03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello Everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen living outside Canada for 5 years. I am planning to apply for the outland spouse visa for my husband soon. I am gathering all of our documents to apply in March. I still have few more questions regarding those documents.

As I know we need to provide some proof of our intention to move to Canada. So we are planning to provide a letter from my husband's friend from Canada stating that we will be staying at his house when we move to Canada after getting my husband's PR.

My question is do we need to notarize the letter from my husband's friend or without notarize will be ok?

It will be really helpful if anyone can give me an answer.
Thanks in advance

BlueGreen

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
File Transfer...
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
19-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
13-12-2017
BlueGreen said:
My spouse and I mailed my permanent resident application and supporting documents today, March 13, 2017. I am a citizen of the United States of America, and my spouse is a Canadian citizen. We both are residing currently in Canada. We used Canada Post's Xpresspost service to mail the application packet, which is scheduled to arrive in Mississauga within two days. We will keep readers on this forum updated as we receive any status changes.

We sincerely appreciate all of the help we have received on this forum. The posts and information here have been most valuable as we worked through the application process.
Our permanent resident application package was delivered today, March 14, 2017 - less than 24 hours after mailing with Canada Post.

udub

Feb 3, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2017
Lia77 said:
Hello Everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen living outside Canada for 5 years. I am planning to apply for the outland spouse visa for my husband soon. I am gathering all of our documents to apply in March. I still have few more questions regarding those documents.

As I know we need to provide some proof of our intention to move to Canada. So we are planning to provide a letter from my husband's friend from Canada stating that we will be staying at his house when we move to Canada after getting my husband's PR.

My question is do we need to notarize the letter from my husband's friend or without notarize will be ok?

It will be really helpful if anyone can give me an answer.
Thanks in advance
Your best bet is to sign a lease with your husband's friend. You can find lease templates online. Some provinces (like BC) have tenant agreement templates online so it will be super easy.
Good luck.

msemmz

Nov 16, 2016
Just sent in my application to sponsor my American Husband. ( March 14,2017)

I'm Canadian and we are living in Canada currently and we have applied Outland while in Canada.

Let the process begin :D 8)

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
msemmz said:
Just sent in my application to sponsor my American Husband. ( March 14,2017)

I'm Canadian and we are living in Canada currently and we have applied Outland while in Canada.

Let the process begin :D 8)
Thank you for your reply udub

just to clarify that We will be staying at my husband's friend house for free until we get a job and a place for ourselves to stay. In that case, my husband's friend will be writing a letter for us stating that we will be staying at his place until we find a home for ourselves. So this letter will also be a proof of our intention to move to Canada along with some other documents that we are providing. That is why I wanted to know if my husband's friend need to notarize the letter or it will be ok without notarization.

Thanks in advance :)

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lia77 said:
Thank you for your reply udub

just to clarify that We will be staying at my husband's friend house for free until we get a job and a place for ourselves to stay. In that case, my husband's friend will be writing a letter for us stating that we will be staying at his place until we find a home for ourselves. So this letter will also be a proof of our intention to move to Canada along with some other documents that we are providing. That is why I wanted to know if my husband's friend need to notarize the letter or it will be ok without notarization.

Thanks in advance :)
Definitely notarize it. Makes it a bit stronger as you are presenting it as part of a proof of your intent to go back to Canada once ur partners PR is approved. We got it notarized too...

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Sent the Application yesterday , received today... Also got the SMS confirming that the mail room has received the Application !

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not seeing any efficacy of the SMS pilot program for those who use courier for sending their applications.

iSuperman

Nov 23, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2017
AOR Received.
Soon!
Hey March applicants, did anyone get AOR 1? Share your timeline too.

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
Hi all. Our application was recieved on 13 of March and also we recieved sms confirming that. Now I am curious how long....on average does it take to recieve a request for medicals and PCC?

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nina53 said:
Hi all. Our application was recieved on 13 of March and also we recieved sms confirming that. Now I am curious how long....on average does it take to recieve a request for medicals and PCC?
15 to 20 days

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iSuperman said:
Hey March applicants, did anyone get AOR 1? Share your timeline too.
In the spread sheet for MARCH 2017. 2 people have received their AORs. One in 9 days and one in 12.
Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JGkV0CchzTOkUZWx4sVESzqtjp-DpLzUokvvxNmrFlI/edit#gid=0

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hey all ,

Is it possible to book a medical exam from one of the CIC approved medical center's even before a getting medical request ? or should we wait for the medical request and then book an appointment?

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
rockwidme said:
Hey all ,

Is it possible to book a medical exam from one of the CIC approved medical center's even before a getting medical request ? or should we wait for the medical request and then book an appointment?
For the new forms , no more upfront medical you have to wait
for the medical request and DMP will not examine you without the request from
IRCC