+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2024 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Aneri13

Nov 2, 2023
Are you renewing or are you applying under the AIP/PR Applicant category?

I didn't renew. I applied for OHIP using the AIP letter. I brought 2 proofs of residency in Ontario (they asked for 1 but I bought 2 just in case - I used a Bank Statement and Visitor Record) and a Registration for Ontario Health Insurance Coverage form, an AIP letter, and my passport.

Remember to go to the bigger, full-service ones, NOT ALL ServiceOntario know about this. You can see more information here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card

Hope this helps!
Thank you, Yes I already had my OHIP as I was on work permit but it expired. Now I can apply using the AIP letter.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Thank you, Yes I already had my OHIP as I was on work permit but it expired. Now I can apply using the AIP letter.
Perfect! make sure you have all the docs and go to the right one! Hoping to hear good news! I know that one in Toronto can do it for sure but not sure if you are in Toronto.

Yogi@31

Mar 6, 2021
Hello, Can you please advise which documents we have to take for the renewal.
I am only aware of the documents for OHIP on the Work Permit
The location I went to: West, 50 Bloomington Rd, Aurora, ON L4G 0L8
I went for the renewal,
The documents I took are
- Current Work Permit,
- Employment Letter from my employer
- WP-EXT letter
- Driver's Licence
- Passport
- Current health card

Employment Letter ( https://www.ontario.ca/page/documents-needed-get-health-card )
proof of full-time employment for an employer in Ontario is required – restrictions apply)

• this must be an original or digital document (contract or letter) on employer company letterhead signed and dated by the employer and state:
    • that the employee is working full-time
    • the title/occupation of the position
    • the start date of employment, and
    • that the employer intends to employ the employee for a minimum of six (6) months (the letter can state the employee is permanent. However, this does not replace the criteria to confirm “Full Time”)

AngelBear

Jun 21, 2024
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-03-2024
AOR Received.
29-05-2024
Hi everyone,
Any update regarding portals ?
No updates yet for us. I believe they are working on Dec/Jan applications for Portal now, so fingers crossed that it won't be much longer for those of us that applied in March.

izziestxx

Jun 28, 2024
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-03-2024
AOR Received.
18-04-2024
Hello friends! How is everyone? My partner and I are getting anxious as the processing times are getting slower. Last time I checked it's up to 13 months now. My partner's Work Permit is expiring this March 2025, and we are planning to apply for an Open Work Permit.

Question 1: Where do we upload the AOR before we submit the application under IRCC Secure Account? I can only see the spot for IMM5710e, Medical, Passport and Photo.

Question 2: She was not asked to get a medical for her PR application since she was requested for one wayback 2022 for her Work Permit application. Will she need to do one for an Open Work Permit application?

Question 3: How can I merge IMM5710e for employment info? She got lots of work experience for the past 10 years and the form only has 3 slots to put them in.

Thank you in advance! Praying for all of our applications.

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Question 1: Where do we upload the AOR before we submit the application under IRCC Secure Account? I can only see the spot for IMM5710e, Medical, Passport and Photo.
Question 2: She was not asked to get a medical for her PR application since she was requested for one wayback 2022 for her Work Permit application. Will she need to do one for an Open Work Permit application?
Question 3: How can I merge IMM5710e for employment info? She got lots of work experience for the past 10 years and the form only has 3 slots to put them in.
Q1: Upload the AOR in the client information section.
Q2: Medical is optional for OWP unless you work in certain fields like medicine, child care, or elder care. I'm pretty sure they can use your previous medical anyway.
Q3: You can try printing and scanning.

I would suggest waiting to apply for the OWP until you have 1 month left on your current WP in case you get PR before then. Many January applicants are getting their final decisions right now, so some March applicants will probably get theirs in 2-3 months and you could be one of them. You can cancel the OWP application and ask for a refund if you get your PR before OWP but it would be a waste of money and effort if you got OWP and then PR a few days later, all before your previous WP would have expired. It's ultimately your decision.

Yogi@31

Mar 6, 2021
Hello friends! How is everyone? My partner and I are getting anxious as the processing times are getting slower. Last time I checked it's up to 13 months now. My partner's Work Permit is expiring this March 2025, and we are planning to apply for an Open Work Permit.

Thank you in advance! Praying for all of our applications.
1.There will be a section Client Information, just combine all your additional documents and upload it there. Keep in mind you might have to reduce the size of the file.
2.You dont need medical for OWP or even PR because you have already had it in 2022. Medicals are valid for 5 years as per the current policy.
3. Usethis link for your 5710 queries https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/imm5710.html

I have followed this link to apply for OWP with AOR - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html.

Also watch this video it will be helpful

As @alex00 said you can wait 1-2 months more before applying for OWP, if there is no urgency.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: izziestxx

j_2024

Aug 25, 2024
I would suggest waiting to apply for the OWP until you have 1 month left on your current WP in case you get PR before then.
This was my thought too. Sitting with the application almost ready to go but noticed more and more January applicants getting finalised. It would be nice to not have to spend the money unless I had to. My IEC expires mid-December so the window is tight but I can be hopeful.

Very useful!

Reactions: Yogi@31 and alex00

izziestxx

Jun 28, 2024
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-03-2024
AOR Received.
18-04-2024
1.There will be a section Client Information, just combine all your additional documents and upload it there. Keep in mind you might have to reduce the size of the file.
2.You dont need medical for OWP or even PR because you have already had it in 2022. Medicals are valid for 5 years as per the current policy.
3. Usethis link for your 5710 queries https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/imm5710.html

I have followed this link to apply for OWP with AOR - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html.

As @alex00 said you can wait 1-2 months more before applying for OWP, if there is no urgency.
Hope this helps.
You guys are awesome! Thank you for all your response. We'll wait and decide later on if we'll apply for OPW. Your words are making me more hopeful that we'll get ours soon! God bless!

Reactions: Yogi@31

Yogi@31

Mar 6, 2021
Hello,
Does anyone know if we change job if we are waiting for the PR application.
I think there is no rule that you cannot change the job. But I guess you have to let IRCC know about any changes. I am not 100% sure on this one.