+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2024- Citizenship Application

car2ca

Mar 11, 2024
Hi all,

After many months, I have been asked for an in-person interview. Does anyone have any experience with how it goes and what to expect? I thought the in-person interview was no longer happening, and it was more of an online interview, but I was wrong.
I had an in-person interview at the Scarborough office. It was pretty simple and took 5 minutes or so. The agent asked me to confirm my personal details, looked over my passport and asked about my life in Canada. He also let me know my application was all in order and to expect to hear about the oath within a week or so (it took 5 weeks). But all-in-all, I was a citizen 7 weeks after my interview date.

CanXda

Apr 11, 2024
I had an in-person interview at the Scarborough office. It was pretty simple and took 5 minutes or so. The agent asked me to confirm my personal details, looked over my passport and asked about my life in Canada. He also let me know my application was all in order and to expect to hear about the oath within a week or so (it took 5 weeks). But all-in-all, I was a citizen 7 weeks after my interview date.
Thank you :)

J.hajizadeh

Sep 10, 2024
Hello everyone,
My application was file (registered )on March 26th, but I haven't received any updates since June 28, 2024. I have completed the background check and citizenship test.
I filled out a webform on July 17th and got a reply July 27th :
“We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.”
Please help me. What can I do?

Last edited:
Reactions: coolak2007

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Hello everyone,
My application was filed on March 26th, but I haven't received any updates since June 28, 2024. I have completed the background check and citizenship test.

You can order GCMS Notes via: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation
Give a call to IRCC call center and see if they are willing to share Information on your L, P, P.
Did you receive any Interview Request of sorts (and if you have a long travel history)?
If nothing of concern, it can be related to primary office (Vancouver and others a bit slower than say Scarborough)
So we are in queue and need to wait!

Reactions: J.hajizadeh

J.hajizadeh

Sep 10, 2024
You can order GCMS Notes via: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation
Give a call to IRCC call center and see if they are willing to share Information on your L, P, P.
Did you receive any Interview Request of sorts (and if you have a long travel history)?
If nothing of concern, it can be related to primary office (Vancouver and others a bit slower than say Scarborough)
So we are in queue and need to wait!
I didn’t receive any interview request . Also this link its bot available

Reactions: coolak2007

Wellaz

Apr 13, 2024
Hello everyone,
My application was file (registered )on March 26th, but I haven't received any updates since June 28, 2024. I have completed the background check and citizenship test.

You don't have to do anything. Just be patient and wait. I waited for 68 days just to get Oath Invitation.

Reactions: J.hajizadeh

Wellaz

Apr 13, 2024
Citizenship Ceremony and Oath taking done virtually today in the morning at 8:15AM by IRCC Niagara Falls. It was nice interacting with you guys. All the best to those still waiting for their applications to be completed.

My Timeline:
Office: Montreal
March 16th: Application filed
March 20th: AOR
April 8th: Background check completed
April 11th: Citizenship Test invitation
April 21st: Citizenship test taken (Passed with 17)
May 10th: Citizenship Test completed in the tracker
June 26th: LPP completed
August 30th: Oath invitation
September 11th: Citizenship ceremony and Oath

Last edited:

Sahil@5820

Jun 22, 2024
Hello everyone,

Nothing to worry application was filed on March 18th interview was in Scarborough on June 27th only LPP completed so far,nothing else
Thank you

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
My wife had her oath on Friday and she sent the signed form that day itself. But she has not received any email to create an IRCC portal account yet. Some places I saw that we get this email to create the portal account before the oath. Is this normal?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Reactions: aphermix

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply. But is it common to be like this ? I am concerned about missing this email now. How many of you have received the email about IRCC Portal registration before the oath ?
Sometimes people miss the email in their spam folder, or they may not receive it at all. In such cases, it's best to call IRCC before your oath ceremony or speak with the oath officer, who can resend the information. However, if you miss everything, there’s no need to call IRCC afterward, as by the time they take action, your e-certificate will likely already be available in your account.

Reactions: aphermix