Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Small update here - I got my RCMP police certificate through in the mail, exactly 2 weeks after getting in done in person in Vancouver. It was painless, cheap and efficient and if CIC now ask for it, I've got it ready to go. And if they don't - well it was only $56.

Checked ECAS this morning - tried to log in as me but it still didn't recognise me in the system. So logged in as my sponsor and it's still the same status: app + medical received in London.

It seems therefore that the sponsor and the applicant will actually have separate ECAS files. Once I'm "in process" I guess I should be able to log into ECAS using my name. I have no idea whether that status will show up on my wife's ECAS or whether she's done her job, been approved as sponsor and CIC therefore has nothing more to say to her?

I am also about to join to ranks of those separated from their spouse during this process - my wife has been offered a job back in Canada and is moving back there in two weeks, so it makes timely processing of my app doubly urgent to me!

The next month is going to be tough for all of us as we keep waiting and waiting (unless you've applied to New Delhi, in which case they seem to be taking about three weeks on average from receipt of file to PPR!). At least I'm busy at work......

Good luck everyone.

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
@chrischris

Cool that you already have your certificate just in case they will ask for it. I think London VO is pretty fast too, well not as fast as India. I think both Taiwan & India are fast.

As for Manila, some from April batch already have their visas on hand. Fast, huh? But I am beginning to think Maybies in Manila are slow. Until now we do not have the passport request yet. Based on previous batches, they got theirs within 3 to 4 weeks after the Sponsor's approved. I think it has to do with the new system.

Do not worry, you are not alone. A lot of us here are already apart from our spouses for months. :) You will be fine and just keep your busy. :)

Yeap, good luck for all of us :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmn, well I wonder why it took a month and a half for them to start working on it (mail strike?). In any case, shouldn't be much longer now, if you're at the 4 week mark. You will hear any day now. Props to you for being so patient.
British_Bulldog said:
Hi all!

Yes, I called the call centre last week to be told that my application had started being processed on June 29th, so that's 4 weeks tomorrow that they have been working on it. Another message was sent to Mississauga for more information and I can call back on Aug 5th to find out the outcome of that message, if I haven't already heard. Fingers crossed we're not waiting much longer.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly, I've also noticed that London is faster than Buffalo, although slower than New Delhi. I wouldn't worry too much about e-cas either. It is notorious for doing weird stuff such as showing In Process weeks after someone has already landed, for example. Congrats to your wife and best of luck to you both.
sthomas said:
@ chrischris

Cool that you already have your certificate just in case they will ask for it. I think London VO is pretty fast too, well not as fast as India. I think both Taiwan & India are fast.

As for Manila, some from April batch already have their visas on hand. Fast, huh? But I am beginning to think Maybies in Manila are slow. Until now we do not have the passport request yet. Based on previous batches, they got theirs within 3 to 4 weeks after the Sponsor's approved. I think it has to do with the new system.

Do not worry, you are not alone. A lot of us here are already apart from our spouses for months. :) You will be fine and just keep your busy. :)

Yeap, good luck for all of us :)

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Blueflux said:
Good news. My wife just received a letter to send in the passport for immigration visa. Country: Bangladesh | Visa Office : Singapore

Our time was pretty excellent. Its like total 3 months or so.

Application received Mississauga Office : May 4th 2011
Started Processing : June 3rd 2011
Sent letter saying sponsorship approved and sent to Singapore: June 3rd 2011
Singapore Application received : June 9th

ECAS is still in status : In Processing . It also says they started processing July 20th and medical received. Means that it was waiting in Singapore from June 9th till July 20th.

The date on the letter she received is July 21st. Means they took only a day to process and mail it from Singapore.

So far so good friends. I am hoping that you all will be receiving good news shortly. So much for 20 months though =)
Smashing! I would love to be U right now!! ;D

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
British_Bulldog said:
Hi all!

Yes, I called the call centre last week to be told that my application had started being processed on June 29th, so that's 4 weeks tomorrow that they have been working on it. Another message was sent to Mississauga for more information and I can call back on Aug 5th to find out the outcome of that message, if I haven't already heard. Fingers crossed we're not waiting much longer.
Hey British_Bulldog,

Good to hear from U. Im sure U will be done with the sponsorship stage in no time. The worst is behind U!
Hurry up, CIC Miss. !!!

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
ddobro2 said:
Really? The only thing BB was able to figure out was that they got the thing at Miss? I thought they did have it there but they couldn't issue the approval for some reason and they kept telling her there was no info and if she doesn't get it before 30 days go by (which we all thought was preposterous) to call again.

Anyhoo, this is definitely the time around which the thread gets slow. I do miss that sense of exhiliration as one by one, we kept logging in here to say the application has been received, or the sponsorship has been approved. It's like popcorn kernels popping, really. And now there's this lull because, aside from some outliers, the stuff that happens at Miss. does happen on schedule, but once it gets to the various VOs, the story really diverges for everyone. As much as I hate to admit it, this really is a months-long process....
British_Bulldog posted a recent update; U probably already read it. Fingers crossed for her.
I wonder about Dair, though. ::)

About the popcorn kernels popping analogy, I knowwwwwwww. Only now, it seems the darn popcorn kernels are FAST ASLEEP! :(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I did read it :D

Hehe, I'm glad you liked the analogy and didn't think it was dorky or anything. Yes, the temperature in the pan has dropped and those kernels stopped popping :-\ Even though we won't be getting our PPRs all at once like we did (relatively) with the first stage approval doesn't mean that this thread has lost its sense of solidarity and support. ;D

spicymum said:
British_Bulldog posted a recent update; U probably already read it. Fingers crossed for her.
I wonder about Dair, though. ::)

About the popcorn kernels popping analogy, I knowwwwwwww. Only now, it seems the darn popcorn kernels are FAST ASLEEP! :(

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
ddobro2 said:
Yeah, I did read it :D

Even though we won't be getting our PPRs all at once like we did (relatively) with the first stage approval doesn't mean that this thread has lost its sense of solidarity and support. ;D
Super LIKE !!! ;D ;D ;D

No PPRs for us yet BUT they are starting to give out visas for April batches .... So that is good news at least :)

I am gaining weight with this waiting game. Hahahahhahahahahah :)

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
heh! @ st.thomas
so much going on in mine and my wife's life right now
we don't have much time to worry about the next step
fly to canada next week for a summer visit
also trying to sell both homes uk and canada
so it's all chaos here, interspersed with panic
topped off with not enough hours in the day to get everything sorted

atm i'm more conncerned that they let me in at immigration!!

anyway stay patient everyone
our day will surely come :)

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
mittens said:
heh! @ st.thomas
so much going on in mine and my wife's life right now
we don't have much time to worry about the next step
fly to canada next week for a summer visit
also trying to sell both homes uk and canada
so it's all chaos here, interspersed with panic
topped off with not enough hours in the day to get everything sorted

atm i'm more conncerned that they let me in at immigration!!

anyway stay patient everyone
our day will surely come :)
Have a nice trip :) and good luck with selling homes and all.... Everything will fall into the right place, so do not panic :)

Ok patient, I still have that ;D :D 8)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Well, I received this in ecas tracker today.... good or not... I don't know....

"We sent you a letter on July 26, 2011 about the decision on your
application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

This after I sent a fax requesting that they add my email to my file for correspondence purposes.

And this is all it says. I guess I have to assume it is positive since I requested that if I was denied as sponsor we stop the process. But I never know anymore in this immigration game.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay!!! You'll get it soon. I'm sure it'll be approval!
dair2dv8103100 said:
Well, I received this in ecas tracker today.... good or not... I don't know....

"We sent you a letter on July 26, 2011 about the decision on your
application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

This after I sent a fax requesting that they add my email to my file for correspondence purposes.

And this is all it says. I guess I have to assume it is positive since I requested that if I was denied as sponsor we stop the process. But I never know anymore in this immigration game.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The "process" would have to stop anyway though, wouldn't it? If the application doesn't get past first stage approval, the rest of it isn't looked at. I guess I'm confused about what you are saying. But anyway, don't think about that stuff because you'll be fine. You're not in default on a previous undertaking or a criminal or some other offense that would warrant rejection.
dair2dv8103100 said:
I guess I have to assume it is positive since I requested that if I was denied as sponsor we stop the process. But I never know anymore in this immigration game.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
Yay!!! You'll get it soon. I'm sure it'll be approval!
Thanks...I really hope so. I have been really bummed lately and I am not usually like that.

Been getting PM's about all these negative experiences. Does not make things any easier in this already difficult process.

Sorry I have not been following here....but congrats to anyone who has been approved or moving along!!