until 2031
So I don’t know what should I do now I am confused lol
I told earlier bro to put 2 in number of applicants and shared video link as well.

If they have linked biometric than you are good.

My wife also has given biometric in past but i just followed the Guide and paid for biometric. If same thing happens with me I will ask for refund.

• Love
Reactions: Shiva91

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I'm a PR in Canada, and I sponsored PR for my wife. Since the spousal PR process takes nearly a year, I applied for a visitor visa for her, which is almost complete. I'm now looking to book her flight to Canada.

I've heard from others in similar situations that immigration officers sometimes ask to see a return ticket to avoid concerns about dual intent. However, dual intent is allowed in spousal cases, according to an announcement made in May 2023.

For example, someone who traveled to Toronto in January was asked the same question. She showed her AOR letter for the spousal visa to prove her dual intent and that she planned to settle.

My question is: should I book a return ticket and cancel it later just to be safe, or is it unnecessary? Please share your journey if you went through similar process.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi
I think you should just book one way ticket.

Whatever announcement they made in May 2023, just have a copy of that ready.

If border security asks questions show them AOR, show them the announcement. Still they wanted return ticket, book at that point immediately. Else it's good.

Dont waste money.

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
I told earlier bro to put 2 in number of applicants and shared video link as well.

If they have linked biometric than you are good.

My wife also has given biometric in past but i just followed the Guide and paid for biometric. If same thing happens with me I will ask for refund.
Yeah
Thank you for your help
Much appreciated:)

Summerbliss

Oct 20, 2018
Hi All,
Quick question.
For Inland spousal application.
Applied May 14th

Myself sponsor - We have not received AOR yet. I checked multiple times.

However we received medical request email June 14th.

Is this normal?
Also, how do we apply for sowp without aor ?

Can anyone please clarify

Rysweb

Oct 22, 2020
Hi All,
Quick question.
Applied May 14th

Is this normal?

This isnt normal. Usually AOR is the first email you should’ve received. I’d assume you’ve already checked the spam folder. In this case I would use the web form and ask for IRCC’s instruction on what to do next - tell them you need it for SWOP application.

duke_hp

Dec 11, 2023
Hi All,
Quick question.
Applied May 14th

Is this normal?

That's not usual, check your SPAM folder. On medical request, there must be application number, link your application with tracker. There you can find when they sent an AOR. You need to create an individual account for Sponsor and Principal applicant. I guess in Sponsor's tracker you will see when they sent an AOR.

You can not apply for SOWP without an AOR.
If your spouse's visa or permit is expired or going to expire in 1 week then only you can apply without AOR.

Check if you have mentioned correct email address on all the forms, specially on sponsorship form.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I'm a PR in Canada, and I sponsored PR for my wife. Since the spousal PR process takes nearly a year, I applied for a visitor visa for her, which is almost complete. I'm now looking to book her flight to Canada.

I've heard from others in similar situations that immigration officers sometimes ask to see a return ticket to avoid concerns about dual intent. However, dual intent is allowed in spousal cases, according to an announcement made in May 2023.

For example, someone who traveled to Toronto in January was asked the same question. She showed her AOR letter for the spousal visa to prove her dual intent and that she planned to settle.

My question is: should I book a return ticket and cancel it later just to be safe, or is it unnecessary? Please share your journey if you went through similar process.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi
Don't book any ticket until the TRV is approved.
And it's more of an issue with the airline that they may not allow your spouse to board the plane if she holds a TRV and does not have a return ticket.
So IMO, it's better to have a return ticket that allow low fee/free cancellation.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think you should just book one way ticket.

Whatever announcement they made in May 2023, just have a copy of that ready.

If border security asks questions show them AOR, show them the announcement. Still they wanted return ticket, book at that point immediately. Else it's good.

Dont waste money.
Border security is usually not the issue. It's the airline.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All,
Quick question.
Applied May 14th

Is this normal?

AOR is the email sent to sponsor that mention the application number and that IRCC has received your application.
It's doesn't have the wordings of "AOR" in it. Double check your email/spam folder/trash folder.

Reactions: Shiva91

peachschnapps

May 21, 2024
Hi All,
Quick question.
Applied May 14th

Is this normal?

Quick question,. Did you receive the medical request or the principal applicant?

Tomjerry

Apr 20, 2021
Applied May 20
AOR June 12 (email to Sponsor)
OWP applied June 13

Quick question if someone can answer...
Does any IRCC officer link the OWP app to PR application tracker or can we (applicants) do something like that on our own? I see an excel sheet tracker which has a column named "OWP linked to account", what is that?
Did you receive any letter after OWP application which states for how long you can continue working ?

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
Did you receive any letter after OWP application which states for how long you can continue working ?
Spouse is on Visitor Visa so it is not Work Permit extension, it is actually a new OWP application.

I was wondering if there is any actual "linking" that happens between the Spousal PR application and the OWP application? Is it even possible to keep track of OWP in the PR tracker? Does the PR tracker say something on the lines of "We received your Work Permit application"?

Tomjerry

Apr 20, 2021
Spouse is on Visitor Visa so it is not Work Permit extension, it is actually a new OWP application.

I was wondering if there is any actual "linking" that happens between the Spousal PR application and the OWP application? Is it even possible to keep track of OWP in the PR tracker? Does the PR tracker say something on the lines of "We received your Work Permit application"?
So with the spouse being on visitor visa I am assuming they can’t work on implied status. Correct me if I am wrong.
With the linking I am not super familiar with the process but I think the PR tracker is only for the PR process.

aashikha

Jun 10, 2024
Category........
Other
So with the spouse being on visitor visa I am assuming they can’t work on implied status. Correct me if I am wrong.
With the linking I am not super familiar with the process but I think the PR tracker is only for the PR process.
Yes, they cannot work on implied status. For spouses who are on visitor visa, there isn't an implied status. They usually have to apply for visitor visa stay extension in order to keep living with the sponsor and keep satisfying the living with spouse condition or apply and get an OWP approved to start working.

The tracker I linked has this wording for one of the columns, "OWP linked to account" so I was curious if there is such a linking that can be done? who knows ?