+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Gam14

Mar 18, 2020
Hi! I'm at your same situation, I'm the applicant and my TRV was rejected in october based on purpose of visit and economic background (they just didn't care all the trips that I've done the last years, nor even that I have USA visa), but it was before the wedding. We got married in december and we sent the application in March 23rd. Now that we are married my husband and me are considering to reapply for TRV after this new resolution of june... just thinking about the chances.
We miss each other so much, we have now 6 months since the last time together and this give us a little of hope.
We had similar situation. TRV was declined as they did not think he would leave Canada. We have now applied as spousal in March. In reading the website referred to above for TRV we seem eligible. The other good point is his biometrics are still valid for a TRV. However I don't want to apply if it affects his spousal sponsorship. I also feel it will be declined because of the reasons they gave before and they want us to apply for permanent residency not just TRV.
It seems misleading as it is a simple online application that is simple to do, and the eligibility criteria is very limited but I know the application requires financial backing etc.

Gam14

Mar 18, 2020
SO NOBODY CAN SAY FOR SURE IF SPOUSE STILL NEEDS TO MEET DRACONIAN CRITERIA FOR TRAVEL....
That is you can still APPLY for the TRV, but the chances remain the same as pre-Covid.....???????
I think the application still remains the same. But I haven't gone through it. They make it seem simple but I can't see the criteria having changed. Hope someone else can speak to this.

Jul 18, 2017
one of my friend applied for Inland Sponsorship in January and she linked her file to the cic account. On her account the timeline says something like, "long processing time should be expected".
Does this apply to us as well (the outland application) considering we applied to the different cic office than the inland ones?
i am just blank dont know when to expect my wife to be here.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
one of my friend applied for Inland Sponsorship in January and she linked her file to the cic account. On her account the timeline says something like, "long processing time should be expected".
Does this apply to us as well (the outland application) considering we applied to the different cic office than the inland ones?
i am just blank dont know when to expect my wife to be here.
Depends how they define long. Could be four months, or could be 12 months. Who knows.

Gam14

Mar 18, 2020
I check the Visa Office that I know our application will be sent to, in order to see if it is open as this will in turn have an affect. It is still closed, BUT they posted and update about TRV. You were able to submit TRV on paper at these centers. With Covid-19 the gov't switched to online applications, and paper was no longer accpeted. This new announcement on June 9th was to say that online applications will continue until June 30th.

Here is the announcement from them:

Following Ministerial Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada on April 9, April 29 and May 19, 2020, applicants can no longer submit an application for temporary residence in paper at the VAC. New Ministerial Instructions issued on June 9, 2020 have extended this measure until June 30, 2020. All applications for temporary residence must continue to be submitted online via IRCC’s website: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
If you submitted an application for temporary residence in paper to the VAC on or after April 10, 2020, your application will be returned to you.

Please note that the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada has also suspended the processing of temporary resident visa (visitor visa) applications that do not meet current travel restriction exemptions. For more details, visit the IRCC website.

from their website for those that want proof:
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/sen/en/can/news/ministerial-instructions-by-ircc

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
So far two people with AOR1 in march applications but still no new aor1, so what applications before march 12 they are processing currently? Are they lying?
My spousal sponsorship for my wife was submitted to Nova Scotia and received by them March 1st. I still didn’t get my AOR1

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
SO NOBODY CAN SAY FOR SURE IF SPOUSE STILL NEEDS TO MEET DRACONIAN CRITERIA FOR TRAVEL....
That is you can still APPLY for the TRV, but the chances remain the same as pre-Covid.....???????
Nope the criteria is exactly the same, it is mentioned on that link as well but there is a chance. Why they mention specifically for immediate family members and give a deadline till 30th June, after that anyone can apply for TRV.

They might see TRV applications more emotionally? I don't know. And I won't know until I actually apply and see the result.

I have been reading for such long time in these forums that why don't IRCC give out TRVs for spouses and I feel like this is their way of telling us that we are listening to you and encouraging you to apply for spousal TRV. Again, might be a scam to get $100 from us but if it gives me hope of bringing my spouse earlier then I am willing to spend that $100.

Reactions: lovely89 and Sepi

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Yes that is what am wondering about, I had sent them one more email yesterday about 12 Feb and 12 March, Clearly asked them that what does that mean? can they please explain clearly exactly which applications they are processing now? 12 Feb or reached around 12th March application?

This was exactly my wording in the email.

Let see what they comes up with. Hope for some good news.
Who are you emailing? What’s the email please

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Nope the criteria is exactly the same, it is mentioned on that link as well but there is a chance. Why they mention specifically for immediate family members and give a deadline till 30th June, after that anyone can apply for TRV.

They might see TRV applications more emotionally? I don't know. And I won't know until I actually apply and see the result.

I have been reading for such long time in these forums that why don't IRCC give out TRVs for spouses and I feel like this is their way of telling us that we are listening to you and encouraging you to apply for spousal TRV. Again, might be a scam to get $100 from us but if it gives me hope of bringing my spouse earlier then I am willing to spend that $100.
So do you reccommend we should apply for spouse TRV considering that I still dont have the AOR1.

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
That’s what I’m wondering.
I
So do you reccommend we should apply for spouse TRV considering that I still dont have the AOR1.
i wouldnt because believe it or not, even though it’s your spouse. It’s points against you to apply for trv. It won’t hurt u but it will cost you money and a waste of your time. I’m canadian. And my wife’s visit visa got rejected while she’s living with me in another country that isn’t even her home country lol