Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
The "process" would have to stop anyway though, wouldn't it? If the application doesn't get past first stage approval, the rest of it isn't looked at. I guess I'm confused about what you are saying. But anyway, don't think about that stuff because you'll be fine. You're not in default on a previous undertaking or a criminal or some other offense that would warrant rejection.
In the application there is a place where you have to tell immigration whether you would like to proceed with the process or not depending on sponsorship outcome..... you can either go ahead, which gives you the option of appealing the decision...or stop the process and get your money back and try again later.

I chose the latter instead of proceeding.

geekneeo

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2011
AOR Received.
9-07-2011 (only confirmation from ecas application received 29-06-2011
File Transfer...
14-06-2011
Passport Req..
02-09-2011
Just wondering if I should be concerned that I never received an AOR. The only reason I know the Sydney office has our application is because of ECAS, but from what I am reading ECAS doesnt seem to be very reliable. Any thoughts?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't be bummed! Nothing good ever happens easily. We'll just keep our excitement on hold until we know for sure, then, but I have a feeling this will be the best Ramadan present ever :D

Why would someone send unsolicited personal messages about their "negative experiences" (I'm assuming you mean immigration fraud)? I guess they just want to prevent this from happening to someone else? They do need to consider though, that every relationship is different, and even if your husband is the same nationality as the men that did them wrong does not mean that makes your husband just like those other men. Don't let those stories get you down about your relationship. Although I should mention that I just watched that documentary on immigration fraud on CBC (The Passionate Eye series)......quite interesting.
dair2dv8103100 said:
Thanks...I really hope so. I have been really bummed lately and I am not usually like that.

Been getting PM's about all these negative experiences. Does not make things any easier in this already difficult process.

Sorry I have not been following here....but congrats to anyone who has been approved or moving along!!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmn, you did? Yeah, now I recall that choice as I was doing my application (and I can't believe I don't even remember which I requested). But yeah, I had been confused by how you phrased it the first time but the way it's written below makes sense, with the sponsored person's part being put on hold, I assume, while the refusal of the sponsor is appealed.
dair2dv8103100 said:
In the application there is a place where you have to tell immigration whether you would like to proceed with the process or not depending on sponsorship outcome..... you can either go ahead, which gives you the option of appealing the decision...or stop the process and get your money back and try again later.

I chose the latter instead of proceeding.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
Don't be bummed! Nothing good ever happens easily. We'll just keep our excitement on hold until we know for sure, then, but I have a feeling this will be the best Ramadan present ever :D

Why would someone send unsolicited personal messages about their "negative experiences" (I'm assuming you mean immigration fraud)? I guess they just want to prevent this from happening to someone else? They do need to consider though, that every relationship is different, and even if your husband is the same nationality as the men that did them wrong does not mean that makes your husband just like those other men. Don't let those stories get you down about your relationship. Although I should mention that I just watched that documentary on immigration fraud on CBC (The Passionate Eye series)......quite interesting.
Thank you I needed that encouragement today :) Inshallah everything will now move smoothly.

Yes, the men are from the same country. Truly I know more couples that are happy (struggling yes) but happy with their marriages. But I find it frustrating when someone has been hurt by one person and generalise about a whole society. If...and only IF my husband came here and did any of those things to me they mentioned....then I could complain...but only about him and a handful of others. Because I know in general everyone no matter where they come from or what they look like or what religion they follow ultimately just want to have a loving relationship. It is simple human nature.

I have shared my personal story on another thread here and I can tell you...I could really trash Canadian men with what I have been through. But I know that is completely false and stereo typing. I made bad decisions in my relationships too. No one is innocent. I would not PM someone and trash them and their spouse simply because of my personal experiences!!

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So true, I heard Harper is cracking down on immigration, I hope this does not affect spousal sponsorships.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Warning - I need to vent about e-cas here. I got emails from e-cas tracker at 5:23 AM and 5:43 PM TODAY saying the exact same information that it has relayed to me since it was able to log in: the date Buffalo got my file. What the hell is going on or is e-cas just having spasms today? Or perhaps it's the tracker, per se, and not e-cas? That makes 5 different emails from e-cas tracker with the exact same message. Anyone relate??

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Warning - I need to vent about e-cas here. I got emails from e-cas tracker at 5:23 AM and 5:43 PM TODAY saying the exact same information that it has relayed to me since it was able to log in: the date Buffalo got my file. What the hell is going on or is e-cas just having spasms today? Or perhaps it's the tracker, per se, and not e-cas? That makes 5 different emails from e-cas tracker with the exact same message. Anyone relate??

Totally relate! I had about 6 updates on my e-cas tracker - very nerve racking at the time ...and then it got just annoying and boring.

I dont think its the tracker; I went on to my ecas each time and I did see the chaos on there myself. :-\

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really?? So you also just have the date they received it at the VO in there and nothing else? If it's not the tracker just repeating itself, then what on e-cas prompts it to send out (apparently) the same information?
spicymum said:
Totally relate! I had about 6 updates on my e-cas tracker - very nerve racking at the time ...and then it got just annoying and boring.

I dont think its the tracker; I went on to my ecas each time and I did see the chaos on there myself. :-\

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
hello MAYBIES!!!!

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
July 12, 2011 (Appendix A, PP, Libyan Police Clearance
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
hello everyone! I stepped away from the site for a while. Pressure is getting into me... lol.
Have you received your PPR yet sT tHOMAS?
Update regarding my husband's police clearance request, DFA in Manila is not able to obtain one due to peace and order situation in Libya so my husband send a letter to vo stating that reason. Passport and Appendix A were also mailed. More waiting again.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
arian74 said:
hello everyone! I stepped away from the site for a while. Pressure is getting into me... lol.
Have you received your PPR yet sT tHOMAS?
Update regarding my husband's police clearance request, DFA in Manila is not able to obtain one due to peace and order situation in Libya so my husband send a letter to vo stating that reason. Passport and Appendix A were also mailed. More waiting again.
Good luck to you and yes more waiting!

No passport request until now, actually there are three of us who have the same date to when the sponsor was approved. You are only a week ahead of us. So we are really worried and frustrated :(

ferrer29

May 11, 2011
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
AOR Received.
Received at CEM 11-07-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
sthomas said:
Good luck to you and yes more waiting!

No passport request until now, actually there are three of us who have the same date to when the sponsor was approved. You are only a week ahead of us. So we are really worried and frustrated :(
Yeah, it is pretty hard to relax when it seems like our PPRs are taking their time getting to us. :eek: Getting anxious here...but then again, we can't do anything but wait. My hubby says the weather in the P.I. has been bad so maybe that's added to the waiting. :(

@ blestcheche and stthomas: Hopefully, this week will be our week :)
goodluck, arian74!

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
ferrer29 said:
Yeah, it is pretty hard to relax when it seems like our PPRs are taking their time getting to us. :eek: Getting anxious here...but then again, we can't do anything but wait. My hubby says the weather in the P.I. has been bad so maybe that's added to the waiting. :(

@ blestcheche and stthomas: Hopefully, this week will be our week :)
goodluck, arian74!
Yeap, blestcheche and I are really worried. Like people from Manila forum got their pprs within 2 to 4 weeks from the time their Sponsor got approved. And us? Its like 6 weeks already!!!!!!!

It is not so bad, I went to post office, everything's normal. They received mails from Manila everyday, two sacks of mails everyday!!! And NONE for me! hahahahahhahahaah

And one more thing, on a positive note, 98 percent of the forumers (Manila) from MARCH batch already have their visas and a few from April batch ... so that is good news .. like who is next to April batch? May batch !!!!!! ;D ;D :D :D

ferrer29

May 11, 2011
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2011
AOR Received.
Received at CEM 11-07-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
sthomas said:
Yeap, blestcheche and I are really worried. Like people from Manila forum got their pprs within 2 to 4 weeks from the time their Sponsor got approved. And us? Its like 6 weeks already!!!!!!!

It is not so bad, I went to post office, everything's normal. They received mails from Manila everyday, two sacks of mails everyday!!! And NONE for me! hahahahahhahahaah

And one more thing, on a positive note, 98 percent of the forumers (Manila) from MARCH batch already have their visas and a few from April batch ... so that is good news .. like who is next to April batch? May batch !!!!!! ;D ;D :D :D
ahhhh!!! :D we're next! we're next! we're next!
Positive thoughts attract positive energy! ;D