+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2024- Citizenship Application

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hello ,

I have applied for Citizenship in March 2024 and recently I got an email explaining instructions to download your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate , I did not get any invitation letter for OATH yet ,can some one explain the next steps , Thanks
It will come soon.
You must got your LPP completed already. Probably you'll receive an oath letter soon.
It's interesting that you are asking for some explanations from the folks here without providing more detailed info though.

sbastola

Star Member
May 24, 2020
App Type: Online
Applicant: Family (2)
Physical Presence: 1332
App Sent: March 30, 2024
App Delivered: March 30, 2024
AOR Date: 4 April 2024
Tracking Link Date: 6 April 2024
Test Invite Date: 26 June 2914
Test Interview Date: 16 July 2024
Test Completed Date: 16 July 2024
Finger Print Request:
Finger Print Received Date:
Background Complete Date:
Language Complete Date:
Prohibitions Complete Date:
Physical Presence Complete Date:
Decision Made Date:
Oath Letter Date:
Oath Date:

Bynming

Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Sorry if this has been answered, I just want to make sure once again that everything is in order.

Per the tracker, the last steps that my wife's application are language, physical presence and prohibitions (July 3) and citizenship test (June 26).

We just received an email containing information on obtaining the citizenship e-certificate, but the tracker says that "Citizenship ceremony" is "Not started" and we haven't received an appointment yet. Should we anticipate that appointment soon?

Last edited:

USCAN2019

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
Sorry if this has been answered, I just want to make sure once again that everything is in order.

Per the tracker, the last steps that my wife's application are language, physical presence and prohibitions (July 3) and citizenship (June 26).

We just received an email containing information on obtaining the citizenship e-certificate, but the tracker says that "Citizenship ceremony" is "Not started" and we haven't received an appointment yet. Should we anticipate that appointment soon?
Yes correct, you should receive appointment email soon. Probably this week.

Reactions: Bynming

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
I sent an email to reschedule the oath date for two traveling applicants. After the oath, there is insufficient time to apply for and secure a Canadian passport. Having a passport will end the long journey to being Canadian.

I am looking forward to a response from the Niagara Office.

crossiwre

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Right now if you go to service Canada for passport it’s going to take 4-5 weeks as they said there is a delay. Going to a dedicated passport office will be better if you want it quicker. You might wait long in line though at the passport office or you can do setup an appointment with one of them now and not wait till you finish the oath. right now, its a month out for appointments.

Last edited:
Reactions: iukhan

canship1

Jun 13, 2024
Today I received oath Ceremony invitation , which is online zoom Ceremony.
May I know how much time does it take from start to finish ? , how many hours ?

canship1

Jun 13, 2024
The oath ceremony was very nice (virtual). I logged in 15 minutes ahead of time. After a few minutes, they sent me to a Zoom breakout room which was private with a very kind lady. She asked me to show her ID, asked about prohibitions, and asked me to cut up my PR card in front of the camera. I was then sent back to the large Zoom room, and we all waited for a while until everyone (around 140 people) were checked in. They request a plain background (so it's not distracting), but you are allowed to have red and white or a Canadian flag behind you which is what I chose to do. The dress is business attire as it is a serious ceremony.

After everyone was checked in, we were welcomed and they played a video about the Indigenous people of Canada. I believe after that, we all took our oath together with a judge. (They also said it in French, too, but I didn't because I do not know the language.) We then heard from the Prime Minister, which was nice. He welcomed everyone in English and French. The last thing we did was to sing O Canada and then we were allowed to take a selfie with the judge. I felt like it was a well put together ceremony.

I signed my Oath Affirmation form, scanned it, and emailed it to IRCC immediately after the ceremony. That put me in a queue. The next morning I woke up and had an email to log into a portal. I created that account and my e-certificate was there. My advice is to not wait, after the ceremony, to send in your signed Oath Affirmation.

I have now registered to vote federally, provincially, and with my municipality. I am applying for a passport today.

I hope this helps someone who might be anxious about the ceremony.
May I know how much time it took from start to end in zoom online ceremony? Approximately how many mins or hours ?

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
A bit late but...

ID: Kais767
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1110
App Sent: 06 Mar 2024
App Delivered: 06 Mar 2024
AOR Date: 13 Mar 2024

Tracking Link Date: 13 Mar 2024
Test Invite Date: 07 May 2024
Test Interview Date: -
Test Completed Date: 23 May 2024 (updated 29 May but backdated in portal)
Finger Print Request: 29 May 2024
Finger Print Received Date: 27 Jun 2024
Background Complete Date: 28 Jun 2024
Language Complete Date: 11 Jul 2024
Prohibitions Complete Date: 11 Jul 2024
Physical Presence Complete Date: 11 Jul 2024
Decision Made Date: 22 Jul 2024
Oath Letter Date: 24 Jul 2024
Oath Date: 07 Aug 2024

I received a personalised email on 11 Jul from the officer explaining something about how my name will appear on the citizenship certificate, stating they had no further concerns and will be scheduling me for the oath soon. I wrote back asking if in-person was an option and they said yes. The actual invite (letter) came on 24 Jul.

What a journey it's been. I was first rejected for a visitor TRV in 2013, received it on my second try, and decided to study here in 2016. Time came to apply for my PR in 2020, but the file ended up getting stuck in a black hole for 1.5 years. I submitted a fresh application in 2021 which was approved in 2.5 months, then came the angst of waiting for my PR card. Ironically, the final and most significant application to IRCC ended up being the most stress-free.

Thanks to everyone who helped me along the way in this forum, and all the best in your journey!

Reactions: USCAN2019

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
When you request to reschedule your oath ceremony, how soon will you hear back from IRCC? We would love to hear from someone that has been there. Thanks.