Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
truesmile said:
Yeah, you always get "them" because of the (ahem) job requirements:

WANTED: Call centre telephone answerer. No previous customer service skills necessary (or future for that matter). MUST be bilingual. English speaking only applicants will NOT be accepted.
So to be considered bilingual you must have flawless French, and passable English. Not flawless English and passable French! Seems legit.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Steph C said:
I'm with you, I dislike it when people try and tell me how to act or feel.. especially I don't like to be told to be patient or to calm down. I get a lot of negative ratings, I think it's because I don't care if I speak my mind, sometimes it's just because they think I complain too much probably.. funny how people don't really care if you try and be nice or to help them but theres enough who like to complain if you complain ::) If I was going for positives I would join a 'happy forum' if those exist :p Don't worry about those minuses they give you character ;D Just wish we can give minuses to our CIC agents who screw up our organized files :p

Anyways, update on my case. I phoned again today and they said they finished their checks on me. But the agent said first (I thought??) that a decision was made and then said there was no decision yet and that I would be the first to know if there was. Do you think I was denied? Because I know if you're approved they will tell you over the phone. But I think if you're denied they wouldn't. It was a bit of an awkward conversation.. I always get the bilingual French Canadians for some reason, probably they're the least busy.
Hey StephC....no not telling you on the phone does not mean you are not approved.....some agents will not tell you on the phone what the "DM" says...they will just say you will hear a letter has been sent out.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
It really upsets me to check in on this forum and not hear/read good news. I am sad for my fellow may applicants who are still waiting for stage one. Especially when applicants in June/July are getting approvals daily.

This is SO WRONG.

I think we need to take some proactive action. If we all join forces and sign a petition or letters or something then maybe we can do something. If one person is calling here and there complaining, they're going to ignore them. If we act together and express our problems as a group, who knows, they might do something.

We all agree that applications should be processed in order right?
We also agree that certain visa offices need to act faster. Seriously, waiting 7 months or longer for stage two is not acceptable and there should be no reason for it.
We all agree that the fees are considerably high considering the lack of support applicants are given.
And, we all agree that ECAS is flakey.

I think we need to act. Together. If people keep grumbling on here and every now and again on the phone to agent, nothing will change ever.

Any ideas? Anyone interested in taking some real, positive action?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
bonitanita said:
It really upsets me to check in on this forum and not hear/read good news. I am sad for my fellow may applicants who are still waiting for stage one. Especially when applicants in June/July are getting approvals daily.

This is SO WRONG.

I think we need to take some proactive action. If we all join forces and sign a petition or letters or something then maybe we can do something. If one person is calling here and there complaining, they're going to ignore them. If we act together and express our problems as a group, who knows, they might do something.

We also agree that certain visa offices need to act faster. Seriously, waiting 7 months or longer for stage two is not acceptable and there should be no reason for it.
We all agree that the fees are considerably high considering the lack of support applicants are given.

I think we need to act. Together. If people keep grumbling on here and every now and again on the phone to agent, nothing will change ever.

It is terrible that May applicants have been treated the way they have (Especially May applicants between 1st May- 15th May, it does seem everybody after 15th May got preferential treatment. Sure they split May applications up between 2 processing centres)

Until those who are left have some form of decision/ closure on why they are still open on stage 1 it is hard to know what to do. Perhaps those left dont qualify in the eyes of CIC, I don't know but without a decision then it is hard to berate them if these people then after we petition are refused sponsorship on inaddmissibility.

Forums like this 1 keep us all sane and help us along our road to the holy grail, what we have worked so hard for. We can comfort each other, guide each other and the bit CIC probably dislikes the most is compare our applications , which on the evidence seems like a similar case.

Cases should have been processed in order for stage 1, I agree 100% with that statement BUT some cases require further delving in to certain people's applications and whether they are qualifying with their application, the knock on effect of that is whilst they deliberate over certain cases, do they move forwards with others who have applied after them? (I realise May was all over the shop and obviously this was not the case with all of these applications)

Stage 2 is a completely different scenario because applications are processed as received by VO (which is correct but the fact stage 1 was such an abomination compounds those that suffered so harshly in stage 1 (May 1st - May 15th). 7 months is by far and away too long, obviously longer for people who have harder background checks, are not from specific countries (Seems to me that people from Sydney, ND, London, Beijing and Manilla have their cases approved far faster than a lot of other VO'S). Whether CIC says it or not they have preferential treatment for immigrants from certain countries.

As for fees, for the service you receive, it is frankly disgusting. I have no qualms in paying $1040 for an application but what I expect/ expected was a lot more than what we have received, we are kept in the dark, with absoloutely no updates whatsoever. How can people prepare for another life when CIC keep people's lives in limbo and if you try to find answers you are met with a wall of silence. This is something I would expect had I applied to immigrate to a communist country. ECAS is pretty much a non-entity, all it does is update information after you already know about it (in the cases of people who were informed about their application via postal mail, as was my case).

As for acting upon what we have all seen with our own eyes, how do we go about trying to reform change, we are not Canadian, we have very little rights and they damn well know this, so they do as they please. I am open to suggestions so others after me can benefit from a more fair system. Sadly I think our protest/ plea's will fall in deaf ears.

Good luck everybody and be strong!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
R151NG5UN said:
It is terrible that May applicants have been treated the way they have (Especially May applicants between 1st May- 15th May, it does seem everybody after 15th May got preferential treatment. Sure they split May applications up between 2 processing centres)

Until those who are left have some form of decision/ closure on why they are still open on stage 1 it is hard to know what to do. Perhaps those left dont qualify in the eyes of CIC, I don't know but without a decision then it is hard to berate them if these people then after we petition are refused sponsorship on inaddmissibility.

Forums like this 1 keep us all sane and help us along our road to the holy grail, what we have worked so hard for. We can comfort each other, guide each other and the bit CIC probably dislikes the most is compare our applications , which on the evidence seems like a similar case.

Cases should have been processed in order for stage 1, I agree 100% with that statement BUT some cases require further delving in to certain people's applications and whether they are qualifying with their application, the knock on effect of that is whilst they deliberate over certain cases, do they move forwards with others who have applied after them? (I realise May was all over the shop and obviously this was not the case with all of these applications)

Stage 2 is a completely different scenario because applications are processed as received by VO (which is correct but the fact stage 1 was such an abomination compounds those that suffered so harshly in stage 1 (May 1st - May 15th). 7 months is by far and away too long, obviously longer for people who have harder background checks, are not from specific countries (Seems to me that people from Sydney, ND, London, Beijing and Manilla have their cases approved far faster than a lot of other VO'S). Whether CIC says it or not they have preferential treatment for immigrants from certain countries.

As for fees, for the service you receive, it is frankly disgusting. I have no qualms in paying $1040 for an application but what I expect/ expected was a lot more than what we have received, we are kept in the dark, with absoloutely no updates whatsoever. How can people prepare for another life when CIC keep people's lives in limbo and if you try to find answers you are met with a wall of silence. This is something I would expect had I applied to immigrate to a communist country. ECAS is pretty much a non-entity, all it does is update information after you already know about it (in the cases of people who were informed about their application via postal mail, as was my case).

As for acting upon what we have all seen with our own eyes, how do we go about trying to reform change, we are not Canadian, we have very little rights and they damn well know this, so they do as they please. I am open to suggestions so others after me can benefit from a more fair system. Sadly I think our protest/ plea's will fall in deaf ears.

Good luck everybody and be strong!
Well, not trying is failure itself. I'm a strong believer in standing up for what you believe in and for making yourself heard when you have a voice of reason.

In my opinion, a letter with specific problems experienced by all of us should be listed. We then need to find a way to get everyone on it.
Either: A.one person writes a generic letter & posts it on here so that every sponsor can copy and paste it and mail it to CIC around the same time. If they get flooded with mail about these issues... they may be forced into reading at least one of them.

Or: B.We could start a new forum for a petition. One person writes a generic letter and everyone who is willing to "sign" the petition writes their full name in the forum and it will be added to the letter sent to CIC. Both sponsors and applicants could sign it.

I don't agree with you about us not having any rights. We have our sponsors on our side who are willing to fight with us.

If anyone likes either idea a or b, please say so and then we'll be able to take another step. If you have any other ideas, share them :)

nole73

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2012
AOR Received.
Vienna AOR 26-09-2012; "In Process" 10-10-2012
File Transfer...
02-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
PPR & Police Certificate - 19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
bonitanita said:
Well, not trying is failure itself. I'm a strong believer in standing up for what you believe in and for making yourself heard when you have a voice of reason.

In my opinion, a letter with specific problems experienced by all of us should be listed. We then need to find a way to get everyone on it.
Either: A.one person writes a generic letter & posts it on here so that every sponsor can copy and paste it and mail it to CIC around the same time. If they get flooded with mail about these issues... they may be forced into reading at least one of them.

Or: B.We could start a new forum for a petition. One person writes a generic letter and everyone who is willing to "sign" the petition writes their full name in the forum and it will be added to the letter sent to CIC. Both sponsors and applicants could sign it.

I don't agree with you about us not having any rights. We have our sponsors on our side who are willing to fight with us.

If anyone likes either idea a or b, please say so and then we'll be able to take another step. If you have any other ideas, share them :)
Big props to both bonitanita and R151NG5UN. You pretty much nailed all the flaws of so-called immigration process. First half of May applicants got killed and the way the CIC is handling our concerns is simply amazing. I've never encountered so much ignorance - they know that they are in charge and that we're pretty much in a situation where we need to sit down and keep quiet.

Regardless, the aforementioned petition is way overdue. Let's just hope that it won't affect our applications at the end of the day...

crna80

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-7-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-2-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
I understand the frustration, however, I agree with Rising Sun, that as applicants our rights are limited. Everyone's situation is very different. It's as if we are guests in someone's home and want to complain about the service. And as you most likely know, customs doesn't really need a valid reason to deny you entry. If the Canadians want to complain then they have that right, but I'm not interested in jeopardizing my application. And certainly once your status is certain, then letters describing the inefficiencies etc would be in order. To be honest I have nothing to compare this process to. I don;t know if the fee is high, or the times long. To me, it is what it is, and it will get done when they are good and ready. It is not fair, but neither is New Delhi folks getting their stage two while others wait years.
I appreciate all you do on this forum, thank you for that, the information here is priceless.

bonitanita said:

This is SO WRONG.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
bonitanita said:
Hi guys! I got approval finally this morning via email. It came from Ottawa Pilot. Yay!

Everybody I spoke to said it was in Mississauga..

Let me stress that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my application. No requesting documents or anything. Wow. Four and a half months. I do believe everything is for a reason, so I hope there's a good cosmic reason for this. My other half is super excited. Me, I'm relieved and also feeling trepidation about the next step. I don't even know if we will be approved as a conjugal couple, and I know it's a long road ahead.. We agreed today that he will enroll in some more courses to upgrade his skills while waiting, so hopefully he can keep busy and not get too depressed! And now, I can book my flight there to visit him! It's a good end to the week and a nice 5 year 1 monthiversary present :D

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Steph C said:
Hi guys! I got approval finally this morning via email. It came from Ottawa Pilot. Yay!

Let me stress that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my application. No requesting documents or anything. Wow. Four and a half months. I do believe everything is for a reason, so I hope there's a good cosmic reason for this. My other half is super excited. Me, I'm relieved and also feeling trepidation about the next step. I don't even know if we will be approved as a conjugal couple, and I know it's a long road ahead.. We agreed today that he will enroll in some more courses to upgrade his skills while waiting, so hopefully he can keep busy and not get too depressed! And now, I can book my flight there to visit him! It's a good end to the week and a nice 5 year 1 monthiversary present :D
Hey Steph C! Congrats :D I was really looking forward to you posting this today. I checked the forum now and voila! You finally got it. Enjoy the feeling! I wish you a super fast second stage. :)

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Steph C said:

Congrats Steph! I know how long you have been patiently waiting... All the best for stage 2!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
YAY STEPH! STOKED FOR YOU!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Steph C said:
Oh my God! I totally want to go to that party! hehe!

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
bonitanita said:
Oh my God! I totally want to go to that party! hehe!
Immigration party! Everyone's invited..

nole73

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2012
AOR Received.
Vienna AOR 26-09-2012; "In Process" 10-10-2012
File Transfer...
02-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
PPR & Police Certificate - 19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Steph C said:

Congrats!!!!!!!! Wish you a speedy Stage 2 journey!!