+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2024- Citizenship Application

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Partner had their oath today in a virtual ceremony. It was Edmonton office that presided over the virtual ceremony and started promptly at 12:45pm EST. The Mississauga office was where the file was initially for the test, LLP etc.

It took exactly 2 hours and 15 min or so to complete the entire virtual ceremony. Took a good hour to get through registration for the 100 or so participants. It was mostly sitting and waiting for the rest of the ceremony to begin. It was emotional to watch the intro videos and also the lovely people taking part and their journey to becoming citizens. The application process took approx 4 months from mid March 2024 till July 30 (oath). I am rooting for all of you to have the same experience. :)
Hey,

How’s this online oath ceremony is going on?

You just log-in and give the oath with all others or someone personally contacting you for the oath?

Do they need some documents from us (or signed paperwork)?

Please enlighten me in this regard, thanks.

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
yes, i replied to the oath invitation email saying i am abroad and the date i will be back, requesting to reschedule. They replied the next day saying its postponed and have marked i am unavailable until the day i return to canada. i also attached our return flight ticket with the reply email. i am not sure to which date they will reschedule it. I will be sending them an email as soon as i am back saying i am available.
We are still waiting for a formal (email) invitation. Kindl;y advise on the below;

Did you respond via return email received for the invitation?
How do you know it has been postponed?
Any idea when you will get another invite? Did you mention the date onwards you will be available?

Thanks

Reactions: iukhan

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
yes, i replied to the oath invitation email saying i am abroad and the date i will be back, requesting to reschedule. They replied the next day saying its postponed and have marked i am unavailable until the day i return to canada. i also attached our return flight ticket with the reply email. i am not sure to which date they will reschedule it. I will be sending them an email as soon as i am back saying i am available.
Thanks, Good luck

car2ca

Mar 11, 2024
I received LPP a couple days ago!

ID: car2ca
Type: Online
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1108
App Sent: 07-Mar-2024
App Delivered: 07-Mar-2024
AOR Date: 13-Mar-2024
Background Check: 29-Apr-2024
Test Invite: 2-May-2024
Test Taken: 10-May-2024 (19/20 score)
Test Marked Complete: 14-May-2024
Interview Request Received: 2024-05-29
Interview Date: 2024-06-27
Finger Print Request: n/a
Finger Print Received Date: n/a
Language Complete Date: July 29, 2024
Prohibitions Complete Date: July 29, 2024
Physical Presence Complete Date: July 29, 2024

Decision Made Date:
Oath Letter Date:
Oath Date:
Just got citizenship invite
ID: car2ca
Type: Online
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1108
App Sent: 07-Mar-2024
App Delivered: 07-Mar-2024
AOR Date: 13-Mar-2024
Background Check: 29-Apr-2024
Test Invite: 2-May-2024
Test Taken: 10-May-2024 (19/20 score)
Test Marked Complete: 14-May-2024
Interview Request Received: 2024-05-29
Interview Date: 2024-06-27
Finger Print Request: n/a
Finger Print Received Date: n/a
Language Complete Date: July 29, 2024
Prohibitions Complete Date: July 29, 2024
Physical Presence Complete Date: July 29, 2024
Decision Made Date: 2 August, 2024
Oath Letter Date: 2 August, 2024
Oath Date: 14 August, 2024

Reactions: neocanx

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
The oath ceremony was very nice (virtual). I logged in 15 minutes ahead of time. After a few minutes, they sent me to a Zoom breakout room which was private with a very kind lady. She asked me to show her ID, asked about prohibitions, and asked me to cut up my PR card in front of the camera. I was then sent back to the large Zoom room, and we all waited for a while until everyone (around 140 people) were checked in. They request a plain background (so it's not distracting), but you are allowed to have red and white or a Canadian flag behind you which is what I chose to do. The dress is business attire as it is a serious ceremony.

After everyone was checked in, we were welcomed and they played a video about the Indigenous people of Canada. I believe after that, we all took our oath together with a judge. (They also said it in French, too, but I didn't because I do not know the language.) We then heard from the Prime Minister, which was nice. He welcomed everyone in English and French. The last thing we did was to sing O Canada and then we were allowed to take a selfie with the judge. I felt like it was a well put together ceremony.

I signed my Oath Affirmation form, scanned it, and emailed it to IRCC immediately after the ceremony. That put me in a queue. The next morning I woke up and had an email to log into a portal. I created that account and my e-certificate was there. My advice is to not wait, after the ceremony, to send in your signed Oath Affirmation.

I have now registered to vote federally, provincially, and with my municipality. I am applying for a passport today.

I hope this helps someone who might be anxious about the ceremony.

Last edited:

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
You are correct. I think I've confused you. What I meant was...My advice is to not wait, after the ceremony, to send in your signed Oath Affirmation. In other words, don't wait for many hours or the next day to send it in. Once the ceremony is over, then send it in. Don't wait. I hope this makes my meaning clear.

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

AOR : 20 June, 2024,
Application Type : Family

On June 20, we got a PCC request also and I have now submitted PCC on July 28. Any idea when would my application start processing now ?
Since June 20, my application has not moved at all.
Anyone else can share experience who might have got a PCC request ?

USCAN2019

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
The oath ceremony was very nice (virtual). I logged in 15 minutes ahead of time. After a few minutes, they sent me to a Zoom breakout room which was private with a very kind lady. She asked me to show her ID, asked about prohibitions, and asked me to cut up my PR card in front of the camera. I was then sent back to the large Zoom room, and we all waited for a while until everyone (around 140 people) were checked in. They request a plain background (so it's not distracting), but you are allowed to have red and white or a Canadian flag behind you which is what I chose to do. The dress is business attire as it is a serious ceremony.

After everyone was checked in, we were welcomed and they played a video about the Indigenous people of Canada. I believe after that, we all took our oath together with a judge. (They also said it in French, too, but I didn't because I do not know the language.) We then heard from the Prime Minister, which was nice. He welcomed everyone in English and French. The last thing we did was to sing O Canada and then we were allowed to take a selfie with the judge. I felt like it was a well put together ceremony.

I signed my Oath Affirmation form, scanned it, and emailed it to IRCC immediately after the ceremony. That put me in a queue. The next morning I woke up and had an email to log into a portal. I created that account and my e-certificate was there. My advice is to not wait, after the ceremony, to send in your signed Oath Affirmation.

I have now registered to vote federally, provincially, and with my municipality. I am applying for a passport today.

Congratulations! I hope we all get the day soon :)

AVI1313

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-09-2019
How do you determine decision made from the citizenship portal? Is this just the same as the oath letter? Thanks
may be I’m wrong but I assume receiving Oath letter considered to be decision made !!

car2ca

Mar 11, 2024
may be I’m wrong but I assume receiving Oath letter considered to be decision made !!
Now that I've received my oath letter, it's a moot point but previous using the ECAS tracker, it would say "Decision Made" whereas the citizenship portal offered now does not seem to have this status given, thus I was asking how they determined this (whether implicitly given the oath or explicitly mentioned somewhere on the portal and maybe I missed it).

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016

Hey,

Thank you for sharing your experience, appreciate it, may I please know from where can I get the oath affirmation form from?

Do they email it to us prior to the ceremony?

Gill Meet

May 19, 2019
Hi , updates on my Citizenship file so far

#App sent online - 7 mar
#Aor received1 14 mar
#Citizenship test req - 17 may
#test taken -21 may passed
#Fingerprint req -23 may
#fingerprint done -23 may
#Fingerprint rec - 19 june
#LPP DONE -30may
# Background complete - pending
Nothing after 19th june
Waiting on background complete
Oath cermony

anuatmail

Mar 29, 2020
Hello ,

I have applied for Citizenship in March 2024 and recently I got an email explaining instructions to download your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate , I did not get any invitation letter for OATH yet ,can some one explain the next steps , Thanks