Waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2014
LANDED..........
22-10-2014
O_guy said:
I have good news to share. Our ECAS changed to In Progress. For future reference for anyone who might be interested, Manila VO started processing our application 19 days after they recieved the passport.
O_guy...congratulation! very strange VO :eek: how long do they keep the pass in general before they issue the visa? what can u do in case u want to travel? u cant bcs they have ur pass?

p.s my mail is delivered today in Rome...i m a little bit concerned:i saw the proof of delivery(I used DHL courier)and a someone named Sorce has signed the delivery of shipment :-X so that's all? do u know if they send you a confirmation that they have received the required documents? or i just need to calm down and wait in silence since PPR? :-X ???

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
orchidea said:
O_guy...congratulation! very strange VO :eek: how long do they keep the pass in general before they issue the visa? what can u do in case u want to travel? u cant bcs they have ur pass?

p.s my mail is delivered today in Rome...i m a little bit concerned:i saw the proof of delivery(I used DHL courier)and a someone named Sorce has signed the delivery of shipment :-X so that's all? do u know if they send you a confirmation that they have received the required documents? or i just need to calm down and wait in silence since PPR? :-X ???
How long it takes to issue the visa widely various. I noticed someone in the Manila VO spreadsheet who said it took only 4 days between "In Process" and "Decision Made". Others have indicated it took up to 4 weeks. No, I can't imagine how you can travel (out of Canada for instance) without your passport. Of course you can travel within Canada with just a piece of photo ID such as your license.

I wouldn't say the Manila VO is strange. They are certainly much faster than a year ago. I don't have problem with them. My issue is with CIC in general for having different rules in different offices. Why Rome VO requests original documents such as Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate but South American VO simply ask for photocopies is just one example. CIC is Federal Government department under one Minister. Therefore, its rules and procedures should not change from one office to the next.

orchidea

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
File Transfer...
15-05-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2014
LANDED..........
22-10-2014
O_guy said:
How long it takes to issue the visa widely various. I noticed someone in the Manila VO spreadsheet who said it took only 4 days between "In Process" and "Decision Made". Others have indicated it took up to 4 weeks. No, I can't imagine how you can travel (out of Canada for instance) without your passport. Of course you can travel within Canada with just a piece of photo ID such as your license.

I wouldn't say the Manila VO is strange. They are certainly much faster than a year ago. I don't have problem with them. My issue is with CIC in general for having different rules in different offices. Why Rome VO requests original documents such as Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate but South American VO simply ask for photocopies is just one example. CIC is Federal Government department under one Minister. Therefore, its rules and procedures should not change from one office to the next.
yep its true...people are confused in the beginning when they are applying bcs you dont know what to do.some vo wants the original and some no...so probably you have to guess? :eek: they need to have the same rules and procedures everywhere. i have read so many thing under cic website and if it was not for the forum that i have asked many things will be still unclear for me :eek: but lets feel lucky now bcs at least we are at the end of the process and all this anxiety will finish soon. ;)

M

mikeymyke

Congrats O_guy for the In Process. So I guess on this thread, there's only 2 Singapore applicants who got In Process? Based on the length of time it took them to get In Process, I'm predicting I will get mine by the end of this week. Hopefully :p

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeymyke said:
Congrats O_guy for the In Process. So I guess on this thread, there's only 2 Singapore applicants who got In Process? Based on the length of time it took them to get In Process, I'm predicting I will get mine by the end of this week. Hopefully :p
Thanks Mikey. Singapore VO and Manila VO are both much faster than what they were in 2012 and 2013. We are certainly more fortunate to be going through this process in 2014.

M

mikeymyke

Yeah I'm really happy about that!

I have a question, when someone gets In Process, do you get an email from CIC? Or do you only find out by going on Ecas?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Yeah I'm really happy about that!

I have a question, when someone gets In Process, do you get an email from CIC? Or do you only find out by going on Ecas?
Just status on ecas. No email.

M

mikeymyke

I see, well I've been checking ecas religiously this week because the two guys who got In Process took approx. 5 months to get it, and they were from Singapore VO, so I guessed that I should get mine sometime this week, yeah I know it doesn't work out that way, but I'm too impatient :p

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mikeymyke said:
I see, well I've been checking ecas religiously this week because the two guys who got In Process took approx. 5 months to get it, and they were from Singapore VO, so I guessed that I should get mine sometime this week, yeah I know it doesn't work out that way, but I'm too impatient :p
actually, status changed to ecas after submitting ppr and rprf, so technically, yes there was an email, just not one that says "we have started processing your application". for ottawa at least, submitting the passport prompts the status to go to in process. and for my app, it changed 1 or 2 days after i sent in the requests.

M

mikeymyke

Ah I see, so just gotta wait for the PPR email. My wife's coming here on Friday, if she gets PPR, we're going to submit it after she's finished her stay in Canada as a visitor

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Ah I see, so just gotta wait for the PPR email. My wife's coming here on Friday, if she gets PPR, we're going to submit it after she's finished her stay in Canada as a visitor
exactly... assuming singapore follows the same protocol. you must be excited for your wife to visit! enjoy your time together!

i plan to land on friday... nervous and excited all at the same time. thinking this is what getting married was suppose to really feel like a year ago. :)

M

mikeymyke

Cool, so Friday will be a big day for both of us :D

I'm really excited for her to be here. I want to cook breakfast in bed for her, drive her places, give her a massage when she's tense. 4 days so longgggggggggg

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mikeymyke said:
4 days so longgggggggggg
tell me about it! at least it's down to single digits AND can be counted on only 1 hand!!!!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014