+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2024- Citizenship Application

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Very happy to report that after about 5 weeks from the last status update, the tracker is now showing that the oath date has been scheduled for mid August. I haven't received the actual invite yet but hope to get it in the next couple of days. Assuming that it will be virtual.

This will give me just enough time to obtain the passport for my trip in September (have to leave by Sep 12th at the latest). I checked for appointments online and the earliest one that was offered was Sep 10th which is too late. Worst case scenario I know is I can go to the Victoria street office in Toronto and queue up. Any advice on a better workaround? I don't mind traveling anywhere within Toronto or even GTA for an appointment in the week of Aug 19.

Good luck to everyone still waiting
Walkin is better option. You can check the wait times online.

Reactions: Yuki.03

Sidmat

May 19, 2021
on 27th Saturday my tracker updated to oath scheduled for Aug 9th but no emails yet my test invite was from mis so does anyone one know how long does it take to get the email invite

Initially haven’t received the test invite email and the test window was from June 10th to July 09th so I sent a webform on 19th of June and I received a forward email of test invite on 20th

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
on 27th Saturday my tracker updated to oath scheduled for Aug 9th but no emails yet my test invite was from mis so does anyone one know how long does it take to get the email invite

Initially haven’t received the test invite email and the test window was from June 10th to July 09th so I sent a webform on 19th of June and I received a forward email of test invite on 20th
mine was updated on 25th n got email today for the ceremony on 8th. you may get it tomorrow

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally

Hopefully soon. Don't forget to check your junk mail. Mine went there instead of my inbox.

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022

in the same boat. On 26th tracker updated, Oath scheduled for aug 6 but no email yet.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Virtual oath ceremony was yesterday. After it was over I IMMEDIATELY signed my oath affirmation, scanned it, and emailed it to them. It was supposed to take up to 5 days...I received my e-cert this morning. (They send a link to the portal and you can find it there.) After your oath, my advice is to NOT wait to send in that form.

Reactions: Cherry Kola

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Thanks.

I have read that if the oath ceremony is rescheduled upon the applicant's request, IRRC takes months to set a new date. Anyway, we will take our chances.
did u get invitation for oath ceremony ? i got it yesterday for august 8 and i emailed them
and its postponed

Cherry Kola

Aug 28, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Med's Request
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
Hey, I just pass my citizenship test :) I received an email mentioning my result and it says it might take months before seeing the update, how long does it usually take to update :oops: ?
I think I was a bit too enthusiast and thought the update would be real-time :p

Reactions: cindyestteacher

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
did u get invitation for oath ceremony ? i got it yesterday for august 8 and i emailed them
and its postponed
Hi I asked my wife's ceremony (originally scheduled for Aug 8th as well) to be postponed as she is not in Canada now. Earlier (when I did my citizenship 2 years ago) when your ceremony was postponed, you had to send them email to let them know you are back in the country and send the boarding passes.

But now I am surprised that they have marked my wife as unavailable till Sep 20 (the day she is back) and told "Your ceremony will be rescheduled after your unavailability expires. You will receive a new invitation by email about one week before the event."

Is this same in your case ? So we need not contact IRCC proactively after the person arrives in Canada anymore ?

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
We are also waiting for the oath email. Scheduled in the portal for 20 Aug.

Out of four, two applicants will be traveling abroad on 30 Aug; we will ask for a postponement, too; the other two will take oath virtual or in person no information yet.

In the request for postponement, we will share their ticket that was purchased almost a month ago,

Any additional advice?

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Hey, I just pass my citizenship test :) I received an email mentioning my result and it says it might take months before seeing the update, how long does it usually take to update :oops: ?
I think I was a bit too enthusiast and thought the update would be real-time :p
In our case, test results were officially confirmed in three/four days.

Reactions: Cherry Kola