Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
besykobuset said:
ours, still one process..as the agent constantly saying.. still waiting for sponsor approval :(
seems like they're delaying all the Philippine apps, it's me and a Filipina left waiting for April, and you too here in May.

Kiri said:
Oh Lord... immigration Canada better watch out. It's these sweet types you better keep an eye on... we bottle up our frustrations long enough that we go redneck on the first business that crosses us :p jk jk Not to mention with us both named Stephanie.... I think it's a trend ;P

I hope it works out for you soon too.
Yeah, don't piss off Steph is what my co-workers used to say as their mantra. You don't want to see it :p :p (except my name is not really Steph, random screen name 8))

peggyfran

May 16, 2012
The best part is the money we have to pay for this "service". If I paid that money to a private firm, i would expect some accountability. However, all we get is what we get, that along with a phone message telling us that the agents won't tolerate harrassment...

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
peggyfran said:
The best part is the money we have to pay for this "service". If I paid that money to a private firm, i would expect some accountability. However, all we get is what we get, that along with a phone message telling us that the agents won't tolerate harrassment...
I know, and I had to put it on my credit card and have been paying 20% on that money for 4 months, they are probably using my file as a plant stand. While they're making interest on my money. We should only pay when the visa is delivered.

amfiprion

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Greece
Visa Office......
Rome
App. Filed.......
31/05/2012
AOR Received.
12/07/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012 -additional documents request 27/09/2012 -sent 11/10/2012
Med's Done....
25/05/2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
12/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/11/2012
LANDED..........
22 Feb 2013
OK.... what should I say????

we paid the same fees, for the same service and you have process time 9 months when I have 14 and some others more than me!!!

well, it would be better not to grumble all time as that's not good for our mood....

we all knew what we have to wait when we started that story... if we say all time how stressful is that period for us it will take us down.

try calm down as we have to wait and only to wait... there is nothing we can do now to speed up the process...

wish the best for all of us

;)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
amfiprion said:

we paid the same fees, for the same service and you have process time 9 months when I have 14 and some others more than me!!!

well, it would be better not to grumble all time as that's not good for our mood....

we all knew what we have to wait when we started that story... if we say all time how stressful is that period for us it will take us down.

try calm down as we have to wait and only to wait... there is nothing we can do now to speed up the process...

;)
Well, if we don't grumble then it will be pretty quiet around here ;D

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Steph C said:
Well, if we don't grumble then it will be pretty quiet around here ;D
Totally agree, we all come on here to let off a bit of steam, chat about our experiences and our experiences and these pages serve for people in the future who will look back at what they might expect. I know I have certainly looked back to previous months, years to see what those guys went through or are going through.

If you don't like the moaning and complaining well perhaps a forum where the majority are anxious, depressed, fed up and want to vent is not for you. Just take what people say with a pinch of salt but I think the boards are great where we can share experiences, frustrations. After all you can bet your ass CIC dont care!!

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Please i would appreciate if anyone could highlight some suggestion to my question. My wife just called me that when she was going through the 3 pages essay she wrote about herself and how our relationship developped she found out that she did not bring the junior high school she attended in the essay but it was writen in the application where she named all the schools she attended.She made a editting mistake in the essay that from primary school she went to senior high school instead of junior high school before the senior high school but in the main application form everything was ok. So my question is that should we notify the officer about the editing mistake she made on the essay or there is no need? They requested some educational document from her which i don't know whether it was because of the mistake she made on the essay that why the request or it is just standard demand. Thanks in advance! She is worried but i am not cos she has picture of all the school she went from high school to university wearing uniform bearing the name of the school which a blind office would see plus she has already been given transcript and testimonail letter as well.

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
amfiprion said:

;)
What you fail to realize is that after 4 months of waiting, I was told to START OVER. There is no record of me there right now.. it's as if I never even started this process. So I'm not waiting, I'm starting over. If I were waiting, I'd be fine.. but the fact that I have to re-organize everything and re-do police checks, $40 fingerprints, etc gives me every right in the world to be pissed off. No, I did not know that I would have to REDO everything because someone couldn't see that I had the CORRECT forms on the TOP of my package, only to return my package saying I didn't have them making no note that I ever existed -- AFTER sitting on my package for 3.5 months never opening it according to them.

Waiting would be fantastic. That's not what I'm dealing with.

Also, I'm usually the one trying to keep others positive. I think at this point, I'm doing pretty good just to grumble when I'm out right irate about the situation. Try being told you're not longer a May applicant and see how you feel about it. I'd love to just be waiting and not starting over.

My process time was not 9 months. My process time was estimated at 3 months first stage and 12 months second stage actually for 80% of applicants. Well first stage took me 4 months actually, only to be told it's unprocessed so I've not even STARTED first stage AGAIN. So if I end up going the whole haul.. I'll have spent 18-19 months for a freaking American application. That said, your 14 months looks mighty appealing.

I paid the fees for the same service as you... but I'm not getting the same service. Nor is Steph C to be at 5 months with stage 1 not completed.

Please don't try to calm people down with things that don't apply to them actually... it just makes it worse. I appreciate the concern, but you wouldn't understand. I hope you do not take offense to this as I'm just trying to help you see from this perspective.

OH, and I also love how someone gave me a negative over one of my recent posts explaining that I have to redo my package, not sure which post. Hilarious.

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Be strong, Kiri! You will be able to survive and you will have happy life ahead of you and be smiling with your loved one. My heart goes out to you, and so do many others'. It's ok to be frustrated and be angry. We know you are not always that way. We are all human and we face good and bad times. We all take things differently. I would feel the same way as you do.

Be strong Steph and besykobuset, too. We will be smiling big sooner or later. ;D

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
AnaMaria said:
Be strong, Kiri! You will be able to survive and you will have happy life ahead of you and be smiling with your loved one. My heart goes out to you, and so do many others'. It's ok to be frustrated and be angry. We know you are not always that way. We are all human and we face good and bad times. We all take things differently. I would feel the same way as you do.

Be strong Steph and besykobuset, too. We will be smiling big sooner or later. ;D
I hope so. Thank you for your kind words.

Sinthu4sutha

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28th 2012
Doc's Request.
feb 8th 2013
File Transfer...
July 4th 2012
Med's Request
feb 8th 2013
Med's Done....
November 2011- re medical feb 11th 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 5th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 8th 2013
LANDED..........
April 12 th 2013
errr hate this waiting game... :mad: :(

Emily2301

May 15, 2011
bonitanita said:
When I had my meds done, I told them my VO was mississauga. I got told in another forum that I should have said London.

Anyway, I called London, the lady listened to my story and then said "hold on". I got transferred to an answering machine saying I cannot get any case specific info.

So, I emailed them through the website. This was 6 weeks ago and still no response.

I called cic here in Canada and told them what happened. She said two things:
- I don't need to worry that I said Mississauga instead of London because it all goes in the same system anyway and it doesn't matter
- It won't say meds rcvd on ECAS because it doesn't always say that. - I think she was lying there.

Anyway, if you want some answers about your meds running out, I'd suggest calling in Canada. London won't help you.
My ecas doesn't say meds received either.I'm also a bit concerned but mainly because my meds have expired by now (did them too early) and now I don't even know if they received them and are maybe looking into extending them or what is going on. I have read somewhere else that it doesn't always say meds received on ecas, so maybe there is some truth to that. My doctor also used the wrong form and sent it off which I found out before I sent my application (I had to educate my doctor's office on the different forms which was kinda "interesting"), and when I called CIC for advice I was also told I shouldn't worry because everything was going to the same place and they would still be able to match my results to my application. They also advised me to write an explanation to include with my application which I did. I guess I will find out sooner or later... The extension could be done until November, so I was kinda thinking that I would redo my meds if I didn't hear anything until then. Don't want to waste time and money (especially time though). I might call CIC and get some insight, if they have any.

Emily2301

May 15, 2011
Kiri said:
...yes I have. :\ I'm not a May applicant anymore. I've posted here and the US thread, and the Buffalo thread a lot in the past couple weeks actually - only been gone a couple days.

My entire package was sent back to me thoroughly torn apart. (all envelopes thrown away, labels and keys, paper clipped things to other things that don't belong together, etc) And said I was missing forms and I wasn't... but they made no record of me so I have to reapply as a September applicant this week. That's what's going on with me which I've said before, I guess it was missed? Who knows. Not worried about it too much. I'm sick of this whole process.

So anyway, you can just completely remove me because they aren't even making a note that I'm a May applicant at all. Took them over 100 damn days to open it just to tell me that. I'm irritated by it, but I have been posting so I've been around (my profile shows how active I've still been if curious) As far as CanadianJeepGuy, his file was transferred and he's just missing some docs... I don't remember his application being sent back to him at all - check his profile ;)

Anyway. Good luck to you guys, I'll be 4 months behind you all even though I was an early May applicant. And yes, I'll be around like I have been in the American threads. If anything in my post sounds harsh, apologies. I'm just irritated as hell over this crap because while they say it's a privilege to be in Canada, it's not for me. I'm from America and have freedoms so I'm not coming here to take from citizens. Hell, I have no intention to even work a Canadian job. I have an American one I will keep. I get the same benefits (even medical) in America and my extension lasts until my partner gets out of college so if it comes down to it, we'll just go back to America. I'm not pleased with this system in the slightest. I was treated unfairly and there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

Ugh.
This SUCKS, Kiri!! I totally get what you're saying about your home country. I sometimes get defensive about this "privilege" thing, for example when I think of the job opportunities, the acceptance of my degree, and the medical care that I would have in my country. I do plan on workin a Canadian job though ;D And in the end I get that it is me who wants to come here and live and work here. But emotionally it is sometimes a different story. GOOD LUCK to you! Hopefully your application will come in at a time when everything is moving faster all the sudden and you won't have lost too much time. One can hope! :)

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Kiri said:
Please don't try to calm people down with things that don't apply to them actually... it just makes it worse. I appreciate the concern, but you wouldn't understand. I hope you do not take offense to this as I'm just trying to help you see from this perspective.

OH, and I also love how someone gave me a negative over one of my recent posts explaining that I have to redo my package, not sure which post. Hilarious.
I'm with you, I dislike it when people try and tell me how to act or feel.. especially I don't like to be told to be patient or to calm down. I get a lot of negative ratings, I think it's because I don't care if I speak my mind, sometimes it's just because they think I complain too much probably.. funny how people don't really care if you try and be nice or to help them but theres enough who like to complain if you complain ::) If I was going for positives I would join a 'happy forum' if those exist :p Don't worry about those minuses they give you character ;D Just wish we can give minuses to our CIC agents who screw up our organized files :p

Anyways, update on my case. I phoned again today and they said they finished their checks on me. But the agent said first (I thought??) that a decision was made and then said there was no decision yet and that I would be the first to know if there was. Do you think I was denied? Because I know if you're approved they will tell you over the phone. But I think if you're denied they wouldn't. It was a bit of an awkward conversation.. I always get the bilingual French Canadians for some reason, probably they're the least busy.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Yeah, you always get "them" because of the (ahem) job requirements:

WANTED: Call centre telephone answerer. No previous customer service skills necessary (or future for that matter). MUST be bilingual. English speaking only applicants will NOT be accepted.