Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
truesmile said:
Welcome to the forum Tsichi15. So just to be clear, the visa processing office you selected for your outland application was NOT Manila? Is that right? If you aren't at Stage 2 yet, I'm wondering if you can change VO office . . . (I'm sure someone will post on that subject)
Is it true that they will sometimes choose the VO for you if another seems more appropriate?
About Tsichi's question, I would wait until they request your passport to go back to the Philippines and wait, because at that point you will need to get your passport back from your employer. If your VO was Manila it usually happens one month after your file lands there.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
bonitanita said:
Rising Sun - mine does not say meds rcvd. That worries me. :(
I would be a little concerned also if they had not matched your records. Have you tried to send an E-mail to the high Commisson/ Visa office/ Embassy. I had a look on the CIC website and it appears you can't even phone relating to any case specific enquiries unless your application is longer than the CIC stated processing times (8 months).

I am a little concerned since my medical expires in 7 weeks and not really sure what protocol to follow, hoping that they issue my COPR and a medical extension within that time.

Do you know of anyway to speak to somebody directly? and not an E-mail because those will just go unanswered :'( . Now our applications are sitting in the London VO can my wife contact mississagua for case enquiries or is Mississagua done with the application and wont help since the application is not with them any more.

Very very confused (So sick and tired of my life being on hold)

CdnRNUSN

Star Member
Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9 2013
AOR Received.
July 20 2012
File Transfer...
July 31 2012
Med's Done....
March 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 9 2013
Omg this waiting game is killin me! :eek: :eek: We are hoping to move back to Canada November and hope that we have been approved by then! Luckily, my hubby can come with me while we wait!

Canuck_28

Oct 5, 2011
cgagnon said:
They are still finishing up february for step 2 approval and beginning of march is in process....
Does anybody know of a site that shows the Ottawa processing times? Would love to see something in writting showing how long or I guess, how slow they are moving on these.

Thanks!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Canuck_28 said:
Does anybody know of a site that shows the Ottawa processing times? Would love to see something in writting showing how long or I guess, how slow they are moving on these.

Thanks!
Hey,

You are probably best posting that question in the Buffalo thread as those guys seem to be talking about that very subject. I think the wait at Ottawa has slowed down because of the closure and file transfers of the Buffalo applicants.

Good luck :D

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
bonitanita said:
Thanks. I got mine when I extended my tourist visa at the start of the year...
How do you know how long your tourist visa is valid for, I am assuming it is 6 months (from the UK) but the stamp in my passport doesn't say anything. I got here just over a week ago and the guy who stamped my passport was very inquisitive asking so many questions about how I could have met my boyfriend if he is canadian and I'm from Scotland etc. but he never mentioned how long I can stay in the country. (I do have a return for the 29th October as I was scared of booking a one way and looking suspicious.) It had been a long flight and I was flustered with all my bags so never thought to ask!

Any one have an idea?

Franzi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-15-2012 (received 05-17-2012)
Doc's Request.
10-12-2012 additional information req.
AOR Received.
Vienna 09-26-2012, in process 10-09-2012, DM 01-18-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
issues 14-01-2013, received COPR 30-01-2013
LANDED..........
February 05, 2013!!!!!!!!!
johare12 said:
How do you know how long your tourist visa is valid for, I am assuming it is 6 months (from the UK) but the stamp in my passport doesn't say anything. I got here just over a week ago and the guy who stamped my passport was very inquisitive asking so many questions about how I could have met my boyfriend if he is canadian and I'm from Scotland etc. but he never mentioned how long I can stay in the country. (I do have a return for the 29th October as I was scared of booking a one way and looking suspicious.) It had been a long flight and I was flustered with all my bags so never thought to ask!

Any one have an idea?
If they didn't write a date under the stamp, it is good for 6 months.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
johare12 said:

Any one have an idea?
Yeah TRV's are valid for 6 months as standard unless you requested a longer visa but you would have had to apply I believe.

On a side note I find it funny in today's world of the internet that immigration officials and other governmental officials are miffed how 2 people from across the world could have met because surely a lot of immigration applicants have met this way, I assume a high percentage of couples who applied for immigration met across the net in 1 way or another. I guess a few years ago 2 people meeting from the internet was a taboo subject but it seems a lot of people do meet this way now. :p

Tsichi15

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
truesmile said:
Welcome to the forum Tsichi15. So just to be clear, the visa processing office you selected for your outland application was NOT Manila? Is that right? If you aren't at Stage 2 yet, I'm wondering if you can change VO office . . . (I'm sure someone will post on that subject)
Good news from my lovidabs! He just received the approval letter! :D thanks God!
They said we met all the requirements for the application and they had sent the papers to abu dhabi. So i guess that would be the stage 2 ryt? And once they received the papers, thats the tym that i would be able to change my address just in case my contract ends?
Is it possible to change visa office while the process is ongoing?

Thanks for the reply

mattrox10

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
25-07-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
07-04-2012
Passport Req..
28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2013
CdnRNUSN said:
Omg this waiting game is killin me! :eek: :eek: We are hoping to move back to Canada November and hope that we have been approved by then! Luckily, my hubby can come with me while we wait!
We have practically the same time line and we are keeping our fingers crossed for the same thing, but wishing for at least before Christmas.
Best of luck to you :)

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
R151NG5UN said:
I would be a little concerned also if they had not matched your records. Have you tried to send an E-mail to the high Commisson/ Visa office/ Embassy. I had a look on the CIC website and it appears you can't even phone relating to any case specific enquiries unless your application is longer than the CIC stated processing times (8 months).

I am a little concerned since my medical expires in 7 weeks and not really sure what protocol to follow, hoping that they issue my COPR and a medical extension within that time.

Do you know of anyway to speak to somebody directly? and not an E-mail because those will just go unanswered :'( . Now our applications are sitting in the London VO can my wife contact mississagua for case enquiries or is Mississagua done with the application and wont help since the application is not with them any more.

Very very confused (So sick and tired of my life being on hold)
When I had my meds done, I told them my VO was mississauga. I got told in another forum that I should have said London.

Anyway, I called London, the lady listened to my story and then said "hold on". I got transferred to an answering machine saying I cannot get any case specific info.

So, I emailed them through the website. This was 6 weeks ago and still no response.

I called cic here in Canada and told them what happened. She said two things:
- I don't need to worry that I said Mississauga instead of London because it all goes in the same system anyway and it doesn't matter
- It won't say meds rcvd on ECAS because it doesn't always say that. - I think she was lying there.

Anyway, if you want some answers about your meds running out, I'd suggest calling in Canada. London won't help you.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
johare12 said:

Any one have an idea?

You have 6 months. After that, you can extend if you want. :)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Tsichi15 said:
Good news from my lovidabs! He just received the approval letter! :D thanks God!
They said we met all the requirements for the application and they had sent the papers to abu dhabi. So i guess that would be the stage 2 ryt? And once they received the papers, thats the tym that i would be able to change my address just in case my contract ends?
Is it possible to change visa office while the process is ongoing?

Thanks for the reply
great news about the approval!!!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
bonitanita said:
When I had my meds done, I told them my VO was mississauga. I got told in another forum that I should have said London.

Anyway, I called London, the lady listened to my story and then said "hold on". I got transferred to an answering machine saying I cannot get any case specific info.

So, I emailed them through the website. This was 6 weeks ago and still no response.

I called cic here in Canada and told them what happened. She said two things:
- I don't need to worry that I said Mississauga instead of London because it all goes in the same system anyway and it doesn't matter
- It won't say meds rcvd on ECAS because it doesn't always say that. - I think she was lying there.

Anyway, if you want some answers about your meds running out, I'd suggest calling in Canada. London won't help you.

When I applied I did exactly the same as you. Put down Mississagua as my VO. I went about my application haphazardly and done everything in the wrong order, 1st medical then police check and thought the paperwork would be a doddle. Well with a hard drive crash midway through getting my papers together it set me back even more time.

I find it strange it does not say your medicals have been received but they have had your file at London VO for about 6-7 weeks now? I would have thought they would have checked documents in your file within that time. 6-7 weeks is quite a long time to have the file considering London VO is averaging 84 days to complete stage 2. I honestly would have thought you would have heard something.

Fingers crossed :D