+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2024 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

laroly_rola

Star Member
Aug 24, 2021
Passport Req..
August 30th 2021
The thing is My work permit is going to expire in Oct and so my OHIP, and we are expecting a baby in December. I have applied for another work permit as I cannot renew the one I have as it was PGWP. I have received WP-Ext and got an extension of 6 months on that. Any idea if I can renew my OHIP based on Wp-Ext. I have an ServiceOntario appointment tomorrow.
I got my OHIP extended with that WP-Ext letter!! As long as you are employed and take all the necessary documents + that letter, you should be good to apply for OHIP!

Yogi@31

Mar 6, 2021
I am not quite sure about OHIP from the Work Permit Extension. BUT I have OHIP from AIP. Did you receive AIP? Because if you have AIP, you can apply for OHIP as well.
I do have AIP, and I did went with it to one of the SO, the guy couldn't understood what it was. Have you got the OHIP recently and from where?

Yogi@31

Mar 6, 2021
I got my OHIP extended with that WP-Ext letter!! As long as you are employed and take all the necessary documents + that letter, you should be good to apply for OHIP!
Ohh great, I do have all the documents required for it. Hopeful for the appointment. Where have you got it from?

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
I do have AIP, and I did went with it to one of the SO, the guy couldn't understood what it was. Have you got the OHIP recently and from where?
I mentioned it in some other threads before but not all ServiceOntario know about it! You have to look for bigger ones and they would know what to do. I went to this one and they know for sure Toronto: Sheppard and Doris 47 Sheppard Avenue East, Unit 417 M2N 5N1 Toronto. I applied sometime in March this year and got my OHIP card 2 weeks after I went.

Reactions: Yogi@31 and alex00

Aneri13

Nov 2, 2023
I mentioned it in some other threads before but not all ServiceOntario know about it! You have to look for bigger ones and they would know what to do. I went to this one and they know for sure Toronto: Sheppard and Doris 47 Sheppard Avenue East, Unit 417 M2N 5N1 Toronto. I applied sometime in March this year and got my OHIP card 2 weeks after I went.
How much longer is it valid after renewal? As I also have to renew but I am wondering about how long is it valid for.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
How much longer is it valid after renewal? As I also have to renew but I am wondering about how long is it valid for.
Just almost a year for me. I got mine that is valid until my birthday next year. I assume because they think we should be getting a PR card by then and then we apply for a new OHIP with the actual PR status/card.

j_2024

Aug 25, 2024
I seem to see more people ordering GCMS notes. Are they helpful? If so, how can I get ours? Thanks in advance!
To be honest, I'm not sure how helpful it would be. I just had a late-night worry that eligibility on gckey says in progress despite getting the emails saying me and the sponsor are eligible.

Most likely just over-worrying but figured it would be nice to see notes to confirm that.

There's information on getting notes here: https://www.canadavisa.com/gcms-notes.html

Aneri13

Nov 2, 2023
Just almost a year for me. I got mine that is valid until my birthday next year. I assume because they think we should be getting a PR card by then and then we apply for a new OHIP with the actual PR status/card.
Hello, Can you please advise which documents we have to take for the renewal.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Hello, Can you please advise which documents we have to take for the renewal.
Are you renewing or are you applying under the AIP/PR Applicant category?

I didn't renew. I applied for OHIP using the AIP letter. I brought 2 proofs of residency in Ontario (they asked for 1 but I bought 2 just in case - I used a Bank Statement and Visitor Record) and a Registration for Ontario Health Insurance Coverage form, an AIP letter, and my passport.

Remember to go to the bigger, full-service ones, NOT ALL ServiceOntario know about this. You can see more information here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card

Hope this helps!

Reactions: YVR123