Nov 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ak_indi said:
DONE.

We have a Whatsapp group of Feb/Mar applicants, if interested to join, please PM me your name, number and date of application.

sent pm for whatsapp group

Reactions: Mr U

cerah

Mar 15, 2017
So we've applied for my common law spouses residency and I got an email yesterday (March 14th) that it was received on Feb. 27th.

I'm trying to look at the spreadsheets and figure out what kind of wait timeline there is but I'm really confused about the acronyms... AOR? AOR1/AOR2? Is there a list somewhere (I tried to find it and failed) explaining all of this?

We went the Outland route even though he's here in Canada because we're hoping it'll be quicker than Inland and he has a work visa already until October 2017. The immigration lawyer we talked to said it's generally 6-9 months processing time for Outland but looking at CICs processing times yesterday online and they're saying 12 months for Inland AND Outland now so it's got me a bit stressed...

GabbyVP

Jan 28, 2017
Hi Guys!
Application received March, 14

For those who are applying for Quebec

I just want to double check with you the steps ...

1. Send CIC documents to the federal government with federal forms + Receipt
2. If you qualify for sponsorship, they send you a letter saying so.
3. Send that letter with the Quebec forms + Payment (277$).
4. Quebec approves you sponsorship, then in goes to the outland office to process the applicant part.

Do I need to do anything else ? Or my last step will be sending Quebec Forms ? And after that just waiiiiit ?
I feel I am missing a step

Regarding Police Certifcates... When they will request it ? It will take me at least 1 month to receive it!

Thanks you

cerah

Mar 15, 2017
prvc said:
AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt

AOR1 = First AOR you will receive -- this will be sent by CPC-Mississauga

AOR2 - Second AOR you will receive -- this will be sent by your Visa Office

*note: not all receive their AOR.
Thanks!

Now I just have to wait for sponsorship approval so I can link the account, right?

Any idea on the rough timeline for final approvals these days? 6... 9... 12 months?

cerah

Mar 15, 2017
prvc said:
Inland or outland? If outland, where do you think your file will be transferred to? Hmm. Hard to say without knowing your visa office and your circumstances.

You can try linking your app now.
Filed as outland but we're in Canada... BC to be precise.

IamGill

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
File Transfer...
02-05-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017 (Passed)
Med's Done....
11-04-2017 (DM on 1-08-2017)
Passport Req..
07-08-2017 (Submitted on 08-08-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2017
LANDED..........
23-08-2017
cerah said:
Filed as outland but we're in Canada... BC to be precise.
Hey!! You're supposed to link your account after the AOR 1. You will be able to link your account now since you know your application and UCI number now. I read that you just have 7 days to link your account...after those days you have to call CIC to be able to link your account. Good luck :)

cerah

Mar 15, 2017
IamGill said:
Hey!! You're supposed to link your account after the AOR 1. You will be able to link your account now since you know your application and UCI number now. I read that you just have 7 days to link your account...after those days you have to call CIC to be able to link your account. Good luck :)
I tried but it locked me out after 5 attempts. I was looking at the thread on linking my cic account and I tried a few different combinations of things but nothing seems to work.

cerah

Mar 15, 2017
prvc said:
I see. And you are a resident of what country?
I'm a Canadian Citizen and he's a New Zealand Citizen. We've lived together for two years in NZ and about a year and a half in Canada. He's on a Working Holiday Visa right now for Canada and we're living in Whistler.

We applied as Outland because the immigration lawyer we talked to said it would be 6-9months turn around instead of 12months and we'd be able to go back to NZ if there was an emergency or something. I notice on some of the other Outland threads like August 2016 they're saying the July people are getting their approvals and a couple August applications are too... which puts it at 7ish months... I checked CICs website for a timeline though and they're saying both Inland and Outland are 12 month turn arounds.

cerah

Mar 15, 2017
prvc said:
You can create another GCKey and try linking again. Follow these steps:

Not mine. Credit goes to the owner.

"1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name. If you don't have App Number, use Family Name, Birthday, Place of Birth
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application."
Tried that but selected Application Number & UCI Number. I'll give the family one a try tomorrow night when I'm allowed again. Seems so ridiculous to have to put in so much arbitrary information... why not just the designated application/uci numbers?

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Screenager said:
Definitely notarize it. Makes it a bit stronger as you are presenting it as part of a proof of your intent to go back to Canada once ur partners PR is approved. We got it notarized too...
Thanks a lot Screenager for your reply. :)

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
So ive looked at the spreadsheet and people who sent their app after me are getting their AORs... so i was getting concerned and i called CIC. They gave me my file/application number and said that everything looks good. meds and police check received as well which puts my mind at ease!!! He told me that OFFICALLY they are processing applications received up to Feb 20 at this point but noted that all officers work at a different pace... im going to take that as my AOR1!!! Which excites me... was getting worried thinking it would get sent back.. he stated that the officers wouldnt create a file to send an incomplete application back so thats good!! i also have a UCI but he couldnt provide it to me over the phone...

he stated that i wont be able to link the application until i have my SA... which is odd but thats ok.. and that leads to my next question... how many people are included in our app if there is the Sponsor, Primary Applicant and a Dependant? 2 or 3?

Thanks all :)

Dont get discouraged by other peoples dates...

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
starnaenae said:
So ive looked at the spreadsheet and people who sent their app after me are getting their AORs... so i was getting concerned and i called CIC. They gave me my file/application number and said that everything looks good. meds and police check received as well which puts my mind at ease!!! He told me that OFFICALLY they are processing applications received up to Feb 20 at this point but noted that all officers work at a different pace... im going to take that as my AOR1!!! Which excites me... was getting worried thinking it would get sent back.. he stated that the officers wouldnt create a file to send an incomplete application back so thats good!! i also have a UCI but he couldnt provide it to me over the phone...

he stated that i wont be able to link the application until i have my SA... which is odd but thats ok.. and that leads to my next question... how many people are included in our app if there is the Sponsor, Primary Applicant and a Dependant? 2 or 3?

Thanks all :)

Dont get discouraged by other peoples dates...
The last part isn't even accurate. People are able to link the application before even getting the AOR1 e-mail.

That being said, with number of people, most people seem to have luck with using 2. In my specific case, I was able to link only with choosing 1, even though I had a dependent on the application.